The Cathar what ever happened to them?!

olschoolus

OKies i know back around 1.3 mention came up about the Cathar ... am i missing something or did BW kill this? is it still coming? or did we just get a whole line of promises for a later date that will never happen.. its not that hard to put in the new race... your slapping in new pointless stuff all the time. :rak_03:

They come with the "Rise of the Hutt Cartel" expansion, so about mid-march.

This is not certain information. The Cathar will more than likely be implemented months after the upcoming expansion once most of the inevitable bugs have been squashed. I would say weeks, but I don't have the impression that the development team is properly staffed.

Edited by Kvasiraz

I think it will be after the RoTHC due to the testing and programming needed to implement, I am personally not particularly looking forward to a Thundercat, but at least it adds an extra option for players, and will hopefully pave the way for more 'desirable' species...What I do have a problem with is it going to Cartel Marketplace.....But alas no firm dates are released yet so we shall wait and see.

My opinion is that the Cathar will not ge implemented as a playable race. It was mentioned that they would be and most likely with update 1.4 (I think that was the update) but then nothing happened and nothing has been said by Bio since then. It appears they are focusing on new content instead of adding a new playable race.

I do not see this being that hard to implement do to the fact the species is already in the game look on Taris and i believe the trooper gets a Cathar companion so the only Technical reason why it would take awhile to Implement is because of the voice over and story line that would need to be done and created to implement into the game.

I do not see this being that hard to implement do to the fact the species is already in the game look on Taris and i believe the trooper gets a Cathar companion so the only Technical reason why it would take awhile to Implement is because of the voice over and story line that would need to be done and created to implement into the game.

You'd be suprised what's hard for EAware to do.

Edited by CaptRavenous

The voice work varies by class and gender, not by species.

The only work necessary is the design of the skins for the models. A few Cathar are in the game already, but there aren't enough to probably cover all of the standard customization options people will expect. The skeletons are the same for all species, and the animations are tied to the class alone, so no new work there.

Personally, I have no interest in playing one, but I do find it remarkable that with the number of people who have asked for them, and the apparent simplicity of just recoloring some skins (which they are so good at) that it would take so long to implement something initially claimed to be in the works a year ago.

Separate voiceover and storyline is made just for classes, not for races.

Also, who cares about those 'roided up tigers anyways. I wanna play as Ortolan or Ugnaught.

There was a recent Dev post about the challenges in implementing a new species into SWTOR. It takes a lot more than just setting a flag as a species. All the emotes, moods, etc have to be articulated for them. The voice over wasn't mentioned, but I suspect that it would need to be done as well.

All that said, and the struggles and complexities of the work involved highlighted, I would still appreciate at least a vague timeline ("This will come out later in 2013" or "This is prioritized after RotHC and related bug fixes" or "This only going to be available to legacy 50 players") or recognition that it is still coming down the pike.

OKies i know back around 1.3 mention came up about the Cathar ... am i missing something or did BW kill this? is it still coming? or did we just get a whole line of promises for a later date that will never happen.. its not that hard to put in the new race... your slapping in new pointless stuff all the time. :rak_03:

The Republic and Empire, being responsible galactic powers, had them all spayed and neutered.

Me too, trooper and consular. Gotta have 1 male, 1 female. :)

Its the thing I've been most anticipating since last E3 and apparently its gonna be the last thign they release. Go figure.

Me three (trooper) but I recently gave up and just made one. :(

Cathar are being worked on alongside S/S romance and both are on track to be released...never.