How do you get "Discovery Mission: whatever"

Starglitter

Hi:

I am new to the game, at least to the crafting part, and I have received in the past when slicing a type of a drop titled "Mission Discovery: Name and level"

But sadly since I was running so many at a time, never really paid attention on what kind of slicing missions I sent my companions to do that dropped these.

I tried like a dozen lockbox type missions, and all I got was in the average under half the credits it took to pay for the mission, and nothing else. I must be very unlucky in this kind of undertaking, but at least I am getting my slicing skill up, so its not a total loss.

I see other type of slicing missions, is there any particular type of mission I should be looking to do to get the Mission Discovery drops? I would imagine I want to do the rich and bountiful types as well, but not sure if my guessing is right.

Can anyone advise me as to what kind of slicing mission and if salient what grade (rich, abundant, bountiful), please, please?

Thank you

Sue

Ps: I did try researching this, and could find all manner of posts about the issue of type of missions dropped, and what to do once they dropped; but could not find anything on how to get them to drop.

Lockbox missions will return these on a critical success. In the 401+ skill range, only the Bountiful (Fast as You Can) and Rich (Credit Drain) missions will have a chance of getting a mission discovery.

Except for the Tier 6 missions, as the best they can ever be are Abundant.

Edit: I didn't word that well. Basically, Grade 6 missions are the only missions that top out at Abundant. All other tiers have Bountiful and Rich which are the ones you want to run depending on the tier of crafting mission you are looking for.

Edited by Grayseven

I got 2 as drops from difficult bosses. One I think I remember from a Heroic quest, but I'm not sure about that anymore.

1 or 2 within quests I soloed.

1 yesterday as a drop from a pirate on Ilum (Gree Event), which I and a friend (level 53 & 55, respectively) defeated (that pirate was a member of a group, not the end boss).

Most missions can be gotten from Slicing, but I've seen a few rarely as results from other missions (with critical success, as far as I can remember), too.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer