PvP gear in PvE

Ive Recently got to 50, and Got the free tionese commendations and recruit pvp armor. The stats on the recruit PvP armor give me more stats then tionese, and im geting so much **** when trying to run hard mode flashpoints, because i keep geting kicked. Am i going to have to use tionese armor that gives me -30 to stats? :(:mad:

Ive Recently got to 50, and Got the free tionese commendations and recruit pvp armor. The stats on the recruit PvP armor give me more stats then tionese, and im geting so much **** when trying to run hard mode flashpoints, because i keep geting kicked. Am i going to have to use tionese armor that gives me -30 to stats? :(:mad:

really recruit gear gives you better stats cause tioonese should have better stats but i have done hm's and SM ops in recruit gear on fresh 50's just fine

I would say it's acceptable for Tier 1, but don't try going in Tier 2 until you have some Columi. It's only gonna bring up the repair bill for you and your team. Check out the hm fps loot list and try doing each until you get the Columi drop from it.

And while we are on the subject - how far would you guys say i can go with fully augmented WH gear in ops (hm, nim ops) ? It's basically elite wh with those augments, but ofc it's a bit less strong in pve than pve gear. I really don't want to bother getting dps pve gear since my main pve role is tank, but i do want to go in as dps once in a while to be able to learn tactics.

I would say it's acceptable for Tier 1, but don't try going in Tier 2 until you have some Columi. It's only gonna bring up the repair bill for you and your team. Check out the hm fps loot list and try doing each until you get the Columi drop from it.

And while we are on the subject - how far would you guys say i can go with fully augmented WH gear in ops (hm, nim ops) ? It's basically elite wh with those augments, but ofc it's a bit less strong in pve than pve gear. I really don't want to bother getting dps pve gear since my main pve role is tank, but i do want to go in as dps once in a while to be able to learn tactics.

probally all the SM ops and maybe HM EC that might be pushing it just a guess idk the stats exactly with WH augmented

hm ev/kp should be fine in WH. Thing is, you loose much dps on PVE situations, so you might want to run parser on a dummy(I mean operation dummy, or pvp dummy*70%) to see where you are.

Lost Island HM in WH should be ok too, it's more about execution and skill then gear, but OP, for your own sake, use tionese for pve, yes, you will have less stats, and yes, I know it's a bit silly, but will save you grief and kicks (plus it gives set bonus, and stat difference is not so high any way). For some reason, peopel are more calm when they see fresh 50 tionese (or L50 mods from dalies) then in recruit pvp gear.

hm ev/kp should be fine in WH. Thing is, you loose much dps on PVE situations, so you might want to run parser on a dummy(I mean operation dummy, or pvp dummy*70%) to see where you are.

1169 dps in 50 sec on a mk-5 operation training dummy

I didnt get many crits in but thats the average mostly. Is that good or bad?

p.s. I'm a sin in deception tree

Edited by ipagex

1169 dps in 50 sec on a mk-5 operation training dummy

I didnt get many crits in but thats the average mostly. Is that good or bad?

p.s. I'm a sin in deception tree

50 sec's isn't a good parse at least 3 min 5 min is better on my sin in coulmi mixed with some 61's and black hole implants/ear with dread master relics + BIS hilt i do about 1500-1600ish sustained dps on the dummy on the ship not 100% sure been awhile since i used the fleet dummy but if i rember right the ship 1 is a better parse cause i did about 100-200 higher on the fleet one than the ship dummy and i think the fleet dummy reprsents T1 ops and ship = T2 but anyways

1169 sounds a bit low even for WH gear but 50 seconds wasn't even a good parse my initial burst is around 2k dps on the dummy. sounds like you are a big timer pvper so you may be using a pvp type of rotation not sure but anyways i'll post what i do

open with discharge assassinate when at 29%> VS x2 > maul with proc/shock with 2 stacks of the buff> use discharge on cooldown whenever it's up and be sure to use black out then force cloak for force regen when you are low hope that helps not trying to tell ya how to play just 1169 seems a bit low even for a 1min parse makes me think you are doing something wrong

Edited by Zaxem

Yep that sounds right

Recruit works for normal HM but if players keep kicking you for it, wear the tionese until you get columni

50 sec's isn't a good parse at least 3 min 5 min is better on my sin in coulmi mixed with some 61's and black hole implants/ear with dread master relics + BIS hilt i do about 1500-1600ish sustained dps on the dummy on the ship not 100% sure been awhile since i used the fleet dummy but if i rember right the ship 1 is a better parse cause i did about 100-200 higher on the fleet one than the ship dummy and i think the fleet dummy reprsents T1 ops and ship = T2 but anyways

1169 sounds a bit low even for WH gear but 50 seconds wasn't even a good parse my initial burst is around 2k dps on the dummy. sounds like you are a big timer pvper so you may be using a pvp type of rotation not sure but anyways i'll post what i do

open with discharge assassinate when at 29%> VS x2 > maul with proc/shock with 2 stacks of the buff> use discharge on cooldown whenever it's up and be sure to use black out then force cloak for force regen when you are low hope that helps not trying to tell ya how to play just 1169 seems a bit low even for a 1min parse makes me think you are doing something wrong

Voltaic*2

Shock

Maul when exploit is up

Discharge when available

I use blackout but without force cloak. I'm not sure this has such a major effect on my dps though.

I am pretty sure my stats are over columi/bh mixed gear. I'll check on that when i get home. Someone on forum was complaining sin dps can't get past 1200 so idk.

