F2P Specific Overhead Icon

Dawginole

I'd like to request a little icon or possibly a specific name color to appear over all the F2P'ers when this model launches so those of us that are actually supporting the game can stay away from them.

that'll go a long way towards keeping the game alive right?

I'd like to request a little icon or possibly a specific name color to appear over all the F2P'ers when this model launches so those of us that are actually supporting the game can stay away from them.

How are people who pay for coins to buy the content instead of subscribing not contributing to the game?

they should get their own side of the fleet, and anything else that can relate to the 60's civil rights movement.

why stop there? America has a very long and glorious history of treating certain groups of ppl equal so im sure BW can copy and paste a few.

Why don't we just burn some numbers into their arm like the Nazi's did to the Jew's. Snob!!!:mad:

Edited by GalaxyStrong

seriously ??? i can understand doing F2P servers similar to say how runescape does it .. but i think even that is a bit to much since i don't see a way for them to implement the ability to server hop every 30 seconds here .. i have a few friends that a quite interested in giving the game a shot and they are good decent people and decent gamers tho their financial limitations keep them from dropping 30-45 bucks a month for their family to play any game

but to brand these new players with a scarlet letter that hurts their experience is going to encourage them to sub or purchase anything in the game how?

In keeping with the spirit of the game, F2P... players should all be forced to roll slaves on the Empire side.

/sarcasm off

What an awful suggestion. I don't care if someone plays the game for free or pays for it. Get off your high horse.

You'll see. When they are all running around with content you payed the dev team to create with your sub money that is limited to the store you won't be happy either. Call me a snob. That was the point. People who have subbed this game for 8 months got their dog kicked yesterday.

This is the worse suggestion ever. If anything, that will loose people. It won't get people to actually sub. If anything, that will drive them away.

Yes people put money in the game, but I don't think we lost anything in this game because of it.

Why not do it the other way round as all this is victimisation to players who don't wish to pay with that attitude.

We're all players, playing the game.

Someone signs on when the game goes F2P...Do you hold it against him? Because he's not like you? Is it right to ostracize him just because he's choosing to have fun his way?

My dog didn't get kicked. A F2P player is no different from anyone else to me.

You know, some people in this world have actual problems that have significant impact on their lives. This...Well, I really can't use the words I want to.

may i suggest a star on their chest maybe ?

it realy is a bad idea to divide players like that, and that´s why f2p players probably will end up with getting more and more acces too. f.x. i dont see why f2p tanks should be locked from lfg if there´s no tanks in the lfg finder.

you might limit acces of dps, but overall i´m sceptical about this f2p model.

You'll see. When they are all running around with content you payed the dev team to create with your sub money that is limited to the store you won't be happy either. Call me a snob. That was the point. People who have subbed this game for 8 months got their dog kicked yesterday.

No i wont see. Ive played games that ive payed for that went f2p and they were cool people and i wasnt "jealous" at all. Also i have no idea what they have paid for a la carte either.

So, basically you want them to wear some kind of yellow badge?

*Sarcasm* And then, if they steal your mobs or do something to make you mad, you can report them and have their character deleted....

In all seriousness though, F2P will help the game. Ostracizing F2P'ers will just encourage them to quit instead of invest in the economy of the game. Think about it.

P.S.: Though I'm also guilty (as I am posting), but we really shouldn't feed trolls. They are like stray cats. Once you feed them once they come back. When you continue to feed them, they grow in numbers.

Edited by Xiij

Why not do it the other way round as all this is victimisation to players who don't wish to pay with that attitude.

That is already taking place without my suggestion. As every subscriber is going to get a unique item. And I would bet we will continue to get unique items. Those without them will obviously be F2P'ers. It's going to be a great way to keep the paying players and the cannibals separate.

No! Just because some is F2P doesn't mean they are going to cause trouble or anyting else. In the last year or so prior to the game being released and then the game being released I have met jerks and nice people. Until you take the time to meet someone quit juding them.

Being a guild leader I would not have a problem with guilding them as long as they abide by the rules of respect and courtesy.

It is actually none of our business who is f2p and who isn't. That is private information and as such should remain private.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Of all the ideas I have heard on all my years on this forum this one is the most asinine one to date. You may not like the f2p option but that in no means we should have something so childish just so you can feel superior to someone.

Last time I checked everyone puts their clothes on the same way and are supposed to be treated the same way.

How dare we judge someone before we even meet them. I have played a games that were not free to play and games that are F2P and guess what people are the same. Some are nice people who I count myself lucky to know and classify as my friends.

Then I have met people that are jerks, who think they are better than anyone else, that I don't' want to know. We have no way of knowing what type of people we are going to meet just becasue they have an option for F2P. So what, that doesn't mean they are going to cause problems.

Though F2P may not be the exact idea I expected I in no means want anything or anyway to separate players. The only way players should be separated are the ones that I will and have placed on ignore for horrible behaviour.

Edited by casi

No. When this game goes F2P most new subscribers are going to probably try F2P first. If everyone is a jerk to F2P players, they won't want to subscribe. In case you didn't know, more subscription numbers is good for the longevity of SWTOR, if not for the frequency and abundance of new content.

That is already taking place without my suggestion. As every subscriber is going to get a unique item. And I would bet we will continue to get unique items. Those without them will obviously be F2P'ers. It's going to be a great way to keep the paying players and the cannibals separate.

and your point ? the said items can easy not be used and it's a fluffy which as others have said it will come on sale in the shop so everyone can buy.

The icon your on about is permanent can't be hidden and that is wrong, for ref. why not check up on history when people have had stuff stamped on them cause they are different, as there is no difference to that than what your asking for ....

You may not know but players get attached to there characters and sometimes it's an extension from themselves how they may see themselves if things in there life were different,there are way to many negatives for this idea.

Edited by Avorniel