false emperor got easier

at first, I thought my group just had really good dps..... but I heard others are managing it now too lol..

myself and a few friends have been killing malgus before the 3rd solo fight even starts. is this just normal for people now? I've done this twice in the last week. This fight wasn't that difficult to begin with. The only reason I can see a nerf in this fp is because it was a pain sometimes pulling malgus to the edge.

Edited by DarthMat

at first, I thought my group just had really good dps..... but I heard others are managing it now too lol..

myself and a few friends have been killing malgus before the 3rd solo fight even starts. is this just normal for people now? I've done this twice in the last week. This fight wasn't that difficult to begin with. The only reason I can see a nerf in this fp is because it was a pain sometimes pulling malgus to the edge.

This is quite normal, it has been this way for a while, people just overgear the instance now. You can actually kill him with only 1 solo fight if you have good geared DPS.

We can kill Malgus in 30s.

Just let the tank stand on one side of the hole, the dps'/heal on the very edge of the other side and wait for Malgus' first jump ^^.

I didn't know of this trick.

But I've killed several times. I think it quite doable when the last duel is with a good geared DPS and Malgus is slightly above 10%

I was in a group a while back and this trick definitely worked. The tank went to the upper right corner, the rest of us stayed on the opposite corner (with entrance to back of us). It took a couple of minutes but Malgus indeed jumped to his death.

Yeah the trick requires the entire group to be in the correct place (or get lucky), personally on dps he is so easy now I prefer to just kill him and as a healer I am never comfortable with the tank out of my range. It is more of a headache to me to get people in the right place and having them stay there until the jump.

I tanked HM this week and to my suprise we downed him right before we needed to move him. That has never happened before, and yes we were a bit over geared- Campaign/Hazmaat. Did they change the fight?

No, the way the fight works, he will call someone out to duel every so often. During the time before the duel but after you've been warned the duel is coming, and during the duel itself, he can be killed by being brought to 0 HP. During the time just after a duel, but before he has called someone else out for a duel, if he's brought to 10% HP or lower he will become invincible and have to be knocked off.

Easy trick to ensure you kill him without having to knock him off, bring him to 11% HP and stop DPS until he calls someone out for a duel, then burn him.

Edited by wadecounty

I tanked HM this week and to my suprise we downed him right before we needed to move him. That has never happened before, and yes we were a bit over geared- Campaign/Hazmaat. Did they change the fight?

Given these flashpoints are designed for people in Tionese/Columni gear it doesn't surprise me people are blowing through them wearing Black Hole / Dread Guard Gear

first time our guild group killed him with out pushing him off was late last summer.

bh gear has made the end game much simpler for many.

I downed him on my sent in a PuG before the push off stage months ago, I don't think they've changed anything just most are now going above the DPS threshold for that fight.

They should add some bonus loot to his body if you can DPS him before he becomes invulnerable, like a new pet or something.

I downed him on my sent in a PuG before the push off stage months ago, I don't think they've changed anything just most are now going above the DPS threshold for that fight.

They should add some bonus loot to his body if you can DPS him before he becomes invulnerable, like a new pet or something.

pet or mount would be nice.

no they haven't changed anything in that fight that i know of. that one they did change the quest update mechanic where now if you died before he was pushed off you could still come in and loot before getting locked out. before you were out of luck if you couldn't be rezed which happened if knocked off.