On Fatman, the game IS fun.

Angedechu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at imperial fleet ussually we had 80-100 ppl now is at weekends maximum 30 - 40. 1 mont ago the server was ok but in 1 month its just completely died i stoped playng too, why i have to wait ages in queue i paid money to play the game not for wait!!!

Fat man is hella fun and the trolling in general chat is actually funny. Try rolling a toon there. You will have zero problem running content in a group.

no thx my guildmates and me going to play Diablo 3. The actual reason was ppl didnt ike 1.2 and because Gw coming soon and D3, some back to Wow i made decision im going back to D3 like i played D2 old times. Ye its hard to leave im high valor 84 i was hardcore pvp but nothing what i can do and i borred of SWTOR promises, enough for me.

Wow's popular server proudmoore had 45 toons in SW when I was playing it 2 weeks ago at peak times and there were about 6 to 10 toons in Org. People aren't playing that game and if they are they are trolling most of the time. You run LFR and kids are pulling bosses at the start and wiping the whole raid.

I think I'll stick with the grown ups in TOR :)

Algaaa I wish your toons were on a server with mine. Try to hang in there and get a transfer to fatman. Trust me you will never have a problem with population again if you are on that server.

Maybe you can play a F2P until you can get transferred. Hugs and hang in there!

Wow's popular server proudmoore had 45 toons in SW when I was playing it 2 weeks ago at peak times and there were about 6 to 10 toons in Org. People aren't playing that game and if they are they are trolling most of the time. You run LFR and kids are pulling bosses at the start and wiping the whole raid.

i dont care what going on in wow i know only fact this month wow had 10.3 million players. The fatman server wont be died same like server in top 10 list but the rest other many servers will be shuted down i can give 100%. They would not keep server at 70 ppl in both sides they will offer to move players. at februrary they had peak 1.7 million players now its dropped until 1.2 and still going down this is fact.

it starts to look good when they offered a free week for everyone who had unsubscribed and offered them gifts for coming back, plus the free 30 day promotion which stacked on top of that. Exactly by EA's plan design. Skewed charts are skewed

My WoW server had 42 priest's alone in SW last time I checked a few days ago. Stormrage. Another one some have tried to spread the false rumor is dying..:p I can get into a 5 man heroic run in like 10 - 15 mins and a Looking for Raid in 15 - 20 mins. As dps. Yes...sometimes you do get bad groups, but usually my runs have been very smooth. ;)

Edited by Valkirus

it starts to look good when they offered a free week for everyone who had unsubscribed and offered them gifts for coming back, plus the free 30 day promotion which stacked on top of that. Exactly by EA's plan design. Skewed charts are skewed

Exacly, they would not offer 30 day extra and free trial reason why they did - players is going out from this game.

There is a limit to lying here. I know Proudmoore rep, and I bothered to go check at once. There was at the very least 490 people on it (I ''whoed'' each class), on a sunday morning at 9:15....

My position on TOR have not changed since december. I want the game to success. But for the love of God, stop trolling the paragon of success in the MMO business.

Edited by Angedechu

1 million players would be an extremely healthy population base, more than twice the required amount. It would not be a failure by any stretch of imagination.

1 problem is they paid 200 Millions for the game and over 600 ppl was working on this project. If you count 1.7 millions and multiplay in average they earned about 80 millions (average). It means they still loosing money and its not worth for them so i cant promise good future for the SWTOR

1 million players would be an extremely healthy population base, more than twice the required amount. It would not be a failure by any stretch of imagination.

One million gives a profit that is 'nothing to write home about' , so you can infer that they need well over 1m for it to be long term viable.

So, some people are saying the game has around 1.7 million subs, but let's be dreadful and say the game only has 600k. Do you understand that it would be technically impossible to run a server with 100k people on it?

Imagine primetime. Fleet with 6k people. That would be just awesome right? 3 FPS YAY!

When server transfers come they'll work like this: Low pop server toons can move to mid pop server X, Y, or Z.

The game is already using sharding. Sharding is THE perfect solution to split server loads. I mean, who really cares if there is Tatooine 1-10 as long as you can group crossshards. Only problem which I MIGHT see is chatserver spam.

But yeah, one single server might be a bit too much. But 2-5 for each region (and language) and servertype should be enough. But the ~200 (iirc) is just way too much.

consider name changes.. i know i have used the same name on more than one server...who is forced to change their name if they are merged to the same server?

it seems no one considers the logistical nightmare that that would cause. its not fair to ask either person to change the name of the character, and it is definitly impossible for them both to be in game on same server.

Add character ids (like Starcraft 2). You're no longer Luke but Luke.1484

Ingame (UI, nameplates chat, ....) all you can see is Luke, but when you add a friend you dont only need the name but also the character id.

So your friends will type /friend Luke.1484 (adding friends over the UI with mouse commands stays the same).

Apply the same thing to legacy names. And you fix the problem that characters from different accounts want to have the same legacy name at the same time.

Edited by Zocat

then BW should do the right thing...close all the other servers, and make this game a single-sharded universe. Repurpose the closed servers to house the new influx of people on Fatman.

God no! I don't want to be shoehorned into the same zone as 500 other people all trying to do missions and kill the same mob(s). I actually LIKE quiet servers. The films would have been stupid if there were several dozen variations of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia and Lando Calrissian all running around a specific location at the same time and all trying to do the same mission.

Heroes don't like crowds. :)

The magic number is 500k (they said it several time).

Accordingly, 1 million must be acceptable. It won't meant that heads wont roll at EA and Bioware, but 1 million is ''meager success'' instead of ''FFXIV''

I believe it's such a high number (500k) because of the obscene license fees to Lucas. :p

God no! I don't want to be shoehorned into the same zone as 500 other people all trying to do missions and kill the same mob(s). I actually LIKE quiet servers. The films would have been stupid if there were several dozen variations of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia and Lando Calrissian all running around a specific location at the same time and all trying to do the same mission.

Heroes don't like crowds. :)

No zone has 500, Fleet shards at 250+ and planets shard around 100-150.

This is where I find hope for TOR. (I don't play on FATMAN, but a decent middle sized server, I only use this as a comparison).

The game is a blast on my server, which never hits "heavy" or higher. It's "standard" at peak, and "light" off-peak. I don't understand why people re-roll on Fatman to suffer queues, when there are any number of healthy servers to choose below it.

1 problem is they paid 200 Millions for the game and over 600 ppl was working on this project. If you count 1.7 millions and multiplay in average they earned about 80 millions (average). It means they still loosing money and its not worth for them so i cant promise good future for the SWTOR

Your ignoring the initial sales of the $60+ game, which is about 120 million itself.

So in about 4 months time they made back 200 million. By the end of the year they will have made a really nice green profit

The game is a blast on my server, which never hits "heavy" or higher. It's "standard" at peak, and "light" off-peak. I don't understand why people re-roll on Fatman to suffer queues, when there are any number of healthy servers to choose below it.

I re-rolled to Fatman from a server that gets "standard" during peak. Fatman is way better, their are actually people to quest with. Queues happen but they aren't all the time and when their is a queue it usually doens't last long. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to play on a server with lots of people.

Edited by Anti_Bodies