Do Empire classes perform better than their Republic mirrors?

Lium

I don't know if this is a skill issue or not, but it seems that imp classes perform at a much higher level than their pub counterparts. This is purely anecdotal of course, and I don't have any hard data to back it up. But running a variety of flashpoints and warzones on both my Republic and Empire characters, I definitely notice a difference.

In warzones it's not even close. My main is a level 50 sentinel and does nothing but PvP for her endgame since I'm not in a serious raiding guild, and I prefer PvP anyway. It's taking me forever to gear up because pubs on my server are really bad. We lose far more often than we win. Part of the problem is me. Because I take my 14k HP sentinel wearing a mix of Recruit and BM gear into these warzones and go up against WH geared imps. I do what I can but at the end of the day, I just don't have the gear.

And part of the reason I don't have the gear is because, like I said, it takes longer to acquire pieces because we lose all the time.

PvE is similar. In the HM flashpoints I've run, we've cleared the content, but it often takes longer and there's usually a few more wipes than when I'm on my imp alts.

Meanwhile, I hop on my marauder with worse gear, and suddenly I'm a killing machine. In warzones, Smash seems to hit a lot harder than Force Sweep. I'm getting all these killing blows and medals AND I'M NOT THAT GOOD AT PVP. Same thing with flashpoints. Suddenly, a guy that doesn't like to PvE is suddenly leet? Off in the corner soloing elites - basically off tanking - while the main tank holds down the other mobs? I'd be dead in three hits on my sent. But on my mara I'm like, "Challenge accepted."

What gives? Is this a known issue or is it just psychological? Do I just play better when I play empire?

I don't know if this is a skill issue or not, but it seems that imp classes perform at a much higher level than their pub counterparts. This is purely anecdotal of course, and I don't have any hard data to back it up.

I got that far, and just decided to leave this reply. I can already assume what the whole post is going to be about, and you're not the first to claim such. At least the others had conviction, even if it was misplaced.

If it's purely anecdotal, then of course the rest of the post is irrelevant.

Edited by monkgryphon

You could make an argument they do as a couple of the classes have better / more reactive animations on the Imperial side than on the republic side (Cons Vs Inquis; Smug vs Agent come to mind). It is why they had to redo a lot of the animations (Consular's Project most notably).

But supposedly that is all fixed now, so at this stage of the game who knows!

It's absolutely true.

Vette will attest that the Sith Warrior is a god in the bedroom. Kira Carsen informs us that she has been sorely disappointed by the Jedi Knight in comparison.

Oh, do you not mean that kind of performance?

Edited by Guancyto

It's absolutely true.

Vette will attest that the Sith Warrior is a god in the bedroom. Kira Carsen informs us that she has been sorely disappointed by the Jedi Knight in comparison.

Oh, do you not mean that kind of performance?

That's not really a reliable source cause she has a shock collar. I'm sure if you had a lightsaber at Kira's throat and asked again, the answer would be quite different.

That's not really a reliable source cause she has a shock collar. I'm sure if you had a lightsaber at Kira's throat and asked again, the answer would be quite different.

Maybe Vette secretly likes the shock collar hmmm? For someone who doesn't like it she sure does enough to get herself a little shock. :D

There were some animation delays on the republic side early on, but that was corrected.

In most cases the PvP community, the ones who really like to PvP from casual to hardcore are going to be more imperial focused. It's a theme you see throughout most MMOs, the bulk of the talent will be on the "bad guy", "evil", "dark", etc, etc side of the fence.

Not saying all pubs are baddies or anything, lot of talent there too, but you will find a lot more of PvE and RP focused players on the republic side. Even on PvE/RP servers, the PvP will be slanted to the imps and the PvE to the reps.

That's because only the most sexually frustrated, elite shut-ins among us are dedicated imp rollers that release all that pent up energy; they live out fantasies of unlimited power and smashing the good guys that always get the girl in the face with their big lightsabers. The phenomena actually speaks volumes about our server populations.

So next time some big bad marauders come leaping at you with the fury of a thousand lonely nights, remember these words and it may help you through your struggle.

Off in the corner soloing elites - basically off tanking - while the main tank holds down the other mobs?

This might be the reason you die in FP. Lots of healers do NOT heal dps wannabe tanks. Never go for the big elite fist in a FP. ALWAYS start with the low hp mobs and move to medium hp mobs and kill high hp mobs last. If you should be offtanking anything it should only be lowhp mobs that die fast.

PvP i´ve got no idea, but in PvE i haven´t noticed any difference. Exept for some odd reason the imp comunity seems just a tiny bit more friendly. Maybe that´s just due to total randomness of it all, but when people ask newbie questions in general chat, imp side seems to be to have less rude answers.

For those who were not here at launch or several months after... the classes were NOT identical.

A number of abilities were slightly different between counterparts that gave the sith an advantage.

Things like cool down for the sleep with IA was like 30 seconds. For Smuggler 90 seconds.

There were quite a few other advantages probably about 7 months after launch.

But I will say most of everything looks mirrored (still not sure of PT and Vanguard yet). So they did well in that aspect.

As a whole for whatever reason, pubbers seem to do better in arena with Sith, than republic.