Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

yup, and why I re-rolled on a west coast server back at 1.2. When they kept saying server transfers were comming I knew that was the time to re-roll. My ping to APAC was always above 400ms that is terrible living in asia and with a fiberoptic cable to the house. On west coast I come in below 100ms even I check east coast and I could get below 150ms.

The population on the APAC servers left for many reasons but one of them is half of asia has terrible lag on APAC servers and not on US servers. None of us want to play out of our timezones, we are forced to if we want a playable game. Playing on a US server in the morning most times lives us with kids to play with, thankfully for us some others from APAC have rolled there too.

Just curious if you've tried the APAC servers since then? I initially had lag issues but now I get a really good ping.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone from Bioware please give us an update on this issue? The FreePlay option has given a boost to tell Dalborra population but I still think a server merge or one massive realm is the best option As this may only be temporary

Also there isn't lot of population that every planet should have at least 20 to 50 in each Or grp finder still not getting a lot of pops on the low level flashpoints

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I think customer support, especially that of APAC users is way down on the list of priorities. Somewhere below "kill time by asking F2P users who haven't payed a cent how they are enjoying the game"

whenever are the promised paid transfers coming...

To some extent I have given up hope anything will be done to the servers.. you're quite right... without even addressing issues there they go with 1.6...

I'd rather be stuck on 1.5 for an additional month as they continue to address issues before moving on... why bother with content when no one's around to play it with anyway

Just curious if you've tried the APAC servers since then? I initially had lag issues but now I get a really good ping.

I logged into 2 lat night and played the first 5 levels, the ping never dropped below 400ms. As much as we would like to play closer to our own time zone, even if we got transfers the game is barely playable at that ping. For us in the north part of asia we will stay on US west until something improves.

Just a little reminder Bioware and Jeff Hickman

Topic #3: Oceanic populations. Are we doing anything about them?

Answer: We are very aware of the concerns with the population levels on the Oceanic servers. The problem is pretty complex, as the solutions we have either split the populations further (like allowing Oceanic players to move to North American servers), or would force players to go to server types (PvP or RP, etc…) that they do not want to be on. Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.

I know its not even a week yet but now is the time to act before MORE people leave the game. There is no significant improvement. Around 100 players is barely significant on the grand scale of things and how many of these players will stay???

Pull your finger out, come up with the solution that is fair for all, and do something!

STOP IGNORING US

FIRST PAGE HAS BEEN EDITED!!!! PLEASE CHECK IT OUT

Edited by Cheezfriend

Chippy

Calm down dude...

Yeah I know man, if this was Imperial Fleet, someone would have been force choked against a bulkhead by now, a planet destroyed and a whole legion of slaves hurled into a Sun.

We on Republic side know exactly what is going on, your not being ignored dude...its the wheels of bureaucracy and such.

Department 1 is talking to department 2, department 3 is waiting for a document from department 4, which of course is mostly on Holiday from all the stress. Department 5 who are just new to the job have broken the internal email system by downloading P R O N...

What you need is a real Republic solution..

(it worked for us before)

Cunningly tempt Darth Malgus to Bioware headquarters, letting him think he was being a rascally sneaky viscious Sith and HAVE HIM DESTROY THE BUREAUCRACY FOR YOU..:cool:

On a serious note

Good work Chippy :)

and to Bioware

Faster Solutions please

we need a merger NOW.

Master Dar'Nala is for all intents and purposes a PVE server. There is no world pvp as there is NOBODY IN THE WORLD. Asserting that people will be unhappy that they will miss out on world pvp if the server were to be merged with the other APAC servers is ridiculous because they are already missing out on world pvp for the before mentioned reason. At least if it were merged with the PVE servers people could still flag themselves for pvp and wouldn't have to wait hours on end for flashpoints and warzones...

Master Dar'Nala is for all intents and purposes a PVE server. There is no world pvp as there is NOBODY IN THE WORLD. Asserting that people will be unhappy that they will miss out on world pvp if the server were to be merged with the other APAC servers is ridiculous because they are already missing out on world pvp for the before mentioned reason. At least if it were merged with the PVE servers people could still flag themselves for pvp and wouldn't have to wait hours on end for flashpoints and warzones...

I seriously doubt any of us on Master D are upset about losing the potential for World PvP. Right now it'd just be nice to have a WZ or two lol. If that means BW merging all the servers into a PvE server, so be it. It's no biggie for us.

Its getting a bit depressing for me on Master D.

Yes population has improved and its nice to see returning players.

Rep fleet is going off, gone from 30 on fleet in prime time to 52 last night...:eek:

Can we please get server merges to one APAC server ASAP.

Its getting a bit depressing for me on Master D.

Yes population has improved and its nice to see returning players.

Rep fleet is going off, gone from 30 on fleet in prime time to 52 last night...:eek:

So f2P hasn't had much of an effect. Server merge should happen ASAP.

So f2P hasn't had much of an effect. Server merge should happen ASAP.

Can't merge a pvp server into pve servers, especially with the bugs surrounding flagging on pve servers.

Also, the pve and rp servers are doing great, it's only the pvp server that's losing people (and a lot of that is because of all this talk, people on your pvp server seem to have self-defeatist attitude). You lot have probably put everyone off ever rollling there with all this complaining.

Best thing they could do is offer character transfers to the pvp server people, as the RP server and pve servers are doing fine and don't need to be merged (especially not with a pvp server). Then you could figure out what is more important to you - latency or ability to attack people everywhere.

Edited by lollie