Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.

I can't stay anything different that hasn't already been said but I think the 3 realm merge is the best solution because the population on the pvp realm is almost dead and RP-PVE realm seems to say standard population but if you go in it looks like it has half the pop of dalborra PVE which seems to be the only realm that has just enough but it can always be better so to solve the problem with all three is a hybrid realm that has environment of all three types PVE RP and PVP.

now in times of PVE and RP the only difference between these two is that RP have stricter names which isn't really needed as most people who like to play a role after a name of character in movie or game or whatever they usually do so in any type of realm and RP also have language resections which is what the chat filter is for and if they are talking about sex or drugs people would kick them from the grp anyway

PVP realm in terms of PVP type environment why not make the "Toggle PVP" command a command that gives the players with it switch on the same pvp realm rules as the PVP realm and the pvp players would have yellow or light green name for their character and won't interrupt the PVE players that wish to keep it off

Server transfers is not going to solve the Asia server at all just going to make it worst and alot of hard core players who are on these realms want this server to stay for the low latency as i ve tried US realms such as "The Harbridger" and i get 200-300 ms and in high populated areas there is noticeable lag but not too bad. So server transfers would be a bad idea. Also having one realms means only one realms to maintenance and work out all the bugs for each week .

server transfers from US to this Hybrid realm would be a good idea to see if that will bring more population to Asia realm as there are few US players on the realms already and if there a enough it might be enough for two to three realms for the future

now in terms of new players i agree that there needs to be a advertisement complain in Australia and NZ to attract new players if you want more players to fill the more population for the options for two PVE and PVP realm for future

I hope you take my testament into consideration as you make your decision

Thanks

server transfers from US to this Hybrid realm would be a good idea to see if that will bring more population to Asia realm

NO,

APAC server has horrible lag for other Asian,

we got 400ms~800ms there,

so no server transfers from US to APAC,

it should let players chose by their own will,

or transfer from APAC to US.

a true char transfer system but not fake by server merge will solve this problem.

Asia is almost another market altogther. Maybe Bioware should look at opening a server further north of sydney for Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan and alot of the other countries that are getting better ping on west coast US servers.

It's only been a week. As much as I'm hanging out to hear their verdict, important business decisions like this one don't happen in a week after requesting feedback.

I'm sure it won't be much longer if we're all patient.

Sorry but no. Joveth Gonzales said the below on 21 September 2012.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.

Really they have NO EXCUSE to implement something right away or at least make an announcement.

Edited by Cheezfriend

and id like to have my toons transferred off to somewhere else, why NOT BOTH? \o/

Because we are trying to fix the problem of having a low population on our server.... You know... The whole reason why this thread was made in the first place

and id like to have my toons transferred off to somewhere else, why NOT BOTH? \o/

this is why

Server transfers is not going to solve the Asia server at all just going to make it worst and alot of hard core players who are on these realms want this server to stay for the low latency as i ve tried US realms such as "The Harbridger" and i get 200-300 ms and in high populated areas there is noticeable lag but not too bad. So server transfers would be a bad idea.

Everyones opinion count, If your opinion is not the same as someone elses, it is essentially rude to not allow someone to have a different opinion without shutting them down because it does not meet your grand plan.

Thing about views is that it raises up different solutions, your solution might be ranked 46 out of 100 possible outcomes but does that make it any less valid then no 1 ranked opinion out of 100 possible outcomes.

Consider what i just said next time someone posts up a view that isn't yours and meets your goal in life.

Why people automatically shut some one down is beyond me (though i have been guilty myself on occasion)

Sometimes some are just standing too close to the problem to see the solution.

Edited by OwenBrooks

There's no point or option that hasn't been covered 15 times over in this thread at this point, now we just play the ./bump waiting game while BW/EA work something out. Maybe they plan to give us the news on Australia day, though I highly doubt they have a clue that anyone celebrates anything other than the 4th of July. Edited by OGsam

Maybe after a month or so or maybe if they are paid transfers and only pve/rp players. Only because i know there are fools out there that will just jump ship as soon as transfers are offered without even giving the new merged server a chance. If enough people jump then this may have a detrimental effect on the population of the new server, effectively crippling it right after it's formed

I am on Master Dar'Nala and would be in favour of a merge with the Dalborra server, I dont play on the Gav Daragon server so I can't really comment on that or what they would like.

If they do merge the servers together it would be great for a few open world PvP zones, such as the one on Tatooine, where you would be instantly flagged if you walked in.

All the other ideas have been put forward already about transfers off the Oceanic servers after the merger and that sounds like the best idea for the people that are not happy after the merge.

Hey folks! Thank you for all of your suggestions. As I mentioned earlier, we're going to review these and see what we can do. I'll be sure to update when we have anything new. In the meantime, please keep the ideas coming!

Please don't keep us hanging too long, merging b4 Makeb is launched would be preferred :)

Hey folks! Thank you for all of your suggestions. As I mentioned earlier, we're going to review these and see what we can do. I'll be sure to update when we have anything new. In the meantime, please keep the ideas coming!

this is nice

Awesome! Hopefully we get a server merge!

Thanks - just remember to keep us updated even it its just to say the situation is still under review. Oh and just in case my suggestion was missed from ages ago:

1. Merge all the apac servers into a single PVE server - the reasoning around this has been described many times. Keep the awesome latency, correct prime/op times, guilds, legacies and local community whilst boosting the population

2. Offer FREE transfers FROM US servers TO the apac server - in a bid to get those APAC players that left or rolled on US servers due to the population issues, to come back

3. Offer PAID transfers FROM the apac server TO US servers after a month or so - gives those who still hate Pve or have some other problem with the apac server after some time trying it, an opportunity to get out. Could possibly make this process free for PVP and RP players if that's not too complicated

4. Some form of advertising in Australia/NZ to get more people in before the release of the expansion

Edited by laz_AU

Thanks - just remember to keep us updated even it its just to say the situation is still under review. Oh and just in case my suggestion was missed from ages ago:

nope i dont agree with that move, i play from south asia, ping is terrible i want to play on EU servers where i get 250 ms vs 500~700 ms to aussie town. Just open up transfers and let us decide where we want to go.

Im not fussed too much what you do i just want you to keep our server in Sydney though because i play this game because of the low ping. Most of Australia and New Zealand are very happy to have a server there.

nope i dont agree with that move, i play from south asia, ping is terrible i want to play on EU servers where i get 250 ms vs 500~700 ms to aussie town. Just open up transfers and let us decide where we want to go.

Great but i think you would be in the minority (people from south asia with crap pings, that still play on apac servers that want out). Just opening up transfers might suit you fine but would scatter the rest of the community. There will be a paid transfer option in the future regardless of what happens - use that if u want out. Why you chose to play on an APAC server with a worse ping in the first place is a mystery...