1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"25 complimentary stacks of faction-based fireworks"

After all the money we consumers have spent and dealing with problems with patches and game crashes, all you can give us is some stupid firework emote crap? Party Jawas and Fireworks. Whoopdy Do. Wow....what a "celebration"....this was really well thought out heh? "sarcasm"

Id rather have some ITEMS I can use and things I actually WANT. I don't know, like being able to mod ANY gear I want, since most high end gear looks like utter crap in SWTOR. I don't know, like being able to buy the EXACT ITEM I want using my Cartel coins (which I earned) and not some idiotic box I have no idea what I will get in. I could think of many things. Not being given garbage I have no use for or could frankly care less about.

This "gift" is just a slap in the face.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Why are people asking for a permanent version of a waste of time gift?

Mount, modable adaptive celebratory armor (Statless), unique colour crystal (Red and white if that isn't already done?) something that has some gameplay use please.

I also assume that there will be a standard double xp week or something that most MMO's have at this kind of thing?

I actually do mean to sound ungrateful unlike most other people, and I hate it when devs give gifts that only a certain type of player care about and that actively annoy other type of players.

No you're wrong. I'm still enjoying the same things about this game that I enjoyed at launch. BioWare Austin has lost 100% of its passion since the layoffs and restructuring. It shows in the quality of the marketing videos they've released, it shows in this stupid fireworks announcement, it even shows in their body language on the Q&A livestreams. The people at BioWare Austin that had passion for this game are gone, fired or fled, and what we have left are professional MMO babysitters who think typical MMO things like fireworks are "good enough".

and if this isn't the only gift?

"25 complimentary stacks of faction-based fireworks"

After all the money we consumers have spent and dealing with problems with patches and game crashes, all you can give us is some stupid firework emote crap? Party Jawas and Fireworks. Whoopdy Do. Wow....what a "celebration"....this was really well thought out heh? "sarcasm"

Id rather have some ITEMS I can use and things I actually WANT. I don't know, like being able to mod ANY gear I want, since most high end gear looks like utter crap in SWTOR. I don't know, like being able to buy the EXACT ITEM I want using my Cartel coins (which I earned) and not some idiotic box I have no idea what I will get in. I could think of many things. Not being given garbage I have no use for or could frankly care less about.

This "gift" is just a slap in the face.

Cool Story. You can unsub under 'My Account'. The rest of us paid the same money and aren't acting like a spoiled child. Grow up.

As others have said its not the most creative thing in the world. I can think of games where fireworks were just another crafted item or used in a quest and really little different from the flare gun that nobody uses.

It feels like there is a lack of creative vision in the game at the moment, things like cartel items are re-coloured sets of armour already in the game, dread guard armour looks horrible but nothing has been done to improve this end game armour, non mini games and the less said about space the better. Now rather than an item that people will show of 10 years from now as being there at the 1st Anniversary we have 25 useable fireworks that most people will shoot off on the fleet and will get old very fast.

really, all we get are fireworks, no event or anything, well woopidy doo daa

you know they don't want to go over the top on the first anniversary. there have been so many great things this year that giving out more than fireworks would just be ludicrous. got your party jawa, got a taun taun pet, a couple events and went F2P what else could we want. nothing useful that's for sure. if I could shoot the fireworks at bosses that might be cool. everyone knows how important fireworks are to the Star Wars universe. they've been featured in the movies. bring on the fireworks!!

Really?? Fireworks!!! I've kind of been waiting for the one year anniversary thought this would be the time where BW would bring out the creativity and show its community what its got going on and have something unique and exciting. and they blow it by doing something other games have done before, no original, not very Star Wars, unless you count the end of the movies where they are setting fireworks off. I know that was the best part for me lol. so congrats to all the people that stuck with the game and bioware throughout the year. here's your fireworks.

you know they don't want to go over the top on the first anniversary. there have been so many great things this year that giving out more than fireworks would just be ludicrous. got your party jawa, got a taun taun pet, a couple events and went F2P what else could we want. nothing useful that's for sure. if I could shoot the fireworks at bosses that might be cool. everyone knows how important fireworks are to the Star Wars universe. they've been featured in the movies. bring on the fireworks!!

a party jawa that takes up bag space woop, a taun pet which there are about 5 different types that look identicle, and now we get fireworks woop woop, no not really. What would be better, a huge party in the cantinas to ow i dont know have an xmas party at the same time with some special dance moves just for the event that can be repeated every year on every aniversary. something to actually celebrate it.

Fireworks are just flares with a bit more glitter, its like someone sat down and went what is the least we can do to celebrate, ow i know, sparkles.

Edited by Shingara

a party jawa that takes up bag space woop, a taun pet which there are about 5 different types that look identicle, and now we get fireworks woop woop, no not really. What would be better, a huge party in the cantinas to ow i dont know have an xmas party at the same time with some special dance moves just for the event that can be repeated every year on every aniversary. something to actually celebrate it.

yep I agree anything would be better. just goes to show how much they value their player base. subscribers for a year. that should be their subscription model, in addition to cartel coins you will earn 2 fireworks a month that you can shoot off at the end of the year in a massive celebration. I'm sold renew me for another year LOL

:mad:Really SWTOR?? This is all I get for suscribing for a Year, this is all I get for playing since beta testing, really? A couple of fireworks? Come on the least you could do would be to give all the subs a couple thousand cartel coins or something big from the cartel market. I mean even Star trek online got a cool thing from their member reward program, something that they could use. Really SWTOR this is an insult.:mad:

I didn't even get the CE banner. :(

I didn't even get the CE banner. :(

You have to create another character on your server and mail them to your main and alts. If you are full on your server G I will log on to your server and send you one. I have free slots on all servers. PM me the name of server, name of character, and name of faction if you need me to help you get a CE banner. It is unfortunate but, this is the only fix for this at this time. Just chalk it up to yet another reason to see how substandard SWTOR is compared to it's competition. :cool:

Edited by Urael

You have to create another character on your server and mail them to your main and alts. If you are full on your server G I will log on to your server and send you one. I have free slots on all servers. PM me the name of server, name of character, and name of faction if you need me to help you get a CE banner. It is unfortunate but, this is the only fix for this at this time. Just chalk it up to yet another reason to see how substandard SWTOR is compared to it's competition. :cool:

Yeah I have 1 free slot left, so I might have to do that 11 times (thanks for the offer though), but it's more the principle and the sheer flipping shoddiness of them just seemingly not bothering to get it to work. :mad:

It's also slightly made pointless by all the people endlessly generating these banners and then selling them on the auction house, which doesn't really make them "CE" anymore, just another banner. :confused:

Cool Story. You can unsub under 'My Account'. The rest of us paid the same money and aren't acting like a spoiled child. Grow up.

Neither am I acting like a spoiled child. Remember, people PAY for this game, monthly. So, we expect things of quality when we pay for it. That's $180 for a year. And, all they can do is some pointless Firewoks emote?

And I don't respond to people comments rudely like you. "Cool story". That's rude man. If you think some boring fireworks emote is REALLY worthy a an entire year of paying 15 bucks a month, then that's great for you. But, you don't need to demean others who paid all this money because you disagree with them, calling them "spoiled". I am not spoiled, I paid.

We deserve much better.