Snipers and Operatives need to be nerfed, here's why.

MasonMc

No, you don't.

Everything in your QQ post boils down to, "OMG I CAN'T KILL IT, GIEF NUFF NAOW!!111"

You have also received ample advice in this thread, and can easily find much more throughout the forums, on how to beat us ("Us" in my case being Snipingers, as the Scouperative play-style doesn't really suit me. I don't know why you keep putting the two ACs together, they are played and designed completely differently, intended for completely different purposes.), yet you seem to be ignoring it completely. We are very beatable, but we're a thinking-person's class, and require a thinker's approach to put us down.

Sent/Mara is not. I'm sorry, but it just isn't even close. (<---And that is, and has always been, the real "problem" here, I strongly suspect.)

That tells me everything I need to know. Nothing to see here that I don't see in umpty-dozen-and-eight other useless waste-of-bandwdth kiddie-QQ threads.

Not always about Snipingers, funnily enough, but ultimately always the bloody same.

Oh, and before you accuse someone else of being high on themselves, try re-reading your last post, like, first.

Or does the English term "sanctimonious hypocrisy" have no American translation?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP dont worry about it. Ppl go here to get their daily drama fix mission. No matter what u say now they will show u the big *** refrigirator or whatever the hell they are carrying around.

As far as Im concerned Sniper burst is a problem. Having the CC ability AND burst is a bit much. Or roots need to count towards resolve

Ops though. They actually need a buff or a couple

Edited by Beeteel

you dont.

why do you use your stun breaker on the first stun?

and you are talking about operatives. a sniper would not stun and capture, he would kill you and capture :-)

really its a l2p issue!

an operative is far from OP

hey guys! i was defnding a node, a shadow sapped me out of combat, I break the CC and he lifted me so he capped my node!!!! 8s OF CC !!OP!!!!!

OP dont worry about it. Ppl go here to get their daily drama fix mission. No matter what u say now they will show u the big *** refrigirator or whatever the hell they are carrying around.

As far as Im concerned Sniper burst is a problem. Having the CC ability AND burst is a bit much. Or roots need to count towards resolve

Ops though. They actually need a buff or a couple

Totally agree with everything you just said. Operatives do actually pretty low damage. I wouldn't mind if they got a buff in DPS. It's just the stuns that I think are unfair and annoying.

hey guys! i was defnding a node, a shadow sapped me out of combat, I break the CC and he lifted me so he capped my node!!!! 8s OF CC !!OP!!!!!

If by "Lifted" you mean force lift, than no, that has an activation time. Easy to counter. It's not this instant area, 8 second mezz that the Operative has.

No, you don't.

Everything in your QQ post boils down to, "OMG I CAN'T KILL IT, GIEF NUFF NAOW!!111"

You have also received ample advice in this thread, and can easily find much more throughout the forums, on how to beat us ("Us" in my case being Snipingers, as the Scouperative play-style doesn't really suit me. I don't know why you keep putting the two ACs together, they are played and designed completely differently, intended for completely different purposes.), yet you seem to be ignoring it completely. We are very beatable, but we're a thinking-person's class, and require a thinker's approach to put us down.

Sent/Mara is not. I'm sorry, but it just isn't even close. (<---And that is, and has always been, the real "problem" here, I strongly suspect.)

That tells me everything I need to know. Nothing to see here that I don't see in umpty-dozen-and-eight other useless waste-of-bandwdth kiddie-QQ threads.

Not always about Snipingers, funnily enough, but ultimately always the bloody same.

Oh, and before you accuse someone else of being high on themselves, try re-reading your last post, like, first.

Or does the English term "sanctimonious hypocrisy" have no American translation?

Did you not see what I said? I said I CAN kill them. Also, I'm not asking for a buff. And who said I'm not taking the advice? You assume a lot dude. And tell me... From everything I've said, what makes you think I'm a "kiddie". My grammar and spelling are all fine. And what you said here "OMG I CAN'T KILL IT, GIEF NUFF NAOW" is totally false.

...And what post are you referring to? When you're saying I need to re-read my last post?

Did you not see what I said? I said I CAN kill them. Also, I'm not asking for a buff. And who said I'm not taking the advice? You assume a lot dude. And tell me... From everything I've said, what makes you think I'm a "kiddie". My grammar and spelling are all fine. And what you said here "OMG I CAN'T KILL IT, GIEF NUFF NAOW" is totally false.

...And what post are you referring to? When you're saying I need to re-read my last post?

Post #25.

And I never criticised your spelling and/or grammar (I'll re-read though, just to make sure).

The substance and intent however, and the mindset that informs same, is /facepalm-inducingly obvious, just like almost every other "[class I don't like] IS ZOMGOP, NUFF PLZ!!!11" post in every MMO forum in existence.

Post #25.

And I never criticised your spelling and/or grammar (I'll re-read though, just to make sure).

