Athiss - Second Boss Question

I think it's the second Boss anyhow - The Sith Fella that "Poison Gas" Bombs random party members. I can clearly see the animation of the "gas explosion" on the ground after it happens, but I am not seeing any visual warning ahead of time to alert me as to who or when it will happen. Am I missing anything there or do we just roll with it? As a Level 22 Sage/Healer, my force power dries up very early trying to recover the folks who get hit by the gas. What's the secret to making this fight run a little more smoothly?

Thank you

Are you talking about the final boss in Athiss that put a crushing affliction on random party members? If so that encounter is pretty hard to heal through for force healers.

At 22, you don't have purge so you can't cleanse it off. I recommend shielding party members who got it (you will know cuz that person will take a huge dip in health, the boss iteself doesn't hit hard at all) and be very conservative with your force. if you run out, you can do consumption (or whatever the republic version is called) to very low health and then use a medpack to give you back "free" health.

Check out my guide here, it has a video of the fight.

http://dulfyforce.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/flashpoint-guideathiss/