What is being done to stop the hacking?

Grey_Sly

I PvP a lot and lately I have not been able to get into a single game without there being hacks running rampant.

(not just my opponents but some pugs I get grouped with also)

I put in an average of 6 tickets per day about hacking but nothing seems to change.

What is being done to stop the hacking.

I'm not some "butt hurt noob" that gets bent when they lose.

Hacking is running rampant, and ruining PvP.

PS: If you are not a Bio Ware employee.. then I don't really care to see you post l2p or any other lame response.

Do you have an examples of what kind of hacks?

It seems since bioware upgraded thier detection software, I haven't seen any obvious cheats i.e. the speed hack, so I'm just curious what observations you've made?

-not implying dishonesty, I'm just curious

Only one I've seen some of lately is an anti-cc hack. Granted, some characters have abilities that make them immune for a short time, but even reslove doesn't immune you to slowing effects. There are some players that I have basically spammed affliction on for 25-30 seconds and force slow when it was up(if spec'd affliction has a force slow effect) and nadda. Shock also had no effect on these players. It's an mmo full of bugs, and these things happen til fixed, but it is annoying.

Hutt Ball reset hack...

Tied Game... holding ball (tossed to me in the last 30 seconds of the game)....

I'm at full health and being supported by entire team...

last 5 seconds it says I threw the ball...

Since all I was hitting were my defensive cool downs... 8 thru = there is no way I hit 1(my throw huttball key) and then targeted the ground especially since I couldn't see a clear spot to throw to being surrounded by both teams

Edited by Grey_Sly

The most common hacks that people run is all tied to the same basic application. You can boost speed, be immune to CC/Stun etc. The most rampant one being ran right now is the anti CC hack. As stated above there are classes that have abilities that make them immune to CC for a short time. Guardian/Jug can chain it together to get 8 seconds of CC immunity etc.

Whats really funny is when you use a AOE CC ability like flash bang and you see 3-4 players hit by it and 2-3 more that just keep on tucking like nothing happened. No resolve bars nothing. They just flat out ignore it. If you pay attention it doesn't take long to spot them..

The best thing you can do if you see a few people doing this is Fraps them and make them and their guild famous on YouTube. Post a few threads here and make sure you /report them in game.

Only one I've seen some of lately is an anti-cc hack. Granted, some characters have abilities that make them immune for a short time, but even reslove doesn't immune you to slowing effects. There are some players that I have basically spammed affliction on for 25-30 seconds and force slow when it was up(if spec'd affliction has a force slow effect) and nadda. Shock also had no effect on these players. It's an mmo full of bugs, and these things happen til fixed, but it is annoying.

I've experienced this too recently. To my knowledge saves, shadows, and gunslingers have no stun immunity, but I've had all three walk right thru my low slash and electrocute like I didn't even do anything. This not a case of them breaking it or me hitting them with full resolve. I also know the attacks landed because I saw the damage flytext coming off of them.

Hutt Ball reset hack...

Tied Game... holding ball (tossed to me in the last 30 seconds of the game)....

I'm at full health and being supported by entire team...

last 5 seconds it says I threw the ball...

Since all I was hitting were my defensive cool downs... 8 thru = there is no way I hit 1(my throw huttball key) and then targeted the ground especially since I couldn't see a clear spot to throw to being surrounded by both teams

What class are you? since you were guarding the ball duing the last few seconds of a tied game I'm going to assume shadow/assassin. If you hit all your Def CD's as you say perhaps you hit stealth? that will reset the ball instantly.

I PvP a lot and lately I have not been able to get into a single game without there being hacks running rampant.

(not just my opponents but some pugs I get grouped with also)

I put in an average of 6 tickets per day about hacking but nothing seems to change.

What is being done to stop the hacking.

I'm not some "butt hurt noob" that gets bent when they lose.

Hacking is running rampant, and ruining PvP.

PS: If you are not a Bio Ware employee.. then I don't really care to see you post l2p or any other lame response.

I feel your pain friend i sent in a couple tickets myself. after which i was contacted by BW CS Agent. so i explained what i was experiencing and he asked me if i thought these peaple were using hacks. To be honest i'm still not very sure if there were hacks being used against my teams but somethings he told me to look out for was If someone is ether (Running faster then anyone else on the map/dealing way more damage then they should/spam healing at a higher rate then anyone else/tanking a Full group without dying) And if you were to ask if i saw or noticed any of these items i'd have to say yes. in total the last week of WZ have not been normal. So (unoffically) i was encoraged to come up with a list of names so that could help out better.

Edited by jediharrsion

Do you have an examples of what kind of hacks?

It seems since bioware upgraded thier detection software, I haven't seen any obvious cheats i.e. the speed hack, so I'm just curious what observations you've made?

-not implying dishonesty, I'm just curious

Quoted for truth. I haven't seen any hacks since 1.2 and I've been very pleased with that. What hacks are you seeing?

After reading further I see you're talking about a CC immunity 'hack' which I've always attributed as a bugged resolve bar. Bioware should make a visual distinction with the resolve bar if the person is immune (turn it red or blue or green or something) so that it stands out and we could tell the people who were cheating from bugs with the game.

Edited by dcgregorya

Yea, lately I have been seeing more people cheating. It wasn't that bad a couple of months ago but now I see, in every hutball, one or two people using a speed hack. They have the ball and you see them running from center to goal line at the same speed as everyone else running with him. Sorry, but force speed doesn't last that long and last time I checked, non force users didn't even have force speed. I don't play those classes so don't quote me on it but I'm sure they don't have it. Either way, for them to run from center, around and up and all the way to goal line at normal speed like everyone else...it's cheating. If you go to youtube and do a search you'll even see video of people cheating after 1.2 with the speedhack.

