A Primer on the Emperor

Ranadiel_Marius

According to the Revan novel, Vitiate is half-human/half-sith before the ritual. After the ritual, the book basically says he is now his own race as he evolved to the point that he no longer falls into a current racial category.

Hmmm, yes this seems most likely. The Revan description is vague, but this makes sense. After all Vitiate was the illegitimate child of a common farmer, assumedly human - so Vitiate would have been a hybrid.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Revan novel explains exactly how it works. He can die once for every soul he absorbs. He absorbed an entire planet. That means he was never truely immortal per se. He wants to perform the ritual again just to have more life to fall back on.

This is some really interesting info. It sheds a lot of light on the Emperor's immortality, thanks for sharing :)

• 3 months later...

After a lot of thought on this (I find myself being slow sometimes XD), I believe it's inevitable that the prophecy becomes self fulfilling. I have been thinking of multiple "what ifs?" lately, and have concluded that the reason we fight the Emperor is because Scourge acted as he did because of his vision.

He basically paved the way for our encounters (present and future) with the Emperor. Whether Revan, Meetra and Scourge fought the true body or not, Scourge's actions alone are what bring us to the final battle, and what will likely have us beating down on the Emperor again.

I completely agree however I see the big picture differently. Heres my two cents on what happend.

It is obvious scourge either was kept in the dark about the voice, or he is the emperor's most successful agent. Here is the first cenario planned out.

As we all know, the emperor has had no issues surviving for over a thousand years without devouring entire planets. My theory is that the emperor has had all of this planned for hundreds of years to get a shot at the JK. Afterall he is a threat to the emperor. As soon as scourge was in contact with the emperor he was being played. The emperor kept him out of the loop with the existance of the hand, and the voices. It is more likely the emperor implanted scourge's vision of the galaxy dying, and the JK's face. Why you ask? Because he wanted scourge to believe that this was really going to happen, and to bait the JK into a trap with him, and possibly his true wrath waiting (the SW). Unfortunately because of sith politics Baras was battling the SW at the time, and the SW was not there to back up the voice. This is a entity that has had over a thousand years to scheme and plot to kill this one person who could harm him. There was really never a james bond doomsday vilan situation. As soon as the JK was out of the way he was free and clear to finally wipe out the jedi and the republic once and for all.

There is also the chance scourge has been working with the emperor the entire time and has been trying to bait the JK as previously stated.

That's just my theory. :)

What if we go with your theory that Scourge's vision was implanted by the Emperor, but instead of it being because the Knight was a threat to him, what if the Emperor planned to be "killed" by the Knight all along, as a way of drawing attention away from himself, so that he could work in even more secrecy than he has been?

This ties in with a theory of mine that the Emperor is secretly manipulating the Dread Masters into causing many of the events that take place after 50, such as Denova, TFB, etc in order not only to draw attention away from himself, but perhaps also as part of a larger, as yet unclear plan, which is hinted at by the Dread Masters when they speak sometimes. Spoilers for the Scum & Villainy operation follow:

During the final fight with Dread Master Styrak in S&V, he says something like "not even the Force can resist the call", and after he is killed by the group, large specters of the other six Dread Masters appear and they mention something along the lines of "six will be enough", implying they have a large overarching but secretive plan, which will presumably be revealed before or during our final confrontation with them.

We know that the Emperor and the Dread Masters have a history together, that he specifically ordered them freed from Belsavis (mentioned by Commander Calum during the Imperial planetary questline on Belsavis), so this all seems to hint that he is using them as part of his plans to me.

• 1 month later...
What if we go with your theory that Scourge's vision was implanted by the Emperor, but instead of it being because the Knight was a threat to him, what if the Emperor planned to be "killed" by the Knight all along, as a way of drawing attention away from himself, so that he could work in even more secrecy than he has been?

This ties in with a theory of mine that the Emperor is secretly manipulating the Dread Masters into causing many of the events that take place after 50, such as Denova, TFB, etc in order not only to draw attention away from himself, but perhaps also as part of a larger, as yet unclear plan, which is hinted at by the Dread Masters when they speak sometimes. Spoilers for the Scum & Villainy operation follow:

During the final fight with Dread Master Styrak in S&V, he says something like "not even the Force can resist the call", and after he is killed by the group, large specters of the other six Dread Masters appear and they mention something along the lines of "six will be enough", implying they have a large overarching but secretive plan, which will presumably be revealed before or during our final confrontation with them.

We know that the Emperor and the Dread Masters have a history together, that he specifically ordered them freed from Belsavis (mentioned by Commander Calum during the Imperial planetary questline on Belsavis), so this all seems to hint that he is using them as part of his plans to me.

I'm with you in regards to the Emperor having tasked the Dread Masters for some design of his. They have been said to only answer to him a few times in the game. However I don't think he masterminded Scourge's betrayal. He'd have to throw a face on a person 300 years into the future to present to Scourge which would have been tricky to do in the middle of a his battle with Revan. Especially because Revan had him on the ropes.

I also don't think he ever intented to actually lose the battle against the Jedi Knight. If he wanted to fake his death he easily could have done it at the end of Act 2 for the Knight with the Jedi assualt. Plus there would have been more witnesses than the private battle on Dromand Kass.