The substance and intent however, and the mindset that informs same, is /facepalm-inducingly obvious, just like almost every other "[class I don't like] IS ZOMGOP, NUFF PLZ!!!11" post in every MMO forum in existence.

And I never said you criticized my grammar. I'm just saying I've done nothing for you to call me a "kiddie". And I see nothing wrong with "Post #25" I'm not being a hypocrite.

Yeah I know, sorry Slingers and Scoundrels. But guys come on... This class is so OP. Okay, I play as a Sentinel right now. And the amount of stuns this class has insane. So myself and another guy were playing Hypergate, this Operative stuns me once, okay, cool I can deal with that. So I pop resolute. Then he throws down a flashbang or whatever the F it is. Stuns both the Sage and I that were guarding the pylon, and is able to cap it while we're still stunned... That is crazy.

No, that's a case of you not knowing how to guard a node. You NEVER stand close enough together for an AoE to hit both of you. Ever. In fact, it's preferable if one of you hides so people think it's being guarded by one person.

Yeah I know, sorry Slingers and Scoundrels. But guys come on... This class is so OP. Okay, I play as a Sentinel right now. And the amount of stuns this class has insane. So myself and another guy were playing Hypergate, this Operative stuns me once, okay, cool I can deal with that. So I pop resolute. Then he throws down a flashbang or whatever the F it is. Stuns both the Sage and I that were guarding the pylon, and is able to cap it while we're still stunned... That is crazy.

Then the same match, I was running away from the pylon because it was about to reset, this jerk stuns me once, I pop resolute, and he stuns me again right after... There was nothing I could do and the pylon killed me.. Like what BS is that? What? He just gets a free cheap kill? How unfair.

And Snipers... Oh don't even get me started with them. Okay so basic, you run up to them (Save the force leap for later because they'll knock you back) They knock you back, as expected. Can't move for like 6 seconds, by that point they've shot me once and 1/3 of my health is gone, okay cool. Then I force leap them. They stun me for like another 6 seconds. So I pop resolute. And he slows my movement speed down again and it takes me another 5 seconds to reach him by walking. And by that point I'm already dead... And that is how EVERY battle goes with them. And they can be immune to all stuns and interrupts for 20 seconds.. Like come on..

Like come on guys.. this is so unfair, please tell me at least someone agrees with me :C This is pissing me off.

Oh and please don't just say I'm bad at PvP, I'm fairly good. Got a 55 Vanguard with 54 Valor..

Honestly, you will learn how to counter or avoid your counter class. It just requires more awareness.

You want to be able to just jump into a melee and somehow not be a target for snipers? Stop blowing your cc break learn when to use defensive cd when your rooted etc.

But yeah generally expect to get obliterated as a Mara if it take a long run at a sniper. Come up more tangentially and prepare to eat 1 big skill and just slaughter them when your back in range.

So yeah it is a l2p issue. No offense.

Counter classes can be more painful than watching a Hutt skinny dip.

As far as operatives dual stunning you, don't pop your resolute until your resolve is full. And don't worry about getting flash banged, if PVP'ers are nearly as bad on your server as they can be on mine, as soon as you get flash banged 3 guys will throw AOEs and instantly knock you out of the mez.

I don't run straight up to them, lets say if they're guarding an objective. Or something like that. And yeah, I know Valor doesn't measure skill. I'm just saying I have enough experience to know what I'm talking about.

Sounds like you've got no clue. I've met plenty of high rank people in WAR, SWTOR, DAOC that knew diddly squat. Every class has a weakness.

I agree with most of the posters here, in that is a combination of l2p and your class going up against its direct counter in the sniper. I find it kind of comical that a mara is asking for other classes to be nerfed, when it has consistently been one of the most OP classes with approximately one billion defensive cooldowns and abilities - obfuscate, force choke, intimidating roar, cloak of pain, saber ward, and the amazing undying rage.

If you're using your CC break on short stuns, knowing that flashbang is still up, you're doing it wrong. Even with flashbang, unless there is another person capping while you are banged, it only lasts 8 seconds and there is always a little time right after the bang before they can channel on the node. Barring lag, you will always have a chance to interrupt the cap (dual saber throw, force leap, vicious throw, etc.) before they can complete.

Then he throws down a flashbang or whatever the F it is. Stuns both the Sage and I that were guarding the pylon, and is able to cap it while we're still stunned... That is crazy.

It's completely your fault that you two decided to stand next to each other so you can be mezzed with one flashbang. Back before 2.0, I once managed to ninja pylon from 2 guards for this very reason: they were standing next to each other and next to the pylon.

