Masks + Hoods

DarthVindictus

Greetings everyone,

You may be interested to know we addressed the topics of hoods and helms in a recent Weekly Q&A. Here's what Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert had to say on the subject:

Relayinabox: Are there any plans for a show/hide companion headgear option?

Damion Schubert: Yep, we have plans. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but is currently in the works.

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

We hope this sheds some light on the issue. Thank you for your feedback! We continue to read the forums to find out what topics are of high interest to our players.

Edited by Parali
spelling fix

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings everyone,

You may be interested to know we addressed the topics of hoods and helms in a recent Weekly Q&A. Here's what Principle Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert had to say on the subject:

We hope this sheds some light on the issue. Thank you for your feedback! We continue to read the forums to find out what topics are of high interest to our players.

This does not help Parali. we mean HOODS working with MASKS. not turn off hoods. Hood up and hood down is fine and dandy. but after launch a large number of masks no longer work with hoods. namely the links show a list of said items.

(links contain minor spoilers)

WE need THIS:

NOT THIS: (@at 3:32)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=277409

Edit: at the person below me.

You don't get it. it worked before in the Beta. where a large portion of helmets should work with hoods by DEFAULT.

Edited by Magnusheart

This does not help Parali. we mean HOODS working with MASKS. not turn off hoods.

WE need THIS: putting in link

NOT THIS: Putting in link

No, they said they are working on adding the ability to pull up the hood on robes. That way you should be able to hide your hideous cone helmet, and enable the robes hood to show.

Edited by terminova

Greetings everyone,

You may be interested to know we addressed the topics of hoods and helms in a recent Weekly Q&A. Here's what Principle Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert had to say on the subject:

Hi, thats not what people are talking about here, while the toggle hood up/down is a nice feature it's not really relevant here.

People are basically asking are the clipping issues associated with having a mask on with the hood over the top being resolved so it can be added back into the game?

It seems many players feel hard done by that these features were heavily publicised in the promotion material yet removed for launch. A quick update on the progress and maybe a possible eta would be bang on. :D

Hi, thats not what people are talking about here, while the toggle hood up/down is a nice feature it's not really relevant here.

People are basically asking are the clipping issues associated with having a mask on with the hood over the top being resolved so it can be added back into the game?

It seems many players feel hard done by that these features were heavily publicised in the promotion material yet removed for launch. A quick update on the progress and maybe a possible eta would be bang on. :D

That is what people are talking about...they want to be able to have their robe's hood up with a mask...and that is what they are doing. Clipping issues are a separate issue that is probably being worked on with the hood change.

That is what people are talking about...they want to be able to have their robe's hood up with a mask...and that is what they are doing. Clipping issues are a separate issue that is probably being worked on with the hood change.

wrong. Your thinking about what WE WANT.

The hood up and down feature will make it so people can toggle hoods up and down, and has been given no evidence of working with serveral masks (helmets) that they were suppoed too an did during the beta

edit: yiik new page. imma copy my pervious post

Greetings everyone,

This does not help Parali. we mean HOODS working with MASKS. not turn off hoods. Hood up and hood down is fine and dandy. but after launch a large number of masks no longer work with hoods. namely the links show a list of said items.

(links contain minor spoilers)

WE need THIS:

NOT THIS: (@at 3:32)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=277409

Edited by Magnusheart

wrong. Your thinking about what WE WANT.

The hood up and down feature will make it so people can toggle hoods up and down, and has been given no evidence of working with serveral masks (helmets) that they were suppoed too an did during the beta

A lack of evidence doesn't mean they aren't working on that.

A lack of evidence doesn't mean they aren't working on that.

Yea but thats not how things work really, burden of proof and all that. Your argument is the same one behind pastafarianism.

If they are working on it all it working on it a simple "We are working it and we anticipate it back in the game around [enter date]" would answer pretty much every thread which has been created by people who want this feature back, myself included.

We could say they're working implementing a race of crab people since the lack of evidence to support that doesn't mean its not happening. Its much easier to work on what you do know rather than speculate on things there is no evidence for ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings everyone,

You may be interested to know we addressed the topics of hoods and helms in a recent Weekly Q&A. Here's what Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert had to say on the subject:

This really doesnt answer our question at all... Fine that you'll beable to toggle hood up/down. the issue is, what we want to know is if masks will still remain visable if we toggle the hood up.

• 3 weeks later...
This really doesnt answer our question at all... Fine that you'll beable to toggle hood up/down. the issue is, what we want to know is if masks will still remain visable if we toggle the hood up.

