[Sorc PvP Video] 1 mil Damage Taken, 0 Deaths

Cilas

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but all your video does is prove how unbalanced the current mechanics are. Either healing needs to be significantly lowered, or they need to stop allowing taunts being stacked with guard. Something has to give here. Currently guard with 50% damage reduction stacked with a taunt is 80% damage reduction on top of already strong heals + cross healing. If taunts continue to stack then guard needs to be lowered and healing kept the same with diminishing returns on cross healing. Either way, something needs to be changed. Healing should give an advantage to a team, not make them unkillable. You taking an onslaught like that and being able to survive it quite easily is just beyond broken.

Sorry but all your video does is prove how unbalanced the current mechanics are. Either healing needs to be significantly lowered, or they need to stop allowing taunts being stacked with guard. Something has to give here. Currently guard with 50% damage reduction stacked with a taunt is 80% damage reduction on top of already strong heals + cross healing. If taunts continue to stack then guard needs to be lowered and healing kept the same with diminishing returns on cross healing. Either way, something needs to be changed. Healing should give an advantage to a team, not make them unkillable. You taking an onslaught like that and being able to survive it quite easily is just beyond broken.

Um no. We had 3 healers and 2 tanks at mid.. which is why NONE of them were dying. They could have easily left mid and taken the other nodes. They could have cc'd and/or shifted focus on a different target too. They were on me the whole time which is why the assassin guarding me didn't swap guards at all. He got 1mil protection just guarding me, and I took 1mil damage. That's a total of 2 million damage directed at me. The op healer with us only took 100k damage. Something wrong in that picture?

Something has to give? Bad players complaining for nerfs.

Sorry, one team playing very badly is not indicative of a balance issue.

Um no. We had 3 healers and 2 tanks at mid.. which is why NONE of them were dying. They could have easily left mid and taken the other nodes. They could have cc'd and/or shifted focus on a different target too. They were on me the whole time which is why the assassin guarding me didn't swap guards at all. He got 1mil protection just guarding me, and I took 1mil damage. That's a total of 2 million damage directed at me. The op healer with us only took 100k damage. Something wrong in that picture?

Something has to give? Bad players complaining for nerfs.

He's right.

As a tank, my first priority is to the team's healer - healer lives, chances are my teammates all live. If someone starts hammering on my healer (they're already guarded for a reason), I'll taunt that player. Most players don't know that, when that Taunt debuff appears, that they need to attack the person who casted it.

This isn't an 'imbalance in the current systems', this is an extension of PvE mechanics into PvP, which is what makes SWTOR's PvP so good in the first place! While I do say 'learn to play', though, a possible change BioWare could make is to ensure that the taunts are more visible so players affected by them will A) know they're taunted without needing an icon, and B) know who they were taunted by (which is the whole point of taunting!)

Looks to me like the typical full premade against a pug team..... Not that impressive if that is the case. Wont happen against another pre made.

I rather think the point is "look at these guys being bad", not "look at me being awesome".

Not that, of course, Cilas isn't awesome.

I rather think the point is "look at these guys being bad", not "look at me being awesome".

Exactly. It is a visual representation via a warzone of the typical player that complains about how overpowered healing is.

Not that, of course, Cilas isn't awesome.

<3

Edited by Cilas

Why can't I ever take a million damage? Obviously I need to troll harder :(

Although I have to say that one of my favorite ways to troll is being the last one (or close to it) standing on a node with 6 people all trying to kill that last "attacker"--I kite them around as long as possible and if my team is smart they'll respawn to the offnode and take it, and I may consider my kamikaze stand successful.

Bads will be bads

I think healing is in a good place, the enemy had a hardon for Cilas and were pretty bad from the looks of it. It also looks like a double premade against pugs, I see 4 DFR players and I think the rest are Mayhem. The enemy has all kinds of guilds with a few Population Control guys. Pugs rarely know how to focus target, and they'll never be able to in this game without a better communication system.

Nice work.

As a tank, my first priority is to the team's healer - healer lives, chances are my teammates all live. If someone starts hammering on my healer (they're already guarded for a reason), I'll taunt that player. Most players don't know that, when that Taunt debuff appears, that they need to attack the person who casted it.

Yeah that's key to burning down tanks. You force an AoE taunt by fake attacking a couple of important targets, and then when the taunt is off, you all turn and focus the tank. :D

Edited by Monterone

I think healing is in a good place, the enemy had a hardon for Cilas and were pretty bad from the looks of it. It also looks like a double premade against pugs, I see 4 DFR players and I think the rest are Mayhem. The enemy has all kinds of guilds with a few Population Control guys. Pugs rarely know how to focus target, and they'll never be able to in this game without a better communication system.

Nice work.

Not that they weren't bad but considering he took 1 million dmg/ 2 million if you count the guards. Its safe to say he WAS being focused. Just focus the healer doesnt work as this case shows with guards and cross heals you wont die whether youre being focused or not.

Yeah that's key to burning down tanks. You force an AoE taunt by fake attacking a couple of important targets, and then when the taunt is off, you all turn and focus the tank. :D

Exactly! Yet, for some reason, whenever I play my Vanguard, I usually wind up living, especially if we do what I like to call the 'Texas Triangle':

1: I guard healer, who heals themselves. While that's going on I

2: taunt the attacker and unload my full set of debuffs, slowly nibbling him down. Of course during that,

3: the attacker continues ineffectively damaging the healer, who is still healing themselves.

For some reason, 90% of attackers love dancing my Texas Triangle with me...darned if I understand why...