Also in the emails to the Warrior its clear that loss WAS a set back and weakened the Emperor. I think the Emperor actually is legitimately worried about the Jedi Knight as Palpatine was with Luke Skywalker. The Emperor has taken a personal interest in the Knight since Act One. Viatate also put a lot of his effort and power into fighting the Knight, much more so then he did on Voss against the Sith Warrior. Plus he had the advantage of being able to draw on the Dark Side energies of the Dark Temple to augment his strength, an extremely powerful Dark Side site, and still the Knight was able to beat him.

Personally I think he unexpectedly lost that fight but is rolling with it and playing dead so he can attend to his plans without the Jedi hunting him. This would also explain the whispers to Kira's friend in the interlude. He wants to cause as much chaos as possible to keep his true agenda hidden and also keep the Knight and the other heroes of the Republic busy while he heals and continues to set his plan in motion.

11 pages of discussion and Makeb disowns all of this. Apparently Vitiate's true body was a red eyed human after all.

How so? I played through both storylines and while the galaxy as a whole seems to believe the Emperor dead, the belief of the average galactic citizen doesn't mean jack. Consider that 300 years ago nobody knew about the gigantic Sith Empire waiting to swallow the Republic. My Warrior certainly believes the Emperor is still alive. Did I miss something?

Edited by ArenCordial

How so? I played through both storylines and while the galaxy as a whole seems to believe the Emperor dead, the belief of the average galactic citizen doesn't mean jack. Consider that 300 years ago nobody knew about the gigantic Sith Empire waiting to swallow the Republic. My Warrior certainly believes the Emperor is still alive. Did I miss something?

No, probably not. You may, however, not be considering that Marr confirms the Emperor is fallen and, at best, a weak force ghost. I.e. has no body anymore.

This [and the Hall interview] points to the Jedi Knight actually destroying his true body. Which unfortunately flies in the face of most of the lore we know so far, but there it is.

That said, I think most of the fellas who made this thread what it was have unsubbed, which is probably why there is almost no discussion on the subject anymore.

No, probably not. You may, however, not be considering that Marr confirms the Emperor is fallen and, at best, a weak force ghost. I.e. has no body anymore.
Well frankly, I wouldn't exactly be sad about that, even though I would be irked about JK storyline being even more of an ultimate fanservice. But it that's what it takes to get rid of Darth Mary Sue from the story and focus on more interesting and original Sith characters, I'm all for it! Let the Emperor be dead already! :D

• 2 months later...
I still firmly believe that the emperor used scourge. The emperor is a being of dark energy and can obviously see into the future just like the entity on correllia. Not only this but he would be able to sense the true alignment of scourge after he betrays revan. Afterall jaesa willsam can easily do this, so the dark lord of the sith should also. Why else would the emperor keep scourge in the dark about the voices and his hand? It is more likely that the emperor might of been defeated by revan, and in a last ditch effort turned scourge on revan by implanting the vision and using scourge as a pawn ever since. Was it to fake his own death? To get a shot at the JK? Who knows. What we do know is that lord vitiate is already immortal through the original devouring of his home planet. There is no need for him to do any doomsday plot in act 3, he is simply stringing the JK along into confrontation. When the JK faces the voice, we know it is the voice for one reason alone. If it was the true essence of the emperor, the JK would have been "touched" just as servant 2 was. After being defeated you might ask why he is taking so long to recover in comparison to whrn the SW kills him. There are two reasons for this. The first is the location of the kill. When the SW kills the voice, he is in an area of PROFOUND dark energy, aka the dark heart of voss. The JK killed his voice in the dark temple yes, but the power is not as raw as the dark heart's. The second reason is the effort he exerted in each battle. On voss he allows the SW to kill him to free him, while on DK he uses all his energy trying to kill the JK, severely exhausting his powers. Let us not forget the mail the SW receives from the hand, and the unique dialogue choice to darth marr confirming the emperor is still alive. Darth marr does have a point though. If he is nusing his wounds then he is not fit to rule right now. However for all we know the emperor is recovered by now and simply putting a bigger plot together and using his thought to be death to his advantage. All of this points back to scourge though. He is obviously a deep cover agent for the emperor orhas been used as a pawn since being named wrath.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just found this thread, but as I have not played JK yet I will wait with fully reading the interesting opening post and the rest of the thread, however I did skim the beginning and noticed something I could share.

Emperor's Hands, you mention that they are called Servant #, and you assume that maybe there are only 10 of them (you continue to say that this is just a guess). Well I can tell you that the Sith Warrior at one time meets Servant 11, so you can pretty much strike that assumption away.

Cheers.

I just found this thread, but as I have not played JK yet I will wait with fully reading the interesting opening post and the rest of the thread, however I did skim the beginning and noticed something I could share.

Emperor's Hands, you mention that they are called Servant #, and you assume that maybe there are only 10 of them (you continue to say that this is just a guess). Well I can tell you that the Sith Warrior at one time meets Servant 11, so you can pretty much strike that assumption away.

Cheers.

in my SWTOR encyclopedia it says that there are 12 members of the emperor's hand

in my SWTOR encyclopedia it says that there are 12 members of the emperor's hand

Are you sure you're not confusing them with the Dark Council?

The Emperor should only have two Hands, presumably, unless he's secretly been a Gree the whole time, or something.

Are you sure you're not confusing them with the Dark Council?

The Emperor should only have two Hands, presumably, unless he's secretly been a Gree the whole time, or something.

The fact it's called "Emperor's Hand" is not to be taken literally, one should assume. Either way, the organization is comprised of twelve servants, although you get to meet only three during the SW storyline.

Edited by Darth_Wicked