Need advice

egenghis

Hi everyone, I am new to swtor and its pvp. I've run into a wall in terms of pvping with marauder. I am unable to stick on my target (carnage build level 50 ATM) and I can't damage anyone and if I get focused I die almost instantly (in recruit set) and the biggest obstacle would be the constant cc, I feel like I keep getting cc-ed for the full amount from the same ability. I have also noticed some people are immune to my "intimidating shout" or what ever the skill is called and my choke, is there a spell to become immune to ccs. Thanks in advance. I apologise If these rants have already been addressed, kindly link me to them. Thank you all!

Hi everyone, I am new to swtor and its pvp. I've run into a wall in terms of pvping with marauder. I am unable to stick on my target (carnage build level 50 ATM) and I can't damage anyone and if I get focused I die almost instantly (in recruit set) and the biggest obstacle would be the constant cc, I feel like I keep getting cc-ed for the full amount from the same ability. I have also noticed some people are immune to my "intimidating shout" or what ever the skill is called and my choke, is there a spell to become immune to ccs. Thanks in advance. I apologise If these rants have already been addressed, kindly link me to them. Thank you all!

if you are carnage you have many roots and the best slow in the game. Make use of these. Being in Recruit gear will make you squishy. So just keep playing earning your comms and get the warhero gear as fast as you can. You also have 4 very useful defensive cooldowns to make very good use of. Never got my Sentinel to 50 as the class bored me.

Jenna'syyde

Thanks for the reply :), but can you give me any tips on avoiding the cc's I find myself cc'ed for what feels like 8 seconds (chained cc'ed) and its frustrating when I use my "invis spell" which is suppose to get rid of movement impairing effects but I find myself rooted

In one spot (could this be a skill bug?)

Thanks for the reply :), but can you give me any tips on avoiding the cc's I find myself cc'ed for what feels like 8 seconds (chained cc'ed) and its frustrating when I use my "invis spell" which is suppose to get rid of movement impairing effects but I find myself rooted

In one spot (could this be a skill bug?)

If I knew that my friend I would never die. My Sage is constantly stunned. But pretty soon there wont be no more bubble stun so that will help you alot. Not sure on the other ??

Jenna'syyde

You haven't mentioned Resolve. This is a score that builds as you get stunned/mezzed, it's displayed under your character's health if you take that option or around your character portrait. Once you get 1000 resolve you can't be cc'd again until it drains down to zero.

You have a cc breaker (on a 2 min CD), it usually makes sense to wait until you have full resolve before hitting it, other wise you can be re-cc'd again straight after using it.

Some classes (examples: Assassin with Force Shroud, Unremitting for Juggs, Hydraulic whatchamacallits on BH) can be immune to some/all cc for a time.

And get the War Hero gear soon as you can, and put augments in it. Have fun.

On a separate note, any information in regards to pvp spec? I really like annilation but have not yielded good dps from it in pvp :( (dots do like 100 damage and cleansed makes it quite useless)

Rage (Smash spec) does the most damage in the game. Carnage is great single-target. Still seem pretty powerful on the PTS.