Even if they had killed the tank, another tank was present to step in. Even if they killed that tank, there were 2 other healers to take care of him. 3 healers can survive for a long time, even without tanks. Certainly they'd survive long enough for that first tank who died to get back out there and start the cycle over again.

This is the problem with many 2.0 warzones I've been in: the goal of a team like that is not to capture objectives, or kill enemy players... it's just to turtle up the whole warzone. When you have 3 healers and a couple of tanks, it's a very viable strategy and one that makes for some of the most unenjoyable matches possible. 20+ minutes of two teams banging their heads against a wall and nothing being accomplished.

I've done some lowbie PVP recently and tanks/healers are working their way up the ladder. Give it another month or two and every warzone in this game will look a lot like that one. 2-3 healers, a couple of tanks and a few DPS trying in frustration to get a single kill medal. Fun stuff.

Exactly! Yet, for some reason, whenever I play my Vanguard, I usually wind up living, especially if we do what I like to call the 'Texas Triangle':

1: I guard healer, who heals themselves. While that's going on I

2: taunt the attacker and unload my full set of debuffs, slowly nibbling him down. Of course during that,

3: the attacker continues ineffectively damaging the healer, who is still healing themselves.

For some reason, 90% of attackers love dancing my Texas Triangle with me...darned if I understand why...

Yeah that can be frustrating, especially if you're the only one trying to burn down important targets. If I get in that situation for 20-30 seconds and no other player decides to help out, it's a good indication of how the warzone is gonna go. :D

Not that they weren't bad but considering he took 1 million dmg/ 2 million if you count the guards. Its safe to say he WAS being focused. Just focus the healer doesnt work as this case shows with guards and cross heals you wont die whether youre being focused or not.

It's clear that I was being focused, the point is that it was to the extreme. The two other healers @ mid were basically free casting heals on me because they never SWITCHED targets.

I do agree though, in pugs.. it's hard to beat this without a better communication system. Although, most pugs wouldn't bother even if there was a better means of communicating.

Even if they had killed the tank, another tank was present to step in. Even if they killed that tank, there were 2 other healers to take care of him. 3 healers can survive for a long time, even without tanks. Certainly they'd survive long enough for that first tank who died to get back out there and start the cycle over again.

This is the problem with many 2.0 warzones I've been in: the goal of a team like that is not to capture objectives, or kill enemy players... it's just to turtle up the whole warzone. When you have 3 healers and a couple of tanks, it's a very viable strategy and one that makes for some of the most unenjoyable matches possible. 20+ minutes of two teams banging their heads against a wall and nothing being accomplished.

I've done some lowbie PVP recently and tanks/healers are working their way up the ladder. Give it another month or two and every warzone in this game will look a lot like that one. 2-3 healers, a couple of tanks and a few DPS trying in frustration to get a single kill medal. Fun stuff.

A pug premade wasn't going to beat us at mid.. the point is that we had all that stacked defense and healing at mid, so why didn't they leave and try another node? We had no healers at the other nodes. This is where some strategy and common sense should kick in.

People want to kill what's right in front of them (i.e. me) when in reality, they'd be better off switching nodes if they wanted to win.

While I do say 'learn to play', though, a possible change BioWare could make is to ensure that the taunts are more visible so players affected by them will A) know they're taunted without needing an icon, and B) know who they were taunted by (which is the whole point of taunting!)

I couldn't agree more.

I believe this problem and a whole host of others could be solved very easily with a few updates to the interface editor. The main changes I would ask for are:

1. The ability to customize the placement, size, and alpha level of your buffs, as well as which are visible or not.

2. Proc alerts. If you could set this up to show a message when a certain proc goes active, that's be nice.

To all the people complaining that healing is OP......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmZ6Yu9PyzA

Next time tunnel less, and maybe go try to take another node? Switch targets?

Awesome, I made it into one of your vids. I remember that game too. I was laughing on TS. You know it's bad when you can sit next to the Pub players and free cast heals. Was fun though. I ended up showing up late to mid though. Or I would've won the heals contest! ;)

Skip to 2:50 in the video

About 5 people were attacking you, you were guarded also. It doesnt take skill to guard someone. You never went below half health on that bit.

The other healer on your team was also guarded. You are a pre made. Its not that surprising that you too so much damage. The other healer on your team took more damage than you. Well done for being guarded and healing each other. Well done for making a pre made.

The assassin tanks have phase walk in which you get extra healing.

Not to mention the fact you were against a team of donkeys, which is what 80% of warzones consist of.

I'm not that impressed though. But good for you if you feel you achieved something.

Edited by DarthWoad

A pug premade wasn't going to beat us at mid.. the point is that we had all that stacked defense and healing at mid, so why didn't they leave and try another node? We had no healers at the other nodes. This is where some strategy and common sense should kick in.

People want to kill what's right in front of them (i.e. me) when in reality, they'd be better off switching nodes if they wanted to win.

Wrong. You are a full premade with communication. You know as well as I do the second they were to go for another node you would have been right there to defend. That warzone was a lose from the start, no matter the pugs strat. There is no way they were gonna get the rotation down to hold 2 nodes against a full seasoned premade.

80% of the PUG's ive been in couldnt even spell common sense, let alone enact its application in decision making.

Strategy is useless in PVP, unless, your against extremely bad players. Adaptability is the way of PvP.

Also, hows the old e-peen feeling? PUG stomping getting to the point where everytime it happens we get a forum thread?

Lets get off the premade vs PUG and focus on the fact there was 9 kills..total... the whole match. Like most warzones it was just a boring war of slamming heads against a wall. Sometimes I think half of warzones end now because one team just gets bored and quits and the other half are over in the first 15 seconds to whomever capped their nodes quickest. Either way its hardly in a fun state currently.