So, er, is everyone Sith?

Deimias

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on Ebon Hawk with characters on both sides of the album, and honestly the poplulation on fleet on both usually seems pretty equal. Jumped onto Tython last night and there were 135 people leveling up new Republic Toons, so I think it's pretty even.

Personally, I enjoy both, but I do have to admit the Empire storylines seem a bit more "dynamic".

As a Sith Lord everyone bows to you - they fear you, you remind them to watch their tone's etc. You Feel power and you feel it growing. Some of the choices you make can indeed label you a mass murder or a reformist within the Empire.

As for the Jedi, it's like the whole galaxy lost respect for them. Everyone thinks they can take you on. Its a constant upward battle for you and you are always being asked by everyone for aid.

The Empire: You lead efforts to conquer worlds and break newly formed colonies. Republic: is the opposite.

I like the Republic worlds better in all honestly. I love all the first act worlds on both sides. But the stories through out them all - i tend to like being Republic.

BUT i have 3 level 50 sith inquisitor's and 1 jug. I have one level 50 Jedi Sage (which was my first toon)

I've played both sides and while I enjoyed the Imp storylines well enough (though they have a predictable sameness, as regards to ******* **** ****), when I hit 50 with the Imps, I'm done with them and use my Pubs to farm the dailies for creds. Once I finish this last Imp I'm currently working on, I miiight go back and farm with the BH a bit, he was a pretty kick-butt class iirc.

I'm on Ebon Hawk with characters on both sides of the album, and honestly the poplulation on fleet on both usually seems pretty equal. Jumped onto Tython last night and there were 135 people leveling up new Republic Toons, so I think it's pretty even.

Personally, I enjoy both, but I do have to admit the Empire storylines seem a bit more "dynamic".

Nah.. Empire has more players on The Ebon Hawk. I play lately both classes and there is no question about it I would say 1.5:1

Of course it helps that I have 12 Imerial toons and 4 Reps.

Edited by Evensong

Add the jedi robe from the jedi creation screen to the game and more people will play republic.

currently reps have ugly gear .

Sad thing is even the developers realized the republic equipment was ugly. Unless I'm misremembering, Kira Carson (JK companion) says something to the effect of how all the fashion designers must have gone over to the empire..

Edited by GnatB

To those saying the Reps have ugly gear, are you sure your looking? Like actually looking? Cause on my Rep toons, I have found some nice gear to wear. You can also get something similar to what the jedi wear on the character creation screen.

Its called the jedi battlelord gear. Its what I got on my jedi.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

My impressions from the forums... are that most people are Sith. People say Sith storylines are better, people use the sith equivalents of classes to refer to them, I've even read that Sith character animations are better! (my jugg disagrees though)

So, are you Sith? And should I bother going Pub (I want to see all the class quests)?

I don't preffer any "force user" classes for either faction. While I do have characters that are force users I preffer the stories for the non-force using classes for both factions. I find the imperial stories to be far superior to the republic stories in style and substance with the IA story being the best in the game. While the Empire is totalitarian and corrupt in nature, they don't hide it ... the Republic on the other hand is even more corrupt with many of the stories having you to do things that would seem out of character for "being the good guys". In the SWTOR universe there are no "good guys" both factions are equally reprehensible. :cool:

Edited by Urael

You can tell most people play Sith because if they didn't, you'd see less demands for KOTOR3. What I mean by that is the fact that the Jedi Knight story is in fact KOTOR3. It is written by Drew Karpyshin (SP) and ties up a lot of loose ends from both previous KOTOR games. Plus it's just all around one of the best stories in the game.

If more people played the JK up to 50, you'd probably see a lot more people playing Republic. Because it's a direct tie in to Knights of the Old Republic.

Nah.. Empire has more players on The Ebon Hawk. I play lately both classes and there is no question about it I would say 1.5:1

Nope, nowhere close to that discrepancy. It's pretty even, with a slight edge to the Empire. Having said that, there are more Republic PvPers on TEH.

I've been playing Republic almost exclusively since launch.

My Sith are still level 1, sitting on the entrance ramp down to Korriban. Just not interested enough in the Empire storylines to start with them at the moment. I'm not even interested in doing it for the 15 levels just so that I can start to snag some of the HK-51 stuff... LOL.

