This game is bad?

MajinEddie

I'm not a big game player but when I do play something its an mmo. Played wow tera aion and swtor. I enjoy this game the most. Why is there so much hate for this game. Combat is good. I love the SW and BH storys. Just as great as KOTOR. Lots of pvp and pve options. Without going on a rant can I get what makes this game so bad.

Most of the complaints I see in chat are comparisons with WoW. I've never played WoW so I can't comment on comparisons. The other complaint that I do agree which will soon change is the space combat. It's a train combat where you just shoot things coming at you. The new PvP space combat should lessen the complaints.

People love to complain, it's human nature, and it's the internet. Those same people could have fifty dollar bills falling out of their a**, and complain the serial numbers aren't in numerical order.

Play the game and decide for yourself. Don't let others sway your opinion.

Edited by Pirana

I love this game. I gave up console and handheld systems and had my PC custom made just so I could play SWTOR. I love Star Wars, all six movies, the Essential guides, the KoTOR games.... All of it. Don't let anyone decide what to like or not. Peace and may the Force be with you. I want to believe in this game and that it can only become more and successful. The naysayers anger me. Edited by Darth_Krushya
more info

What made players believe swtor is bad was the lack of fast new content in the first months. Bioware created what many "experts" are calling the highest quality MMO and it is what "killed" the game. It cost so much to produce, that they could not generate enough money to pay for the producing costs and new content at the same time.

Bioware underestimated the player's ability to burn through the content and peeps unsubbed left and right.

What made players believe swtor is bad was the lack of fast new content in the first months. Bioware created what many "experts" are calling the highest quality MMO and it is what "killed" the game. It cost so much to produce, that they could not generate enough money to pay for the producing costs and new content at the same time.

Bioware underestimated the player's ability to burn through the content and peeps unsubbed left and right.

You forget that they now have a larger playerbase, are raking in enough money to make the game profitable, and we still get new content rather consistently.

In answer to the OP: No one can decide whether or not a game is bad, for this is an opinion. Decide for yourself, and let nobody influence your opinion either way.

Also, wrong forum.

you definitely knew the game had serious issues in the beginning when you had the head developers thinking it would take the majority player base 3-4 months to get to level 50 and that they wouldn't let beta testers test the end-game content. Rocks in there heads.

Most of the complaints I see in chat are comparisons with WoW. I've never played WoW so I can't comment on comparisons. The other complaint that I do agree which will soon change is the space combat. It's a train combat where you just shoot things coming at you. The new PvP space combat should lessen the complaints.

If its just dull pvp that gets updated with proper space combat and the pve get stuck with the same old crap combat missions, then there will still be complaints about it, just not from pvp folk, which means it will likely get ignored.

Imo the main thing wrong with this game is the fact that it's an MMO. If they'd made this a console/pc game with multiplayer elements, they'd have had a lot more success with less overhead. As it stands the only reason I even gave it a shot is because it's star wars and the only other option was a decade old RPG called KOTOR. Even now that I've been playing & subbed for a year, I've only finished one class story. (I have no interest in PvP or endgame stuff) I even splurged and bought a beast of a pc for the sole purpose of playing this game. So whatever ppl think is wrong with swtor, it was good enough to convince a dedicated console gamer spend the money I'd set aside to buy the PS4 & xbone on a pc. And pay $15 a month for a game I really only play for no more than 2hrs per session a few days a week, & maybe 6hrs on the weekends.

I pre-ordered SWTOR and started on day one. I am a MMO-Veteran and I have been playing that kind of games for over ten years now. In my opinion it is not perfect, but it is definitely a good one. Sure there are some things I don't like, but show me a game that doesn't. I had quite a long break (over a year) and I started anew in October and I am quite happy that I did. I have a lot of fun and I spend quite some time ingame, so for my criteria it seems SWTOR is a decent game ... again.

The problem about complaints is that it is always louder than contentment. In my country there is a saying. Translated it would go like "Not to be flamed is praised enough."

So the ones like you and me will always feel like an outcast on a small island in the great sea of whine. Seems like human nature to put great effort in complaining and less in improving. As part of a community I'd take it as a job to give clear and constructive feedback on issues I encounter ingame. But mostly we hear rants like:

"That game is crap."

"Why?"

"Because it's crap. You know, it sucks."

"Ah. Yes .. that clarifies."

Frankly, to sort out a problem is hard enough. But sorting out a problem that isn't described properly is an encounter I don't want to face. But that is, what game developers have to deal with every day. It's a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.

All you can do is lean back, ceep calm - and turn off the general chat channel. ;-)