Regarding Guild Banks

MyraTynomi

What are they used for mostly? I never played a MMO where there was a guild bank, only played Final Fantasy 11 which did not have this feature.

What are they used for, I mean from what I understand, you "tax" your guildmembers on their money drops (or npc sales?) and you get money in to the guild. I didn't quite understand how the allowance system works... Any ideas?

Store stuff, deposit stuff.

Buy tabs for varying amounts of money (Pages)

GM Decides whether you're allowed to withdraw from a certain tab or withdraw from the money section of it.

Officers usually get more than members.

~WoW Vet~

Guild banks allow a couple things:

1. Members can donate money to the guild to fund guild repairs or consumable costs. The UI will allow players to draw repair funds from the guild bank instead of their own wallet.

2. Members can throw items in the guild bank that they have no use for. Whether it's consumables, crafting materials, or even blues/purples that other people can use for alts. Oftentimes guilds will throw rare/epic crafting materials obtained from raiding so all members can see if the guild has the materials to craft high-end gear (currently not relevant but hopefully will be in 1.2).

appoint different roles to your guild members (officer ect) have different tabs for said roles.

Store crafting mats, its alot easyer to do crafting when you have 30 people with diplomacy for instance and some low level wants to make stuff but doesnt have the ability to farm the mats efficiently, well 30 others are putting old mats they dont need in there, so the low level gets it easy.

Non bindable gear ect

And the tax on the money drops, not sure about that one since i rarely see a game that needs it, however when they impliment guild capitol ships i assume they will be expensive, so the guild will need money to build one.