Do you plan to fix Rated WZ Disconnects?

SOULCASTER

PIC RELATED

^ In case you can't read the pink box i highlighted. It says "You have lost 24 Elo for leaving a rated match early"

Probably 10 minutes into a rated match tonight (that we ended up winning) I was booted from the warzone. Instead of winning and getting like +8-15 ELO. I lost -24.

Devs, do you EVER plan to address not only the disconnects mid-rated warzone, but also the elo loss for game crashes?

HOW is there not a way for people to re-enter the rated match?

Edited by SOULCASTER

As someone who has played not just this game but many, many multiplayer games, NO. Never, ever, ever "fix" this. Not under any circumstances and with no compromises. If you disconnect you LOSE. Period. I am very sorry your computer crashed, your internet dropped, your electricity cut out, or your dog bit through your power cord. If it happens regularly you personally need to do something about your situation because it is very much your problem.

Because the day you take out losses on drops a legion of :rak_09: will start cutting off their computers or unplugging their routers to avoid losses. It is as certain as the rising and the setting of the sun and there is NO way to distinguish a legitimate disconnect from a fake one. It RUINS games.

End of conversation.

As someone who has played not just this game but many, many multiplayer games, NO. Never, ever, ever "fix" this. Not under any circumstances and with no compromises. If you disconnect you LOSE. Period. I am very sorry your computer crashed, your internet dropped, your electricity cut out, or your dog bit through your power cord. If it happens regularly you personally need to do something about your situation because it is very much your problem.

Because the day you take out losses on drops a legion of :rak_09: will start cutting off their computers or unplugging their routers to avoid losses. It is as certain as the rising and the setting of the sun and there is NO way to distinguish a legitimate disconnect from a fake one. It RUINS games.

End of conversation.

I think you miss the point of trying to re-connect to a ranked match, entirely. First off, this game boots people out of the matches, not our internet. I'm still on Teamspeak when I get booted from matches, meaning its not the internet its the game.

2ndly, me trying to reconnect to a game i just got booted from has NOTHING to do with trolls trying to purposely DC to avoid a loss. Thats two seperate things. You're already able to leave the match (willingly) and lose ELO, which is basically what you're describing by trolls forcing a DC. However I'm talking about I lost elo because I got booted from the match (ok fine...) but then was UNABLE to reconnect (...not fine).

While it would be all fun and dandy if they allow reconnects after a DC what I always wanted was to queue up as 8 but have the option to have a sub on standby. Could be any class wouldn't matter as long as its a body to fill the spot.

While it would be all fun and dandy if they allow reconnects after a DC what I always wanted was to queue up as 8 but have the option to have a sub on standby. Could be any class wouldn't matter as long as its a body to fill the spot.

Sadly I think that could be exploited (not exploit, but hear me out), as teams could have their 9th man designated for certain maps, then "make a hard switch" depending on map. It's much like respec in WZ's, only in this case, it would be for a certain class.

Honestly, the simple fix is to allow said person who DC'd the option to reconnect into the match (he still loses ELO, but if reconnects ELO is restored) if still in progress. For the dude above not wanting to allow this, the system could still penalize whomever leaves the RWZ as it does now, but the option should be allowed to return and restore the ELO lost if the match is still in progress.

Edited by Pistols

Sadly I think that could be exploited (not exploit, but here me out), as teams could have their 9th man designated for certain maps, then "make a hard switch" depending on map. It's much like respec in WZ's, only in this case, it would be for a certain class.

Honestly, the simple fix is to allow said person who DC'd the option to reconnect into the match (he still loses ELO, but if reconnects ELO is restored) if still in progress. For the dude above not wanting to allow this, the system could still penalize whomever leaves the RWZ as it does now, but the option should be allowed to return and restore the ELO lost if the match is still in progress.

Yeah someone will find a way point taken.

Well maybe this is their content for the more 'hardcore PvPers' with 2.4...

Its a joke that they even made ranked warzones without the thought of people DC'ing and not being able to reconnect to the match, given their questionable server engine/connections.

Its a joke that they even made ranked warzones without the thought of people DC'ing and not being able to reconnect to the match, given their questionable server engine/connections.

All I know that if they were to implement some sort of ranking system for operations and a team would be penalized for a DC and they lost ranking it would have been fixed immediately.

All I know that if they were to implement some sort of ranking system for operations and a team would be penalized for a DC and they lost ranking it would have been fixed immediately.

HaHAHAHAHA thats great. Yeah it would have been :)

End of conversation.

You completely missed the points.

First, his team won the match. He should not lose points if his team won. He is not asking to remove a loss just because he disconnected. His. Team. Still. Won. If his team lost, fine, keep the loss on the record. But why should 7 players on teh team gain points and the person who disconnected lose points?

Second, he was not able to reconnect into the warzone and finish the game, just like PvE players get to do if they disconnect.

End of conversation.

Uh, if you lose the match you still should lose the points. OP's point is his team *won* the match. If you can win a man down, why does it matter that the guy disconnected? He gave the losing team an advantage.