Consular class story

Loopy

Please tell me it gets better.

*spoiler alert*

Ok so my entire Chapter 1 was basically this: "go to planet - fight jedi - shield jedi, go to planet - fight jedi - shield jedi, rinse and repeat, boss fight, end of chapter". The only redeeming aspect of this Chapter is the big reveal from the boss.

Being a big fan of Bioware's story telling, this really disappointed me. I asked a friend of mine who finished the Consular story and he assured me that Chapter 2 gets a LOT better.

Ok, so far: "Impress the alliance, go to planet - defeat imps and liberate the ENTIRE PLANET almost single-handedly, nope not impressed yet". This is where i'm up to now. I really hope that the cliche ends soon. A lot of people did mention that Consular story is one of the weaker ones in ToR. I'm hoping that it's not true but it's not looking good so far.

Please assure me that it's worth sticking with it until the end.

Edited by Loopy

Please use spoiler tags rather than just posting *spoiler alert*, or consider posting in the spoliers forum.

As to your question, how can anyone else tell you what you will like? The only person who can know what you'll enjoy is you.

I find the Consular story as good as any, and in some respects enjoy it better than, say, Smuggler in terms of Chapter One payoff. But people like different things. You may feel differently.

Edited by Uluain

That's how I felt.....I kind of wanted to be DS consular but it appeared that it was a waste of time and I was clearly being pushed into being LS. So I ended up grey....

Oh, don't give up! I love my totally nonsensical, psychopath of a DS counselor.

She has killed more jedi than any dark lord of the Sith and is proud of it!

Please tell me it gets better.

*spoiler alert*

Ok so my entire Chapter 1 was basically this: "go to planet - fight jedi - shield jedi, go to planet - fight jedi - shield jedi, rinse and repeat, boss fight, end of chapter". The only redeeming aspect of this Chapter is the big reveal from the boss.

Being a big fan of Bioware's story telling, this really disappointed me. I asked a friend of mine who finished the Consular story and he assured me that Chapter 2 gets a LOT better.

Ok, so far: "Impress the alliance, go to planet - defeat imps and liberate the ENTIRE PLANET almost single-handedly, nope not impressed yet". This is where i'm up to now. I really hope that the cliche ends soon. A lot of people did mention that Consular story is one of the weaker ones in ToR. I'm hoping that it's not true but it's not looking good so far.

Please assure me that it's worth sticking with it until the end.

Aw. I liked the Tattooine Jedi. I forget the proper name of his job, but he was the guy that studied different cultures by living and working with them for years. Gave me a nice RP idea for my Shadow and Sentinel.

So...I'm leveling a LS Trooper and my Guild Leader on Empire Side is leveling a Dark Consular. We're nearing the end of Ch 1 on Alderaan.

After leveling 3 toons on Empire (and looking at the videos of the class story), I can say without reservation, that the Consular Story is such a terrible snooze fest that I exit all of his cut scenes. I can't hit "exit" quick enough. Worse yet, the DS Consular conversation choices are more cringe-worthy than anything the cartoonishly evil Inquisitor can select. I mean, the Inquisitor story after Ch 1 is a hot mess (multiple other threads on this point), but at least the conversations had me laughing pretty much non stop. Yes, you are Gargamel-crazy evil, and that's hilarious (see: "My Sith is a Jerk" on You Tube, Parts 1-8). But the DS Consular choices don't seem to make a whole lot of sense, and the Voice Actor doesn't even seem to try to make the DS choices sound credible. Just my opinion; some people really dig the story.

The upside is, everyone I've talked to who plays a Shadow really enjoys it at endgame. So, I suppose you can try pvp leveling and just wait until the last possible moment to finish class stories. I deleted my JC at lvl 14 to make room, and don't regret it. Enjoying the Trooper story so far.

The upside is, everyone I've talked to who plays a Shadow really enjoys it at endgame. So, I suppose you can try pvp leveling and just wait until the last possible moment to finish class stories. I deleted my JC at lvl 14 to make room, and don't regret it. Enjoying the Trooper story so far.

That's basically what's keeping me playing my shadow. It an extremely fun class to play. I got to Quesh and i can already see that it's gonna be the same old same old. Oh well, at least the Sith Inquisitor story seems to be pretty interesting in Ch.1

So...I'm leveling a LS Trooper and my Guild Leader on Empire Side is leveling a Dark Consular. We're nearing the end of Ch 1 on Alderaan.

