Endurance Loaded DPS

Lord_Allen

some people say at 50 for OPs and other stuff, as dps you want your main stat WAY over your endurance, for example 2100 strength and ~1800 endurance, and if you have more endurance than your main stat you wont do as good.. for example if you buy all Eliminator gear for the DPS Merc your endurance is over AIM by 200-300, is that really going to be a major difference??

imo.. i would want a team for HMEC+ to have over 20k health(healers/tanks/dps) just because everybody will get hit in fights... its just gonna happen. and it helps the healers if your able to take a few hits for them to get to you for heals..

what's your guys opinions??

I'm not an expert on this, but my guess is that it's better to focus on getting your primary stat. I think they want you to avoid looking for endurance gear. I think as long as you're not picking Endurance over your primary stat you're good.

Most of the dmg should go to the tanks so the rest of the group should focus on their main stat.

example 1st boss in EV when he does the missle attacks..sucks when your dps gets hit with 3 of them and their health are at 20% and two healers are suppose to heal 4 ppl with 20% and a tank with 60%... its difficult, would be nice if you could take a few hits so the healer can get to you

the problem is if you stack your end that high, you dps will suffer, making it much harder to defeat bosses before they enrage.

if your main stat and endurance is close to equal im sure if they do enrage you'll be able to down a boss very shortly after

Edited by Lord_Allen

Only an ignorant person would stack endurance as a dps.

If you have the appropriate quality level (e.g. 56, 58, 61, 63) gear for the content you are running, you will have more than enough endurance. And this includes min / maxing gear at a given quality level as a dps such as getting rid off all the annoying Force Wielder, Commando, Patron, and Guardian armoring mods that plague set gear.

If a group with the appropriate level of gear is having problems with people dying or wiping, extra endurance isn't going to solve their problems.

Edited by DawnAskham

The main function of a DPS in a Trinity Stats based game is to do the damage that takes the enemies down. Therefore, the main stat of a DPS should be the main focus. Tanks primarily are the ones who are supposed to maintain the focus of the enemies, and therefore take the most damage, but even so, all DPS classes have utility skills that mitigate damage taken or restore health. These are what should be relied upon as the backup to the group's healer (as well as stims and medpacs). In the leveling game, it doesn't make that much difference, but in the end game, it can make all the difference.

BJ

is that w/o modding your gear out???

That is with modding your gear, min-maxing for maximum DPS

What this means in reality is swopping all armourings, mods and enhancements for the low endurance version because that way you maximise your offensive stats and thus maximise DPS.

I reckon min-maxed + augmented rakata = 19k hp

min-maxed + augmented black hole = 20k hp

min-maxed + augmented dread guard = 21k hp.

If you don't min-max then you'll end up a lot higher on HP, for example one commando healer in guild was feeling lazy and ended up at 23k hp for a few weeks, but then he min-maxed and has brought it down to 21k.

The more important question is, why did the developers even create gear that has higher endurance for dps classes.

Basically, no medium armors should have higher endurance than the main stat, since medium armor wearers are either dps or heals (operative/scoundrel). There is no reason whatsoever to have Patron Armorings or Guardian Armorings in medium armor. Not to mention the defense I've seen on some pieces of medium gear.

The main function of a DPS in a Trinity Stats based game is to do the damage that takes the enemies down. Therefore, the main stat of a DPS should be the main focus. Tanks primarily are the ones who are supposed to maintain the focus of the enemies, and therefore take the most damage, but even so, all DPS classes have utility skills that mitigate damage taken or restore health. These are what should be relied upon as the backup to the group's healer (as well as stims and medpacs). In the leveling game, it doesn't make that much difference, but in the end game, it can make all the difference.

BJ

i heard mara/sent...merc/com they dont have much of a dmg mitigation abilities, example..mara have saber ward that has a 3min cd thats just one ability tho, i dont have a mara this is just what ive heard

The more important question is, why did the developers even create gear that has higher endurance for dps classes.

Basically, no medium armors should have higher endurance than the main stat, since medium armor wearers are either dps or heals (operative/scoundrel). There is no reason whatsoever to have Patron Armorings or Guardian Armorings in medium armor. Not to mention the defense I've seen on some pieces of medium gear.

thats the point i dont understand

I believe the devs have stated (no I don't have a link) that they want you to work for your gear so they purposefully made the stats non optimal. also gives the crafters some value since they can make the mods with the best stats so you can go that route instead of buying extra gear to rip out and transfer mods.

DPS maximise their DPS. End of story.

You stack main stat until a certain point and then you stack power. (with accuracy at 110%, crit at 30% and surge at 75%) I main Marauder.

Endurance is negligible because in the critical points of the real ops its your dps that matters and there is no room for error.

If you're soaking DD on EC tanks and you pull aggro afterwards you could have 50k hp you're still getting one shot. There's 0 benefit to extra hp in a lot of those situations. Furthermore you NEED the max dps to beat the tighter enrage timers. There's a reason there are gear checks before these runs start.

The environmental damage you are forced to take is easily handled by healers. The environmental damage you are NOT forced to take as dps is your job to dodge. (Don't stand in the fire...etc)

Result is a lot of gear needs a lot of min/maxing to be efficient. (for Marauder anyways) Campaign Weaponmaster's Leggings is just about the most useless piece of gear you will ever find. (its literally useless as you will replace all 3 mods that are in it, DO NOT BUY)

Edit: Oh and Mara's have a dmg reduction cast, the saber ward you mentioned (which is the worst of the bunch) and an aggro dump that also gives you speed and dmg reduction. And the SUPERMAN MODE where you pop undying rage (-99% dmg for a few seconds but costs 50% life,) + medpac combo for when you get low. Pretty damn survivable.

Edited by JakeAlmighty