Lower the healing received bonus from expertise.

NathanielStarr

Healing is much higher than dps making a healer worth more than 1 dps player. That shouldn't be the case. Skill should be what makes a player worth more not class, but with the expertise system I think they could make some easy adjustments.

Lets discuss a change to how valor boosts healing. I personally think it doesn't need to boost healing at all and maybe bring dps up a bit or even lower the dps reduction from expertise?

You can't just argue that 1 healer > 1 dps.

If your team already has 3 healers then it's 1 dps >> 1 healer.

It's all about a balanced composition, a healer without a guard can't stay alive for long when focused.

Edited by Venjirai

I would also just like to say that healing is more difficult in general than dps or tanking(maybe). You need to be aware of your health, your teams health, enemies attacking you, cc, the objective etc. Where as dps really just has to kill stuff and do the objective. I realize that right now healers played well are a little OP but they should be. You should need 2 dps or 1 dps 1 tank to kill a good healer. Or else they are just fodder without a tank.

Mark the healer and tell people to attack them.

I would also just like to say that healing is more difficult in general than dps or tanking(maybe). You need to be aware of your health, your teams health, enemies attacking you, cc, the objective etc. Where as dps really just has to kill stuff and do the objective. I realize that right now healers played well are a little OP but they should be. You should need 2 dps or 1 dps 1 tank to kill a good healer. Or else they are just fodder without a tank.

I have mained as a sage seer for a while and recently switched to DPS as healing output couldn't match some of the other classes. I think your statement is a little unfair since each of the roles in an MMO (dps, healer, tank) have their intricacies. I find both roles equally challenging because situational awareness is required whatever role you play.

If you think DPS are only supposed to kill stuff you have been playing wrong. Try peeling for other players instead of mindlessly hitting things.

I would also just like to say that healing is more difficult in general than dps or tanking(maybe). You need to be aware of your health, your teams health, enemies attacking you, cc, the objective etc.

In PvE, it's generally harder than DPS - but depends on the fight, e.g. TFB heals are brain off mode - and way easier than tanking.

In PvP, no way. All roles are about equally difficult. Healing, if anything, can be sometimes - with good DPS and tanks that is - easier, as you can just tunnel on the health bars, and the rest are doing objectives.

Well I think it is worth considering. It would actually be best if the expertise could adjust for the number of dps vs. healers. Say you get into a match against 3 healers and you have 1, what would make the match more competitive? It can be really annoying because of the crap luck of the draw, especially when for example it is Imperial vs. Imperial and one side has 3 healers and the other has none.

Adjusting how expertise affects the characters is one way to alter the game without touching PvE.

@OP, at this point in the game anyone who complains about killing a healer is just... bad.

Unless a healer is being cross-healed/peeled/protected they are extremely easy to shutdown/kill.

As much as I hate to say this, this is truly a L2P issue.

@OP, at this point in the game anyone who complains about killing a healer is just... bad.

Unless a healer is being cross-healed/peeled/protected they are extremely easy to shutdown/kill.

As much as I hate to say this, this is truly a L2P issue.

Right, because yelling "L2P!!!" is so much more convincing that a post with actual facts and evidence.

Healing is much higher than dps making a healer worth more than 1 dps player. That shouldn't be the case. Skill should be what makes a player worth more not class, but with the expertise system I think they could make some easy adjustments.

Lets discuss a change to how valor boosts healing. I personally think it doesn't need to boost healing at all and maybe bring dps up a bit or even lower the dps reduction from expertise?

you can't balance healing with expertise, if you lower the healing bonus from expertise raid gear will be bis for healers. You would have to use the trauma debuff.

Right, because yelling "L2P!!!" is so much more convincing that a post with actual facts and evidence.

What facts do you want, screenshots with healers taking double digit deaths, or perhaps combat logs, or maybe even statements from multiple other pvpers who have no issue killing healers?