Last night I had one guy that I had down to like 10% health and all of a sudden he poped up to 100 percent health, and no, the warzone wasn't finished yet. That was the first time I experienced that cheat.

I read alot about reporting hackers that are on enemy teams, but I never see anyone say they reported someone on their own team. Does anyone do this or are only enemy players getting reported? I must be bad at spotting these hackers as I hardly ever notice these hacks. Only hack I've ever witnessed is the speed hack and that was before 1.2. So what I want to know is whats REALLY going on?

I have seen the anti - CC hack as has a guildmate. He kept trying to CC this level 36 Guardian and nothing would happen. And he noticed that his Resolve Bar would never budge.

In Hutt Ball I have seen the lag hack / speed boost hack.

I read alot about reporting hackers that are on enemy teams, but I never see anyone say they reported someone on their own team. Does anyone do this or are only enemy players getting reported? I must be bad at spotting these hackers as I hardly ever notice these hacks. Only hack I've ever witnessed is the speed hack and that was before 1.2. So what I want to know is whats REALLY going on?

You typically will see the hacks on enemies faster or more readily than your own team since you don't often concentrate on them. Like in Call of Duty, when the opposing team says so and so is a wall hacker, you won't know till you follow them and them shoot someone coming around a corner with no UAV up nor them having made a shot to give them away.

Quoted for truth. I haven't seen any hacks since 1.2 and I've been very pleased with that. What hacks are you seeing?

After reading further I see you're talking about a CC immunity 'hack' which I've always attributed as a bugged resolve bar. Bioware should make a visual distinction with the resolve bar if the person is immune (turn it red or blue or green or something) so that it stands out and we could tell the people who were cheating from bugs with the game.

You're absolutely right. I'm not sure if it's a hack, exploit, cheat, or a bugged resolve bar. All I'm certain of is they didn't show to have any resolve built up and my stun did nothing to them.

Most people on the forums will be in denial that people can hack. They refuse to believe it is so easy to cheat and wont accept that maybe even their guildies and friends are potentially hacking. It's one reason why a lot of hacks run rampart because people refuse to acknowledge they exist and blame people that see them for being incompetent or butt hurt.

But no, hacks do exist, like it or not. Speed hacks, Anti CC hacks, stealth level hacks, I think there is even a % based damage resistance hack I saw when searching google. These hacks exist, and the quicker people accept that and start reporting people instead of outright denying it, the quicker those people will be banned and the exploits the hacks take advantage of, patched.

I would like to add that running with the huttball is bugged. It seems to allow you to run normally until in combat. Atleast that what I have noticed while carrying the ball.

• 11 months later...
The only guilds i've seen do any form of Hacking is Ascension Strikes Back (Republic), Grim Determination (Imperial; SIde note i'm suprised to see one of their members trying to defend themselves when they know their guild is using hacks but not doing anything about it), and Notorious. I have seen Grim win a Voidstar match on the first round. I haven't done Voidstar much, but I do know ou have to go through two rounds to determine a winner. I could be wrong, but with a full team, wouldn't that seem alittle funny? Also, I have seen three of their members in a huttball match go stealth (side note, two of those three weren't stealth users) and then five seconds after stealthing coming out 10 meters infront of me fully healed. Now, if anyone has a Shadow or in this case an assassin, can you stealth more then one person and heal yourself while stealthed? These hacking trips have to stop, mostly due to the fact that Grim and Notorious are stealing the fun out of Warzones...that is if they are indeed hacking.

Hack/Cheat accusations without proof/evidence beyond reasonable doubt, is worthless. Not only is it worthless, but also it harms the community by propagating vicious, baseless rumors.

It also poisons the new players by influencing them into a bias in which they would make a habit out of blindly suspecting/blaming something that is very unlikely -- if ever -- to happen at all... instead of introspecting their own shortcomings, mistakes, lack of effort and etc etc..

The only guilds i've seen do any form of Hacking is Ascension Strikes Back (Republic), Grim Determination (Imperial; SIde note i'm suprised to see one of their members trying to defend themselves when they know their guild is using hacks but not doing anything about it), and Notorious. I have seen Grim win a Voidstar match on the first round. I haven't done Voidstar much, but I do know ou have to go through two rounds to determine a winner. I could be wrong, but with a full team, wouldn't that seem alittle funny? Also, I have seen three of their members in a huttball match go stealth (side note, two of those three weren't stealth users) and then five seconds after stealthing coming out 10 meters infront of me fully healed. Now, if anyone has a Shadow or in this case an assassin, can you stealth more then one person and heal yourself while stealthed? These hacking trips have to stop, mostly due to the fact that Grim and Notorious are stealing the fun out of Warzones...that is if they are indeed hacking.

Regarding the stealth issue, there are abilities (such as infiltrate) that allow you to cloak other players even if they're non-stealthers. As far as I'm aware there is no penalty to healing so they may well have been healed via a healer or pickup.

Yea, lately I have been seeing more people cheating. It wasn't that bad a couple of months ago but now I see, in every hutball, one or two people using a speed hack. They have the ball and you see them running from center to goal line at the same speed as everyone else running with him. Sorry, but force speed doesn't last that long and last time I checked, non force users didn't even have force speed. I don't play those classes so don't quote me on it but I'm sure they don't have it. Either way, for them to run from center, around and up and all the way to goal line at normal speed like everyone else...it's cheating. If you go to youtube and do a search you'll even see video of people cheating after 1.2 with the speedhack..

This is a bug that has happened to my buddy before - we were both like "What's with the runspeed???"

He nabbed the ball as he ran past the center ball holder and never stopped running - boom, never slowed down. "Out of Combat" Sprinted the entire way to the goal line. Then again, the other team was so bad that they didn't even try attacking him to put him into combat...

Edited by Uber_the_Goober