Galactic Startfighter supposed to have more gamemodes?!

Chrisarn

I just watched the release trailer for Galactic Startfighter, where you stated "Fight in Multiple Gamemodes". Currently the only gamemode we got is "Domination". Is there an ETA when we can expect more then the one gamemode you release with? Galactic Startfighter is amazing, but after 2 weekends of only the same gamemode it just isent the same as having atleast one other.

Even your own site, http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter says this: "Travel to multiple space locations and fight through exciting battles with different gameplay modes."

I want GS to succeed so much, but only having 1 gamemode for a long time can make it feel alittle repetative, its like only doing Civil War Warzone over and over again.

Hoping for respons to clear up this. We try'd to ask you in the Cantina event and you(musco) just smiled and said you have something, but no ETA. Just dont hope you dont hold it for to long so ppl get bored with only one gamemode.

Edited by Chrisarn

I just watched the release trailer for Galactic Startfighter, where you stated "Fight in Multiple Gamemodes". Is there an ETA when we can expect more then the one gamemode you release with? Galactic Startfighter is amazing, but after 2 weekends of only the same gamemode it just isent the same as having atleast one other.

Even your own site, http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter says this: "Travel to multiple space locations and fight through exciting battles with different gameplay modes."

I want GS to succeed so much, but only having 1 gamemode for a long time can make it feel alittle repetative, its like only doing Civil War Warzone over and over again.

Hoping for respons to clear up this. We try'd to ask you in the Cantina event and you(musco) just smiled and said you have something, but no ETA. Just dont hope you dont hold it for to long so ppl get bored with only one gamemode.

I am pretty sure when bombers come out they will bring a game mode with them. I believe they have to destroy an enemy target. I could be wrong though.

Galactic Starfighter does not officially release until February. Subscribers just get "Early (Limited) Access" starting tomorrow. Expect to hear about a new game mode in January / beginning of February.

Unless I am mistaken we are not even getting the full thing. Bombers will not be available until the official lunch.

Galactic Starfighter does not officially release until February. Subscribers just get "Early (Limited) Access" starting tomorrow. Expect to hear about a new game mode in January / beginning of February.

Thats fine and all, tho they havent told us anything about other gamemodes even tho their trailer and webitesite says there are multiple-gamemodes.... Thats what I find hard to understand. It almost feels like they pushbacked gamemodes like they did with bombers.

Just them telling that new gamemode are coming xxx will put my midn at rest, like I said, I want GS to succeed!

Edited by Chrisarn

Thats fine and all, tho they havent told us anything about other gamemodes even tho their trailer and webitesite says there are multiple-gamemodes.... Thats what I find hard to understand. It almost feels like they pushbacked gamemodes like they did with bombers.

Just them telling that new gamemode are coming xxx will put my midn at rest, like I said, I want GS to succeed!

Most likely they are still finalizing them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in different stages of multiple game modes and they are unsure what will actually be released and what won't be. Right now we have 2 months until the official release and like the bombers (dulfy mentioned it causing very bad balance problems) a lot can still happen until the actual launch.

Most likely they are still finalizing them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in different stages of multiple game modes and they are unsure what will actually be released and what won't be. Right now we have 2 months until the official release and like the bombers (dulfy mentioned it causing very bad balance problems) a lot can still happen until the actual launch.

2 months of the same gamemode... this will be tough.... shouldent release with only 1 gamemode, can backfire hard.

2 months of the same gamemode... this will be tough.... shouldent release with only 1 gamemode, can backfire hard.

While unfortunately most will see it that way, its not releasing with 1 game mode. It is being put in a glorified beta with 1 game mode.

While unfortunately most will see it that way, its not releasing with 1 game mode. It is being put in a glorified beta with 1 game mode.

You cannot even call it glorified beta, beacuse they pushed it to live-servers.... This is there 2.5 content. This is the main-release(early-access). It might remind me of how they release the main-game. Just hope they have learned.

Great idea, to little content gamemode wise- customization is amazing.

Edited by Chrisarn

You cannot even call it glorified beta, beacuse they pushed it to live-servers.... This is there 2.5 content. This is the main-release(early-access). It might remind me of how they release the main-game. Just hope they have learned.

Great idea, to little content gamemode wise- customization is amazing.

I completely understand the point you are trying to make here and I hope we get more game modes.

But the official launch of this portion of the game is not until February 4th 2014.

"Beta" can mean either beta code (as in bugs). Or an early release to a smaller group of people to get feedback. Subscribers are the smaller group of people. Generally it is not fully designed or still lacking certain things at this point.

We already know this is the case with bombers. They have been confirmed, we know they exist, but they won't be in the early access.

They are testing GS on the subscribers to get feedback. I wouldn't expect any concrete details on what the full scope of this will be until we get closer to the actual launch of GS.

Now I could be wrong and they plan to roll out changes as they finish them up instead of adding them all on Feb 4th, it is hard to say because they have never done this before.

But yes, This is a glorified Beta. We have Early access to this feature. Plenty of other companies release "beta" code onto live servers. Not necessarily because it is buggy but they need feedback and to cover their asses if something does go wrong.

Take a look at google for this one. Gmail was in beta for 5 (maybe) years.

Jesus Christ you people. This thing is 12+ hours away from even being launched and your already ************ about it? Where did you park your TARDIS or other sorts of time-traveling devices, I'd like to see the future you saw so I can join in on the Groaning & Moaning Bandwagon.

If your going to complain about something, at least fricking wait until its released so your ************ at least has SOME shred of validity.

(And if anyone thinks I'm defending Bioware at all, please...feel free to look at my post history.)

Edited by WillCaedes

Jesus Christ you people. This thing is 12+ hours away from even being launched and your already ************ about it? Where did you park your TARDIS or other sorts of time-traveling devices, I'd like to see the future you saw so I can join in on the Groaning & Moaning Bandwagon.

If your going to complain about something, at least fricking wait until its released so your ************ at least has SOME shred of validity.

(And if anyone thinks I'm defending Bioware at all, please...feel free to look at my post history.)

We have hours logged into PTS and know what we are getting. I can tell you this much, 1 gamemode for a long time will kill the enjoyment of Galactic Startfighter.

We have hours logged into PTS and know what we are getting. I can tell you this much, 1 gamemode for a long time will kill the enjoyment of Galactic Startfighter.

And you'd rather have nothing at all? Constantly biting the hand that feeds you is going to back fire in your face one day - hard.