Having other toons as companions

Saito_Hiraga

Yeah I know it sounds crazy but each time I check my Legacy Family Tree I stay thinking, damnit! my character is married to a girl that he has never even meet face to face, and have a son that he doesnt even knows how it looks like, his son has rival he has never meet or fought even once and he has an ally that never did something for him, other one has a brother that he never even knew he had (I know maybe they were took away after being born but if your story is not supposed to go like that dude ***?!) and that brother addopted a child he doesnt even know how the hell happened...

The point is, there should be a way to import al least one other character (with the possibility to switch him with another one whenever you want) to have him go around with you as your companion and have him fight along you (I.A. controlled of course) using the skills you trained on him while using it.

In the customization aspect maybe it should be locked for this kind of companion or even better to have the posibility to change their gear and have those changes being reflected on the original character.

I know there may be issues with the bounded items a solution could be that you can only change bound to legacy gear on them.

About dialogs they could say simple stuff like the dialogs that you listen with some emotes, or even dont say anything at all.

At least having a legacy related with you is already cool enough.

Edited by Saito_Hiraga

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

OR, make it to where you can only have one active AI Character Companion on a server at a time. To activate it, we could pay credits or even cartel coins, because we all know that Bioware loves their Cartel Market :).

This is a brilliant idea because my main, Rikor, hates Quinns healing and to have my sorcerer as his apprentice, healing him up, that would be just awesome.

It worked for Guild Wars classic!

The way I see it, just get the class and gender voice actors back to record a few, random combat lines, let the player, on making the NPC version of their character have a handful of "personality" choices. Such as "lightside, darkside, neutral" and a short lift of dialogue actions they prefer just for the heck of it if we want to. (So you can gain affection with the companion version of your character, it just does nothing, really)

As much as I already love Kira in the game, I'd totally sign this, many a times I'd have characters who are friends and tell stories but never get to go out and DO said things.

Obviously I know this won't be in the current game plans for the next year or so but it would be cool to see down the road along with hood toggle, chair sitting, racing, and pazzak. Oh and guild ships.

As much as I already love Kira in the game, I'd totally sign this, many a times I'd have characters who are friends and tell stories but never get to go out and DO said things.

Obviously I know this won't be in the current game plans for the next year or so but it would be cool to see down the road along with hood toggle, chair sitting, racing, and pazzak. Oh and guild ships.

Yeah! I was thinking just the same, its weird to be married with someone you have never ever been along with, and also more weird to have a child with her after all the already said stuff... unless she's getting along with someone else while you dont see... ewe (k thats another story xD)

I love Ashara in game (I have certain weakness aganist Togrutas... S:) but I would be happy to have my Legacy wife along with me...

Thanks for supporting my idea people Im glad to have contributed something nice to the Suggestion Box :)

Legit idea. Would be realy cool if they could gain XP while acting as a comp. Even if it was a very small amount. any extra helps.

Sadly I think they would disagree on this, and I do it to somehow, because if I can lv up other characters like this I would go all the way to 50 like this and I'll miss all the enjoyment of playing trought the story with the other character.

I would enjoy this even if I get no XP for my imported companion.

• 8 months later...

This idea is even better than a "pet companion" idea I had.

We have passive robots, animals, and model ships following us around on adventures. They don't run off during battle, they don't fade away during battle, they don't fight during battle. Plus there's already programming that allows humanoid NPCs to follow you around. So, just for the fun of it, I'd like to see a Companion pet.

The item starts off blank. When you deploy it for the first time, you're taken to a character creation screen to make it as though you were making a new character. Creation options can possibly have the same restrictions as you do. Or, since it's purely a vanity item, it can have unrestricted creation options. (Species, hair color, all that stuff you normally have to unlock for yourself.) Then, you get to name it. (Without having that pesky name restriction SWTOR has.) And it becomes deployable like a pet. SWTOR might have to add in a Report Pet Name button, just for the measure of it. But some people probably want a custom companion to follow them around. You'd even be able to dress it in the armor of your choosing. (No unlimited option there, just give them the armor you can afford.)

This would be the best thing ever! (okay, some hyperbole there, but you get the idea :D )

Of course there would need to be some restrictions, both so as to prevent Republic Troopers from having Sith Lords following them around and to not make the Companion-alts so appealing and easy to get that the regular Companions became rarely used in comparison. For example:

- A character must be level 50 and/or have completed their class story in order to be unlocked as a Companion-alt.

- Sith, Jedi, Agents, and Troopers are faction restricted.

- You cannot use a character of the same class as a Companion (identical voice! Possibly could use opposite gender).

- Legacy level requirement: Not very high, but not so low that someone that has been playing casually for a couple months could meet the requirement.

IMHO this could encourage people to play the game more. I know I'd make and level a brand new Juggernaut just to be a Companion for my Inquisitor.

Shouldn't that be faction restricted? I mean, I could totally see a Trooper hanging out with a Sith Inquisitor.

Like lord scourge and the knight?

I would love to have alts as companions, but for it to happen it will need to be kept simple.

Either skins for existing compatible companions, or a single extra companion.

- A character must be level 50 and/or have completed their class story in order to be unlocked as a Companion-alt.

- Sith, Jedi, Agents, and Troopers are faction restricted.

- You cannot use a character of the same class as a Companion (identical voice! Possibly could use opposite gender).

- Legacy level requirement: Not very high, but not so low that someone that has been playing casually for a couple months could meet the requirement.

-The completed class story its good as a restriction I believe the game may have its issues if you introduce this kind of companions to certain areas.

-The faction restriction is not needed, I mean, everyone has their own RP stories and everyone can find a way to explain what's a trooper doing along with an agent and a Jedi along with a Sith (Actually the Knight has a Sith companion). Legacy Tree was intended for that.

-That could be solved by different ways, either the add a new voice for them while you have them as companions (which may be expensive and odd to see your alt with a changed voice), mute them, or simply leaving them as they are (I doubt the voice thing might be a big problem).

-I would vote for a legacy lv10 requirement maybe.

Even if they wouldn't be able to fight and act nothing more than as 'pets' it would be cool. Would love to be able to show my alts when I'm playing on my main.

That could work for RP but it would be a little sad if you are unable to fight along with your most valuable ally or your beloved wife/husband

That is actually a REALLY nice idea. It would always remain the same level as you, and so on. The gear would be a problem, I think perhaps you'd have to outfit it yourself or something, since it would be an issue with different levels of the character.

Conversations could be a problem, I guess you just miss out on points or something. Some mission require a normal companion though and I guess then you just have to have that normal character with you. apart from that, it's totally doable. I love it. It would be unique and a very strong selling point for the game.