Operative stuns me once, okay, cool I can deal with that. So I pop resolute. Then he throws down a flashbang or whatever the F it is. Stuns both the Sage and I that were guarding the pylon, and is able to cap it while we're still stunned

this jerk stuns me once, I pop resolute, and he stuns me again right after... There was nothing I could do and the pylon killed me

They wait for you to pop the stunbreaker. They do it on purpose. You're hit with a weenie stun at first and if you pop the stunbreaker, they hit you with a bigger one then go to town on you. You got played, stop whining about it, learn and move on.

You assassin even have mezz on a 14 s CD and 4s hard stun with 10 range and can shroud lift (so you basically cant interupt them) you. But if it was an assassin he would probably have stunlocked you to death anyway, with their massive burst, instead of going for the ninja.

In all fairness operatives have excellent CC, but without it the broken dps specs (in pvp) would be even more useless than they currently are, but yeah that only really become apparently at level 55 when the crit nerf comes to full glory.

And to repeat the already given hint, be careful with the breaker. only use it if it is absolutely necessary. If you are note guarding as a sentinel (and i sometimes have to too) use the zap to call the incoming and see what is happening. If he tries to cap, check how much time he does have to complete, only break if the stun doesnt wear off before that (chances are that there is another stealther, but in that situation it probably lost anyway). sometimes they dont start capping... this is brilliant because they will stun you again after the first one wears off... dont break that one as well (as long as they arent capping)... i have seen people trying this a third time NOW you are full resolve he has to attack and cant stun you anymore, awe and hopefully some of your team arrive and sorted.

So again :

1) call

2) see what happens, only break if the stun doesnt wear off before he can complete capping

3) laugh at how bad some ninjas are at doing their job.

4) try to avoid not guarding on a sentinel :p, let a scoundrel do it

Snipers are THE anti-melee class in the game. Deal with it.

You meet a derp sniper(gunsligner) you can outdps them anyday.

You want to screw a sniper up? Ask a Madness Sorc (or Repub mirror) to land some dots on them, they don't like it.

When you can't LOS a sniper he is a living nightmare. This is difficult for melee without stealth. I don't know on which level the OPs sent is, but it definitely gets better once you get Force Camo, but still snipers are your antidode and i hate them with passion when i play my sent. And yeah Madness i got against them, but only the the environment allows it. Lethality on the operative works okishly well as well.

Wait a sec.

A Marauder can clearly deal with a sniper.

One need to know when the defensive CDs should be used. (and I mean all the defensive CDs including Obfuscate and Cloak of Pain which are hardly ever used by the many badies playing that class)

as a full healer Opertive i dont see how OP i am :D

most player all come after me :eek: maby am to cute looking :p

so i dont think Opertive is that OP

in my few what i see in pvp is that SORC and CON are way more op then sniper and Opertive

I have a healer Operative and they are OP without a doubt. I only got to level 44 but I didn't feel the desire to level a class that is pretty much a one trick pony, with a fluffy dot spec and a ninja spec with mediocre DMG.

I think the Sniper could use a some fiddling around though. It has the DMG, CC, and Immunity. The only trade off is its a static class. Someone said the sniper is a thinking mans class, and it takes a thinking man to counter it. The latter is true, but the former seems like a load of bull. Considering you cant be interrupted without someone using their CC, and your energy management is a breeze the only thing you have to worry about is rotation. How much thinking does it take to vulture around the battle and pick people off ?

Healing Op 44 - Sar'en

ST Vanguard 55 - Mal'akhi

Arse Merc 55 - Ty'sin

Classic Pub blaming the Imperials for their bad playing. Not my fault you can't stop a couple stuns off a class. My main is a Sniper and I enjoy killing silly little Sentinels like you. I also ate a Vanguard for breakfast today. Your points are invalid and should feel invalid.

If we are on the same server I hope I kill you in a firey explosion. And I hope your Valor gets reset when so, you wouldent have 20 valor if it was based on skill.

simple solution to all QQ PvP problems that will not affect PvE much:

give every class a "Hydraulic Overrides" ability that Bounty hunters have, problem solved without F'ing up PvE. If every class gets this, there wll be no reason to whine about CC ever again. This is also why you don't see Bounty Hunters and Troopers whining about CC.

Edit: this might also be why you don't have any problems on your vanguard :)

I think the Sniper could use a some fiddling around though. It has the DMG, CC, and Immunity. The only trade off is its a static class. Someone said the sniper is a thinking mans class, and it takes a thinking man to counter it. The latter is true, but the former seems like a load of bull. Considering you cant be interrupted without someone using their CC, and your energy management is a breeze the only thing you have to worry about is rotation. How much thinking does it take to vulture around the battle and pick people off ?

it really depends on your spec. Engineering/Sabotage spec has no energy problems, but doesn't pack the same punch as Marksman/sharpshooter does. It requires little skill as well. That said, I like it. Lethality however, reguires skill to play, since energy management becomes a problem, unless you know how to play. Can't jugde MM/SS atm. its been a long time since I played it. So don't paint all Snipers/GS with the same brush, its not fair

Edited by Fallerup