"Guild Area" Expansion

LordSodos

Latest Update of this thread: update 1.4.2

Greetings,

I worked on this idea for some months, now I decided to wrote it down:

I play on a roleplay server, and lead a heavy roleplay guild... and there it would be nice, if there would be a "guild map". But it is also vor PvP and PvE player.

On this Map would be a temple or something like this, ... with a throne room, .. maybe a kind of council, .. other rooms... maybe buildings.. and NPC's around.

I WROTE IT NOW ONLY FOR IMPERIAL SIDE:

• How you can enter it?

1st idea:

For example there would be a "green door" on Dromund Kaas, only the group members can enter. The map would be not as big, but surly not too small.

2nd idea:

You can "invite to phase" --> like invite to group

• What about PvP and PvE players? (update 1.2)

It would be nice, if you can change the phase to: PvP, PvE or RP. So you can form the area into a PvP war zone or a PvE area with enemy NPC's.

• Player - Player Dialogs (update 1.3)

What is it?

The "Player to Player Dialog" is a Dialog typical for SWTOR. You can decide Answers, Questions, ... but now not with NPC's, but with other Players.

One example:

If you sit on the Throne, a Dialog starts. The Leader (who sits on the throne) can change the background music with a menu. It shows then your guys coming into your room and you can make a Player to Player dialog. You also can decide not to make this dialog.

When the area is on PvP mode, you can make a Player vs Player dialog like the final Jedi Knight story mission. You can decide answers and statements and the attacker questions and statements, ...

What does that means, change background Music?

The Leader of the instance, so finally the leader of the guild, is the leader of this dialog. He can change the music via a click on a button. The system automatically makes a segue between the music scenes. If a music track is over, it starts from the beginning.

How many players can join one Dialog?

Every player in this instance, so until 100 people.

Who can speak?

When the instance starts, every of this 100 players have two options:

1) to keep quiet

2) to speak out

If for example 10 players decide to speak out, the leader can see who clicked it, and allow this guy to speak.

• Daily-Mission-Area (update 1.4)

At the end of the area, would be a cave. It is closed by a massive door, and only if you buy the access, you can enter it. If you enter the gave there is a path to the "daily mission area". If you opened the door, some elite soldiers level 55 will guard the cave.

Costs:

• 500 Cartel Coins for entering the area

This update could come online after the release of the area (this time the door is closed)

There will be around 5-10 new Missions.

8 Dailies (8 for single player)

1 Area mission

1 weekly (you have to finish all dailies)

There also can be a new flashpoint, ... operation or something like this for 8, 16, 32 people.

There could also be a new world boss.

• How many players can enter?

I think at big guild meetings, there would be around 100 players, so would be around 100 slots to enter.

But you have to buy slots:

10 slots = 50 cartel coins

50 slots = 200 cartel coins

100 slots = 1000 cartel coins

if you buy 10 slots, only 10 can enter. If you buy 50, only 50 can enter, if you buy 100 slots, only 100 can enter. So it doesn't sum.

• Why would Bioware, ... make this?

Because to enter, or to add NPC's, the guild leader, or donators in the guild, have to buy this with Cartel-Coins.

• How much would it cost?

1)

Activation to the area for the guild (everyone in the guild and group, ... can enter) --> 2.500 cartel coins or 9.999.999 credits.

2)

Add NPC's --> it will add NPC's to the "area" and makes it more.. "vibrant". (It adds normal civic but also sith walking through the streets !!!no defenders!!!) --> 500 cartel coins

3)

Add Secuity --> this adds gold star / boss NPC's infront of doors, chambers, ... like guards in the sith academy and imperial troopers guard the streets--> 500 cartel coins

• What building would be there?

1) A temple, as big as the dark temple on Dromund Kaas (or jedi temple on tython).

2) Some buildings, 2-3 streets --> the whole area is as big as the main Kaas City area + Temple

• Where would be the entrance and how it would look like?

I think the entrance would be in a mountain wall at the end of the map. Like a cave. If you enter it, you realize, that this mountain is only a small one, and there is a city beyond it.

• What rooms would be there in the temple?

1) Council with around 6-12 seats. (Looks nearly like the dark council)

2) Throne room (looks like emperor vitiates throne room --> with throne) if you click on the throne, !!! the leader !!! can sit down. At the area in front of the stairs would be "click" areas (around 50), if you click there, you kneel and look up to the leader. Also this blue flame "torches".