Meh,

I do not agree...

i run ops with my WH/BH gear and have no issues with them.. no one kicks me out whatsoever...

Did few HMs and despite some unavoidable wipes during learning, it is no big deal. Really.

Besides, even if gearing via WZs is pain in the *** you are at least GETTINg some items and progress.

the "ooting games "during operations with no real guarantee that you :

a) SEE the item for your class

b) win the loot for it

are pretty much ridiculous.

BH gearing and PVP gearing is at least fair in temrs that once you gather enough resources you can buy whatever YOU want.

And not what the game/players would allow you to loot.

A full WH set is even better than a full Columi set and on par with a Rakata set in most situations With that said the gear unlocks you for all SM Ops, HM+NiM EV / KP and with a good team you might be able to do HM EC. Beyond that is a no go but since WH is easy to obtain I guess this much is pretty good already. Edited by Ephesia

As long as you don't run content that drops gear better then rakata I guess there is no problem in running it with War Hero, and as long as you don't run anything that drops better then columi, you can do it with recruit. As a healer recruit can be quite nice, I think the expertise gives higher heals on player, right? Edited by RikuvonDrake

Given some known guild guidelines (1500 main stat for HM unbuffed) you could in theory do HM EV or KP in some flavor of high end PvP IIRC.

You're doing it wrong. I looked at the stats and the Tionese is better. You're obviously counting the Expertise. I would of put you on my ignore list. Either way, you can use the Recruit in the off pieces until you get better gear. If you still suck however and they kick you anyway, that has nothing to do with the gear.

You're doing it wrong. I looked at the stats and the Tionese is better. You're obviously counting the Expertise. I would of put you on my ignore list. Either way, you can use the Recruit in the off pieces until you get better gear. If you still suck however and they kick you anyway, that has nothing to do with the gear.

Less players like the above, please. Have a little decency and remember you were a newbie as well at one point.

I know for sure I can run ev/kp hm with wh gear, I just wasn't sure about the others.

Edited by ipagex

And from another thread:

Is there any reason why you're still not answering for the defense relics? If I were grouped with you, I'd put you on ignore for that alone.

You must have a really long ignore list, dude.

Somebody has a superiority complex :rolleyes:

If you have any questions OP, feel free to PM me, no need to give douchebags like this free tips when he clearly thinks he's amazing. I'm sure he enjoys pugging every day and not having a guild to progression raid with so he takes it out on newbies on the forums ;)

Less players like the above, please. Have a little decency and remember you were a newbie as well at one point.

I know for sure I can run ev/kp hm with wh gear, I just wasn't sure about the others.

To be honest, he gave the best answer to the original question. The last bit was unneccesary and rude, but the OP was comparing recruit vs Tionesse, not war hero vs tionesse, and I would likely kick someone for showing up in recruit gear. It may be a pain to switch gear, but you should equip all the tionesse pieces when grouping with others.

To be honest, he gave the best answer to the original question. The last bit was unneccesary and rude, but the OP was comparing recruit vs Tionesse, not war hero vs tionesse, and I would likely kick someone for showing up in recruit gear. It may be a pain to switch gear, but you should equip all the tionesse pieces when grouping with others.

Recruit is better than Tionese (better armor rating, better weapon rating, better secondary stats) and totally sufficient for HM FPs (tier 1) and SM EV/KP.

If you kicked me for wearing recruit gear instead of Tionese, I would be grateful, because then I wouldn't have to play with someone who doesn't understand gear stats.

Edited by LarryRow

Let me flip this questions around.

I am a MM Sniper and I have all lvl 26-27 PVE mods(mods, armoring, enhancements, augments) in my equipment. I'm gonna start PVPing and I keep looking at the recruit gear but with the exception of expertise all my other stats take major drop. Should I change to the recruit gear or use my PVE gear till I can get Elite WarHero gear.

Let me flip this questions around.

I am a MM Sniper and I have all lvl 26-27 PVE mods(mods, armoring, enhancements, augments) in my equipment. I'm gonna start PVPing and I keep looking at the recruit gear but with the exception of expertise all my other stats take major drop. Should I change to the recruit gear or use my PVE gear till I can get Elite WarHero gear.

I asked this same question quite a while and got vastly different responses from two opposite camps of the argument.

I did some math using AMR profiles, and it seemed that a full set of black/hole campaign was better than recruit, despite the loss of expertise. I then went into some warzones and tested it -- I did much better in my end-game PvE gear than with Recruit.

Despite this, I've still had people argue that expertise is so valuable and so definitive that even the best PvE gear is less than Recruit in a warzone.

The final test was a set of duels with a guildie in Recruit and me in a mix of 61/63 PvE gear. The rules of the duel was simple - alternate Grav Round and Hammer Shot only (to try and make the test as gear driven as possible). He (in the recruit gear) lost every time. He then put on his War Hero gear (with me still in 61/63 PvE) and he then won every duel.

So, I recommend to use your 61/63 PvE gear instead of Recruit but start replacing it with War Hero as fast as you can.

normly if i run a hard mode i will not heal any one in recrute or pvp gear yes wh is much beter then tisonie but after all the abuse i got in pvp for having my itemized campain/deth guard gear insted of recrute just tired of all the arguments so for pve have youre pve for pvp put pvp gear on i still think 61-63 pve is better then recrute but hey try to explain it to pvpers