The facts are there, just zone into a WZ and look at the scoreboard at the end of a match... 1 person might break 1k dps, most struggle to do 200k damage and come out with DPS in the very very low triple digits... now flip it and watch what happens when you have a group of 3-4 (or god forbid 5-6) dps who are hitting 1-1.5k dps and compare the difference, healer smelt under this kind of dps, and 1k dps is not even that big of a deal anymore.

Honestly, how can people play match after match and watch another dps do between 1 - 2 million damage while they are struggling to break 200-300k and not realize that they are doing something wrong?

Press buttons, understand how your skills synergize and what order you should use them in, HIT THE SAME PERSON that the other person on your team is hitting... really basic concepts that would cure 99% of the complaints on this forum.

P.S. if you read the OP's other post it becomes clear that healing is not the issue, it is the lack of proper matchmaking putting teams with zero healers against teams with multiple healers, breaking healing does not solve this.

Edited by alexsamma

The facts are there, just zone into a WZ and look at the scoreboard at the end of a match... 1 person might break 1k dps, most struggle to do 200k damage and come out with DPS in the very very low triple digits... now flip it and watch what happens when you have a group of 3-4 (or god forbid 5-6) dps who are hitting 1-1.5k dps and compare the difference, healer smelt under this kind of dps, and 1k dps is not even that big of a deal anymore.

Honestly, how can people play match after match and watch another dps do between 1 - 2 million damage while they are struggling to break 200-300k and not realize that they are doing something wrong?

Press buttons, understand how your skills synergize and what order you should use them in, HIT THE SAME PERSON that the other person on your team is hitting... really basic concepts that would cure 99% of the complaints on this forum.

Quoted for truth. Anyone who complains about healers is nothing more then a baddie DPS player. Playing against teams with that kind of DPS is impossible to outheal even if you are the best healer in the world. Heals are in a decent place right now.

What facts do you want, screenshots with healers taking double digit deaths, or perhaps combat logs, or maybe even statements from multiple other pvpers who have no issue killing healers?

P.S. if you read the OP's other post it becomes clear that healing is not the issue, it is the lack of proper matchmaking putting teams with zero healers against teams with multiple healers, breaking healing does not solve this.

+ 1 million.

Healing is fine in this game. If the healer is good, unguarded Put 1 good dps on them, they can stay alive sure but they will be more focused on healing themselves if a good dmg dealer is constantly sitting on them, so they aren't doing much healing on the team (maybe a hot or 2 if scoundrel) put 2 good dps on them they will go down unless they get the hell out of there.. away from healing the team.

Adding a guard obviously makes things more difficult for the dps but thats the job of a tank in pvp.. :p

The healing is "OP" issue comes from guys seeing 3 bad dps sitting on a healer who can tank there dmg because they do not know how to play there class.. plain and simple. I have done a fair bit of both deeps and healing in pvp so i am speaking from personal experience here..

Edited by AngusFTW

Are you serious? If a healer can't outheal 1 dps than the whole class is useless.

you can't balance healing with expertise, if you lower the healing bonus from expertise raid gear will be bis for healers. You would have to use the trauma debuff.

Those are both exactly the same thing in the context you're talking about.

EDIT Read OP's name. Move along folks, it ain't worth it.

Edited by CaptainApop

Those are both exactly the same thing in the context you're talking about.

EDIT Read OP's name. Move along folks, it ain't worth it.

it's not the same because 78 level gets only like 1000 expertise from bolster, so it would be hit a lot less hard from a healing bonus nerf than 2008 expertise gear. The trauma debuff in warzones is universal no matter the gear. And for healers it's already pretty close with high level pve gear. Pvp gear is better but only by very little.

If you think DPS are only supposed to kill stuff you have been playing wrong. Try peeling for other players instead of mindlessly hitting things.

This. Keep aggro off of your healers. Everyone wants heals in pvp, yet so few people actually protect healers. I love nothing more than sitting there healing through aggro thinking, "Gee, well I'll just wait for my team to come and back me up" only to have them run by and die a short time later.

My main character is my sorc healer and my second is my op healer (for both PvE and PvP) and I can safely say that in PvP dps is harder (at least for me). It might be because I don't play smash or VG or sniper though ... Everyone who plays those classes says they are "ezmode".