3) Meditate room --> if you click on "click areas" you get red like in the sith inquisitor main healing skill.

4) Some other tiny rooms.

• What use has this area?

For better roleplay experience and personal meeting places.

For PvE and PvP player a nice battleground with dialogs. (update 1.2)

Thanks for reading, and I will write every single improvement in this thread!

I will also make some pictures, .. groundplans, ...

If you like it, help us keep this thread alive, and rate it with 5 stars!

May the dark side guide your path,

May the force be with you,

Venes Kallig.

Edited by LordSodos
Update 1.4.2

Relly nice idea but i dont like pure RP , but if they give us there some Guild VS Guild PVP it will work, hmm and maby some more usable NPC and lockers, maby personal room with extra storage or something like that and maby some decorations crafted / PVP achievments or PVE. Edited by Velun

To me this sounds like the tired idea of a "guild ship" and I don't understand it...or perhaps I'm just cynical. So, if they implemented something like this or even a guild ship, the only audience would be RP-ers and I suspect there aren't that many.

See, the same issues I see with a guild ship apply. The first week the things is launched a lot of people login and take a look around it and its busy and neat and yay. The next week less people and the week after that even less until its just one or two people idling while they wait for their queue to pop. We have guild chat so I don't understand why, other than a pure RP experience and again I think that's a pretty small segment to cater to, people keep wanting to have their characters near each other. There aren't even chat bubbles!

I can't understand why someone would willingly sit around this area or a guid ship. You can do dailies and still chat with your guildmates. You can queue, do dailes and still chat exclusively with your guildmates. One would think that people playing an MMO would grok the idea of not needing to be in physical proximity to talk and socialize and have meetings. Its a pretty dead-on analog for what you are actually doing in real-life when you plan an MMO.

The only audience would be RP-ers and I suspect there aren't that many.

There are many on a roleplay server^^

And:

• Its also for PvP and PvE Players.
  • In the next update I will write about a "daily-quest" area
  • You forgot the "Player to Player" dialogs. Where a player can talk in a dialog with another player.
  • This are only the first versions. I will update it whenever I have a new idea.

I like it, well most of it. This is a bit different from what is normally expected, which is the Guild Capital Ships which we should see at some point. BW has talked about it, but I think they were focusing on GSF.

I love the idea of changing the phase to be PVE, PVP or maybe even RP where they could allow chat bubbles. Just a thought.

So for PVP people, they could turn their guild zone into an open world death match. RP is obvious, there would be an instanced space. Now PVE I would add an encounters room. You could unlock "encounters" with your guild. So each Flashpoint/Operation boss you defeat could be summoned in the encounter room so you could practice. I assume this will be a scaled down version, mainly for learning mechanics.

I made a new version of this thread... (UPDATE 1.4)

read through it (its for PvE players now)

• I added a daily-mission-area
  • I added a worldboss
  • I add maybe a flashpoint or operation

The next update will be for PvP players.

Uh...then the only people you could do a worldboss or the dailies with are people in your guild? That's also pretty limiting to people who choose not to be in a guild for whatever reason.

IMHO this would hurt social interaction within the game rather than foster it.

Edit: Listen, I get it. You really want to have a place where you and your friends can go RP and you can sit in a throne and look down on your guildies with scorn and make them lick your boots or whatever. I sympathize with the RP desire. I just don't believe that a guild ship or something along those lines will ever end up getting used much outside of the first couple weeks. I genuinely believe it would be a ghost town to the vast majority of guilds and thus firmly believe it would be a waste of BW resources. They may ultimately disagree with me, I don't know, I'm just putting my 2¢ in, its nothing personal.

Edited by Phyltr

Uh...then the only people you could do a worldboss or the dailies with are people in your guild? That's also pretty limiting to people who choose not to be in a guild for whatever reason.

No. If you go into a group and join this instance, or click on the avatar of the one, .. and "invite him to phase".

And its not only me, who wants it. If would be like a social place for all friends, guild mates, ... to meet..

May the dark side guide your path.

As a roleplayer...Basically, what you seem to be suggesting is an instanced area where the Instance Leader (as in, the person who owns the phase / instance) has complete control over the roleplaying actions of other characters -- when the point of roleplaying is dynamic interaction between creative minds.

Unless I'm not understanding the point, here.

• 4 months later...