In the SWTOR universe there are no "good guys" both factions are equally reprehensible. :cool:

Still there's a huge difference between being corrupt... and being a criminal state, torturing, mass killing, using slavery, genocidal weapons, ... you see the difference in term of good and bad, right? Tell me that you see it...

I would gladly move to a Jedi if I had a hood toggle. I raid hard with my republic guild but i still spend more time with my sith because of lack of it.

Have you ever made a forum post, where you - DIDN'T - mention this "hood issue" you so vocally herald? :D

Still there's a huge difference between being corrupt... and being a criminal state, torturing, mass killing, using slavery, genocidal weapons, ... you see the difference in term of good and bad, right? Tell me that you see it...

General Garza, Republic Senators: Corruption incarnate. And yes there are things in the stories of the republic that equally messure up to what you have described: Belsavis. Don't get me started on the freaking murder sprees that Jedi undertake. :cool:

Edited by Urael

Well the game has done a good job about showing the hypocrisy of the Republic. They do most of the same things the Sith does ... the Sith just do it openly. A ton of the story arcs with the Republic is about corruption as well.

I won't argue though that the Sith are far more evil than good but the story also does a good job telling how infighting between ruling factions struggle with the direction the Empire should be taking. I'd like to point out the differences between Sith and the Empire. There are many within the Empire that would very much love to see the Sith far less in control of it.

Edited by Tamanous

General Garza, Republic Senators: Corruption incarnate. And yes there are things in the stories of the republic that equally messure up to what you have described: Belsavis. :cool:

You are not possibly comparing Republic corruption to Imperial genocide. George Lucas himself has said this is not debatable. Star Wars was always conceived of as a Saturday morning serial with no grey areas. The good guys wear white hats, the bad guys wear black hats. Period.

I don't care what the EU has said or any other supplemental material that might support your view. This is not Babylon 5 or Battlestar Galactica. It is Star Wars which was always aimed at a younger audience. Therefore, you have clear-cut light and dark side choices here.

There is no ambiguity. Even though you can create a neutral character in this game, the two factions couldn't be more different. One side is driven by mostly politics (Republic), which is why you have corruption. The other side is driven by a theological hatred dating back thousands of years. Have you even done any of the Imperial quests?

My impressions from the forums... are that most people are Sith.

Sith are pompous and boring as hell. Really, really, boring.

I'm a chilled, laid-back, sarcastic Republic smuggler. :D

Gunslinger > Sniper. 30 meters isn't really "sniping", so running with 2 blasters really seems way more fun than running with a sniper rifle.

Well the game has done a good job about showing the hypocrisy of the Republic. They do most of the same things the Sith does ... the Sith just do it openly. A ton of the story arcs with the Republic is about corruption as well.

I won't argue though that the Sith are far more evil than good but the story also does a good job telling how infighting between ruling factions struggle with the direction the Empire should be taking. I'd like to point out the differences between Sith and the Empire. There are many within the Empire that would very much love to see the Sith far less in control of it.

And because of this, I actually see the Empire overall the more noble of the two factions. The republic is sliding into decay. The Empire (those against the Sith) are attempting to change the Empire for the better (plenty of examples of this if one plays a lightside Empire Character). :cool:

Edited by Urael

You are not possibly comparing Republic corruption to Imperial genocide. George Lucas himself has said this is not debatable. Star Wars was always conceived of as a Saturday morning serial with no grey areas. The good guys wear white hats, the bad guys wear black hats. Period.

I don't care what the EU has said or any other supplemental material that might support your view. This is not Babylon 5 or Battlestar Galactica. It is Star Wars which was always aimed at a younger audience. Therefore, you have clear-cut light and dark side choices here.

There is no ambiguity. Even though you can create a neutral character in this game, the two factions couldn't be more different. One side is driven by mostly politics (Republic), which is why you have corruption. The other side is driven by a theological hatred dating back thousands of years. Have you even done any of the Imperial quests?

You are arguing apples and oranges. This is not about Lucas or the EU. This is about how SWTOR is presenting the stories of the republic and the empire. IMNSHO they are going against what you have stated. To me the Empire is the more virtuous of the two factions because there are plenty of elements of striving for redemption (you see this if you play LS Empire). The republic is nothing but, a slide into decay (no matter if you are LS or DS).

Edited by Urael