Fresh 55 and now PVP

merovejec

Hey all,

I am a fresh lvl 55 Sentinel and wanted to ask if it really now be all about getting killed constantly in PVP since I have no gear??? No really, I have played three Warzones so far and got killed like almost instantly. I do have 156 rating gear (all of it), which I got through buying mods from Galactic Trade Market, but that probably does not make any difference.

However I also wondered about the max PVP stats, so there is a max of 2018 expertise does that mean that all the players running around have the same expertise??? Well then if I have a bolster for arond 1860 is there such a difference between 2018 and 1800something??

I really need to know if its worth to PVP and lose in the beginning because getting around 50 warzone commendations per Warzone is a really slow process to get even the basic PVP Partisan gear needing more than 12000 WZ commendations.

Join a PvP guild who can help you get the W's.

Bioware has drastically reduced the difference between fully min/maxed and fresh 55 so rejoice so you aren't playing back in elite war hero days when fully min/maxed characters could one shot smash fresh 50s.

Also, if you've really only done 3 PvP matches, then your definition of "instantly getting killed" might need adjustment. :) I say "might". I don't know what your expectations are, but the average life span in PvP is minuscule compared to PvE. (Sure, there are some people who seem to never die, but I think they are the exception - either because the are really good or because the hide the whole match :D ) Even if you are fully min/max geared, if you get focused by the other team, you are going down in a matter of seconds. Think of how fast a "hard" goes down in PvE when your team focuses them. Now imagine you are the "hard". :)

Youre probably just a bad player in all honesty. A lot of the people who still play this game after all this time and all the bioware bs are hardcore pvpers who spend hours everyday pvping. While you are thinking about what ability to use they are one step ahead of you and you die becuase you were unable to use cooldowns at the right times and were not quick enough mentally or in motor skills. Gear is not a very big factor, regardless of what gear you are wearing, in wzs anymore. I used to double everyone elses dmg in warzones in full recruit gear on my fresh 50s. Gear has never been much of an issue. It has always just been an excuse for bad players to use on why they are getting owned.

In short...l2p

Hey all,

I really need to know if its worth to PVP and lose in the beginning because getting around 50 warzone commendations per Warzone is a really slow process to get even the basic PVP Partisan gear needing more than 12000 WZ commendations.

Really - it's not that hard to get partizan. Nowhere near the grind it used to be to get geared for PvP - SWTOR has never been friendlier to PvP noobs than it is at the moment.

Just collect your daily/weekly missions at the PvP terminal and gear up as you go along. You should be in full Partizan within a couple of weeks easy - and its the equivalent of elite WH in the old days.

And tbh it doesn;t make that much difference anyway, what with Bolster in effect. Just stick at it.

Edit: And ignore the chap above me. Yes, skill does trump gear - and 55wzs are a lot more intense than lowbie zones - but it's not that hard to become effective. You'll have good matches and bad matches, like we all do.

Also - make sure to augment your gear with the best augs you can (although only ever augment gear you mean to keep. Kits and augs are expensive) You can seriously boost your HP this way - and with everyone hitting for about the same, more HP is always a boost.

Hapyy PvPing.

Edited by UltimateKrucible

Youre probably just a bad player in all honesty. A lot of the people who still play this game after all this time and all the bioware bs are hardcore pvpers who spend hours everyday pvping. While you are thinking about what ability to use they are one step ahead of you and you die becuase you were unable to use cooldowns at the right times and were not quick enough mentally or in motor skills. Gear is not a very big factor, regardless of what gear you are wearing, in wzs anymore. I used to double everyone elses dmg in warzones in full recruit gear on my fresh 50s. Gear has never been much of an issue. It has always just been an excuse for bad players to use on why they are getting owned.

In short...l2p

This post is the harsh reality of the situation. To be a PvP'er you need to accept you're terrible and move to improve yourself. If you cant take the criticism in this post, PvP is not for you. You need a thick skin, and if you do not have one you'll be constantly baited by the trash talkers who can make you useless just by posting something into chat.

Hey all,

I am a fresh lvl 55 Sentinel and wanted to ask if it really now be all about getting killed constantly in PVP since I have no gear??? No really, I have played three Warzones so far and got killed like almost instantly. I do have 156 rating gear (all of it), which I got through buying mods from Galactic Trade Market, but that probably does not make any difference.

However I also wondered about the max PVP stats, so there is a max of 2018 expertise does that mean that all the players running around have the same expertise??? Well then if I have a bolster for arond 1860 is there such a difference between 2018 and 1800something??

You only get bolstered to 2018 expertise in the 55 bracket if:

• You don't have mods/enhancements/armoring above level 150.
  • You don't have expertise on any mod/enhancements/armoring.

To become better at warzones:

1. Keybind your skills (reaction time is everything, since your playing a sentinel whose defensive CD's are not on the GCD then you'd better keybind)
  2. Learn the warzone (How does your team win at Huttball? Novare Coast? Alderaan Civil War? Hypergates?)
  3. Learn your classes role (DPS Assassins/Operatives should be off-node defenders)
  4. Learn your team-work abilities (Juggernaught and Powertechs can Taunt, Powertechs and Assassins can pull enemies, Sorcerers can pull friendlies)
  5. Learn to coordinate CC (when you see a flashbang or soft mez be used on someone, don't go hitting that person)
  6. Learn the other classes (To become a better PvP'er you need to understand how your opponents deal damage. When you do, you will understand how to stop them from dealing said damage onto you)
  7. Learn to recognize the other classes (determine whose a healer, what spec. the marauder is, whether a Juggernaught/Powertech/Assassin is a tank or DPS)
  8. Learn to anticipate your enemy (determine patterns of attack/defense, count your enemies to guess where the other opponents are on the map)
  9. Learn to strategize (attacking the off node is a delicate dance of player-shifting, learn to attack off-nodes to give your team advantages at the main-node)
  10. Keep practicing

Edited by Yeochins