People are still passing the rakghoul plague....

Necrosia

I don't get it, the event is over and they're still passing the plague around. They're just being rude i think

And you're surprised the griefers didn't stop merely because their excuse went away?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weirdly on my server, Dalborra, the Republic side is clean and well behaved (as it was during the whole event) whilst the imperial side still has people standing at spawn to infect others, a number of them also actively running around looking for the largest number of uninfected players to explode on.

I find this neither weird nor surprising.

Fact: The original even is concluded, but the plague and DNA samples are still able to be acquired.

Fact: There is a chance that the Jawa may return at some nebulous time in the future.

Conjecture: There will be an additional event in the near future, which uses DNA, on possibly a different planet(s), and the filthy Jawa took the plague there to obtain more DNA sample. He may or may not be responsible for the original outbreak on Tatt or future places. There was mention of him being seen on Nar Shadaa, which may indicate that's the next "event" location.

It wouldn't surprise me if another event cropped up in 2-4 weeks there with different rewards.

I was leveling my Juggernaut alt, and yesterday I got to Taris. I hate Taris, long story short, a rakghoul there infected me. Blew up and got my 5 dna for it. Not sure if this is fully intentional, but it doesn't look like the plague is going away just by people slowly blowing up with it.

Then they don't seem to understand that if they end the event, they need to make all aspects of the event stop.

You don't seem to understand that it's a dangerous galaxy, if you want to be safe there are plenty of places you can go and hide in.

Weirdly on my server, Dalborra, the Republic side is clean and well behaved (as it was during the whole event) whilst the imperial side still has people standing at spawn to infect others, a number of them also actively running around looking for the largest number of uninfected players to explode on...

Republic are still standing on mailboxes and the GTN, got infected last night. There just seems to be less that are doing on Republic compared to Empire. Could be because the Empire side they stand on the fleet pass spawn point so have a better chance of getting people whilst they load.

You don't seem to understand that it's a dangerous galaxy, if you want to be safe there are plenty of places you can go and hide in.

You don't seem to understand my point.

They ended the world event, and removed the infected mobs, the event item vendor, and the kiosks associated with the event on fleet.

They should have removed the plague as well.

FYI, the plague doesn't make the galaxy dangerous, and all it does now is give players something to bother other players with. It served it's purpose, and it's purpose has passed and it should be removed now.

Edited by terminova

Hmm from the webby indicated that the plague had been spreaded beyond Taris , just wondering will there be another event in Taris...

There is a Rakghoul event ongoing on Taris now! It started December 20th, no end date has been set.

Multiple missions, heroics, no Jawa's though.

They should just make the vaccine a target-able device :)

Then those who don't like the plague can fight back.

I'm sure they won't remove the vaccine without removing the plague.

They ended the world event, and removed the infected mobs, the event item vendor, and the kiosks associated with the event on fleet.

FYI, the plague doesn't make the galaxy dangerous, and all it does now is give players something to bother other players with. It served it's purpose, and it's purpose has passed and it should be removed now.

You can avoid it. It's not hard. You can still get the vaccine. It was also stated, by BioWare, that the effects of this particular event will still be felt after we think it is done. Worst thing that can happen to you? You die and rez. Maybe have a very small repair bill. Oh goodness, you just lost 90 seconds of your life!

You can avoid it. It's not hard. You can still get the vaccine. It was also stated, by BioWare, that the effects of this particular event will still be felt after we think it is done. Worst thing that can happen to you? You die and rez. Maybe have a very small repair bill. Oh goodness, you just lost 90 seconds of your life!

I'm not talking about the effect it has on my character. I'm talking about the fact the event was ended which meant everything associated with the event should have been removed at that time or had a trigger to be removed upon zoning into the game.

Do you understand now?

I think the devs were a bit short-sighted on this one. Servers with a healthy pvp population will be passing this cr@p around until kingdom come. I don't see it dying out gradually any time soon.

Everyone saying "just take a vaccine and stop your QQ!" clearly doesn't pvp. At all. It does NOT persist through death (which will, you know, sometimes occur in WZs) but yet the disease does. Huh? I die and retain the illness but not the vaccination? Clearly a huge oversight.

On my server (Ebon Hawk) my two main toons are still regularly infected because I do a lot of WZs. I'm disinclined to spend 2k to vaccinate myself after every match when it takes 140k creds for me to remod a single suit of armor or millions of credits to purchase legacy rewards I'm saving for. Every last bit counts, and pissing it away due to a useless event is just dumb.

I'll grant it's only an inconvenience. But I play for fun, not to be irritated. It was an interesting idea, it ran it's course, let's have done with it. Doing my dailies while queueing WZs don't mix so well right now, as after every match I either need to waste 2k or just hope I won't start a stun-puke in the middle of a dicey pve fight (or blow up outright).

Not to mention seeing fart vapors issuing from all of my toons like they have the worst case of Dutch Oven in a galaxy far far away is just getting absurd.

I'm completely over it - for those that don't think PvP is passing it around, think again. I run a stealth toon in both PvP and PvE and I am absolutely FED UP with being infected ("oh look, he's dropped out of stealth again because of the plague"). Because I PvP the cost of the vaccine, which does not persist through toon death, is prohibitive.

IMO Bioware need to either:

(a) Get rid of the thing entirely; or

(b) Reduce the cost of the "vaccine" to 200 credits and make it persist through toon death.

The event was good, but its about time they woke up and realised that not everyone thinks its funny to continue the plague - for such people, which obviously includes me, a means to be exluded from the "continuing event", such as (b) above, should be provided.

From my perspective at any rate, if there is continued "extended" interference in my normal game play with extended events like this then I will be looking elsewhere for an MMO.

I agree. Was a dumb event anyway IMO. Just end the damn thing now!

I am fed up with it too. I was playing hurt all last night and got the stupid plague which caused me to. Become stunned just as I was about to force push the huttball carrier away from the goal. Bioware needs to remove this idiotic plague permanently. It is annoying, frustrating, expensive, and quite frankly lame. Why would any company impose such a thing on their customers?

I'm not talking about the effect it has on my character. I'm talking about the fact the event was ended which meant everything associated with the event should have been removed at that time or had a trigger to be removed upon zoning into the game.

Do you understand now?

Yes, you want everything pertinent to the reward removed. You can hand in your rewards and pets at the door. Codex entries as well. Oh, any experience you might have gained, too.

World events are intended to have a lasting effect on the game world. If well-planned and executed properly, their impact is felt for some time after an events conclusion. The continuing occurrences of the Plague are just one example of this.

Personally, I think the raklings should periodically explode, infecting their owner when they do all over again.

Yes, you want everything pertinent to the reward removed. You can hand in your rewards and pets at the door. Codex entries as well. Oh, any experience you might have gained, too.

World events are intended to have a lasting effect on the game world. If well-planned and executed properly, their impact is felt for some time after an events conclusion. The continuing occurrences of the Plague are just one example of this.

Personally, I think the raklings should periodically explode, infecting their owner when they do all over again.

lol I bet you are one of those peeps who think our toons should goto the bathroom and eat each day amirite? Your level of immersion in this game is different to others, if you want to travel around planets being lolinfected all the time be my guest. I didn't pay for this game to spend it dealing with the stupid things like this.

But hey different strokes for different folks right!