My understanding was you'll be able to force your hood up with that option, even if wearing a helmet...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Must say, it would be very nice if the Hood toggle was in; so much other stuff seems to be devoted to just "looking good", and having a choice on my hood would be a simple element of that. In canon, most Jedi don't keep their hoods up most of the time; I've almost forgotten what my Guardian's hair looks like, as his moddable robes have stayed better than other stuff I've found (unlike my other moddable gear). I would very much like to toggle that up or down, as much as I'd like to have the "Hide Headgear on Companion" option; Kira's hat makes her look like a nun, or something.

Please, give us the hood toggle, Bioware?

Heh, I just had the dumbest thing with my Miraluka JK. Chest has a hood, it was working fine ... put on one of those cheap "headband" helmet and now my hood is gone. The funny *cough* completely retarded part? Because im Miraluka, I still can see my "headband" Bioware took it upon themselves to decide wether I care about clipping.

Dear Bioware "programmers" and "experienced designers" give us the toggle option for hood and head piece and get the **** out!

• 5 months later...

some hoods works with some masks,

exapmles:

light armor: supreme inquisitor robe + Force lords mk1 mask.

medium armor: Xenotech weaponmaster vest + Battlemaster weaponmaster headgear.

heavy armor: Various hooded lvl 50 robes + breather helmets. (malgus style)

also you got adaptive armor with working hoods. revan mask will work with any hooded armor set.

Seriously, why was this changed from beta where you could wear a mask with a hood over top. Certain characters in the game don't look right not having a hood over their mask. In particular, a certain Dark Lord of the Sith who made his debut in Knights of the Old Republic. He looks ridiculous without the hood, and so does my character.

What? you mean you WERE able to wear a hood over the mask in beta? Well then removing such feature was one of the dumbest ideas they ever had. I hope one day they will bring it back. There's very VERY few masks that work under a hood. I'd love it if more worked.

Not to mention in beta us Twi'lek's had our lekku tucked forward for hoods... Now we do not have them all, because scrubs had problems with clipping.

You mean Twi'lek's could also wear hoods? OMG Beta was probably much better than current state of the game. I guess the problem during beta was that they listened too much (to wrong people) and now they don't listen enough...

Edited by Aelther

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Also, Phantom's Helmet, and Classic Phantom's Helmet SHOULD really fit inside hoods! I want to be able to have hood up, while having a mask inside, it looks way more sinister than the hood being removed when showing the helmet, this really needs to be fixed asap, as its ruining ones interest in playing that character ...

Its been an issue since launch. There was alot of clipping with the hood and mask combo so BW removed it altogether and are very slowly adding it back in. Unfortunately its been painfully slow. I've personally given up asking... I'd rather they add better looking gear which in itself could be the answer.

• 3 months later...

Twi'leks Lekku move...they aren't stuck at the back of their heads, so give us the option to move them forward, throw them over one shoulder or the other, wrap them around the head, or turn them off when wearing hoods and helmets! This is a video game, so the laws of reality don't define what we can and can't do, only our imaginations. The screaming masses have wanted this kind of change, along with Hood Up / Down since Beta and Launch. Unfortunately, too many mishandlings and botched patches have crushed the hopes and cares of the vocal many, most of which probably stopped playing all together. That doesn't mean these kinds of changes aren't still wanted, on the contrary these changes would spark the flame of rekindled hope and desire to play this game in most Twi'leks. Even just having every species able to put our Hoods up and down would be a huge step towards showing the players, AKA the money, that we're in good hands after all! Please, realize that the aesthetic quality and freedom in SWTOR is terribly lacking and hurts the game. We've been patient enough! Start releasing changes that let every player choose how they want to look, finally, after a year and a half, let us wear our helmets with hoods up, or down, let Twi'leks wear Hoods, even if it means employing this kind of change, which would be simple and quick:

Lekku Fix:

The fix is pretty simple: Redesign the Lekku as a detached item that is just barely jammed into the back of thehead, connecting two points of reference so the Lekku can stick to something while they move. In order to give them that look of being naturally connected and free moving, you just make a tiny portion of the Lekku, from the connector point inside the head to about 1/4 of an inch outside of it as locked and motionless, while the rest of the segment has whatever flexor design they use already. This way we keep the Lekku looking the way they do, with whatever touch ups they need to do in editing to make everything look natural, yet, when we want our damn hoods up or our helmets on, then we can turn these excess items off, leaving just a normal Humanoid head for the helmet to fit on.

Let us play SWTOR the way it should be played, the way we've all wanted to since we were kids, since we first fell in love with St Wars: Let us play our way!