After leveling 3 toons on Empire (and looking at the videos of the class story), I can say without reservation, that the Consular Story is such a terrible snooze fest that I exit all of his cut scenes. I can't hit "exit" quick enough. Worse yet, the DS Consular conversation choices are more cringe-worthy than anything the cartoonishly evil Inquisitor can select. I mean, the Inquisitor story after Ch 1 is a hot mess (multiple other threads on this point), but at least the conversations had me laughing pretty much non stop. Yes, you are Gargamel-crazy evil, and that's hilarious (see: "My Sith is a Jerk" on You Tube, Parts 1-8). But the DS Consular choices don't seem to make a whole lot of sense, and the Voice Actor doesn't even seem to try to make the DS choices sound credible. Just my opinion; some people really dig the story.

It's that bad as DS JC?

However I think most of the Inquisitor's dark side choices make sense while the story is not impressing, I didn't really kill many people but still went quite high and got the title of Nox.

That's basically what's keeping me playing my shadow. It an extremely fun class to play. I got to Quesh and i can already see that it's gonna be the same old same old. Oh well, at least the Sith Inquisitor story seems to be pretty interesting in Ch.1

I think chapter 2 is the best part of SI's story. At least you manipulate, avenge and settle deal with ghosts.

It's that bad as DS JC?

Again, opinion only. My favorite story hands down was the Imperial Agent, and that's the polar opposite of the JC. But from I've seen, yeah it's pretty terrible.

Last night my GL and I finished our class quests on Alderaan (the following is a minor spoiler at the end of JC quest CH 1, read at your own risk)...

...I went with him because he was a little too low for the 31 Elite he had to take down. So, as a Dark JC on Alderaan you end up killing the masters you are trying to purge the darkness from. As anticipated, the cutscene that followed was just fracking painful. The nobles express shock that the JC killed the master, how will we have the peace summit now, blah blah blah. And the JC delivers the line, something like "That sounds very much like your problem and very little like mine."

Just...tragic. As I said before, the voice actor just didn't even try to make the delivery believable. I mentioned this to my buddy, and he said "well, it's funny!" And I said "well, it's funny because it's soooo bad, not funny because it's humorous." I've heard that on Pub toons, cannon is LS and Imp is DS. But imho, even the few light side choices I made on my SI sounded credible. I guess Bioware decided that a DS JC would be way too far fetched to actually exist, and would strictly be for bad-movie yuks only.

An an example, on the SI, one of the stock lines is "Will there be plenty of DEATH involved???" or when two Pub grunts are begging for their lives on Belsavis, and you choose dark option to kill them, and you say "Sergeant. Corporal. It's been a pleasure. *BLAM* --- dead. See? hilarious. ;)

Your mileage may vary. As I said before, some people dig the story. And you will own in PvP later. So don't sweat it too much :)

• 2 months later...
I have played the JC story, and most of the complaints about it are people who went DS. As LS, it's easily the best story by far out of the ones I've done (finished all except Agent, Trooper, and Knight). Ch 1 was a bit dry and you'll get more mileage if you are into a lot of the EU lore. It was something of a loregasm when viewing the Noetikons and seeing Bastila Shan - probably my favorite moment from any class story. The main flaw was the Nadia romance being horribly written and rushed by otherwise I loved the story. Edited by Jenzali

oh boo hoo grow a pair people and just play and stop whining if you dont like the consular story then play knight or something else I personally dont care about the story I have a consular for the dble bladed saber and stealth.

So you bumped a 2 month old thread just to say that,.:p

• 2 weeks later...

The consular story is my favorite on the rep side, personally. Don't expect to be the fighting class, so to speak. Remember that the Knight is the front line warrior of the Republic; the Consular is a diplomat, philosopher, and master of the Force. As such, I agree with the poster who said the story is very rewarding for light-siders, all the more so those who are interested in lore and concepts of the Force.

I suspect many play consular expecting just as "warrior" like a feel as the knight, but that isn't the case. The 2 stories run very well in parallel to one another. In a nutshell, while the knight is busy fighting the enemy without, the consular battles the enemy within.

I too, liked the Consular class story, and it's my favorite class to play combat-wise. So much so that I have 3 Consulars - an LS DPS Sage, a LS Healer Sage and a "Grey" Shadow that I had started going darkside with but then just couldn't bear it knowing that EVERYBODY is doing thier Shadows DS. So now he's struggling to turn back to the lightside, lol.

Also have a sorceror and an assassin who are both DS, but I'm pretty much a purist.

What IS with everyone turning the Empire LS and the Republic DS anyway??

Edited by QuiDonJorn
Adding