PvP Exploit

Obiwanson

So just ran into this exploit ...it was in one of the 4v4 style maps w/ two levels inside a building.

If your team is beating the other team (e.g. 4v1 - you killed 3). The remaining player can just stealth away until time is up. There can be no ties, so the room starts to fill up w/ poison, and if he out-survives your team in the poison, he wins.

This hardly seems fair...it wasn't exactly a tie, his team clearly shouldve lost the match.

Not to mention any stealth class can just exploit this by staying perma-stealth and healing themselves once poison starts.

How about when times up we look at number of players left on each side. Only if they are the same, does this poison rule apply?

Edited by Obiwanson

If my teammate does this I sell them up the river and call out their location to the enemy.

I don't want to drag out the match to 3 times as long so that the stealth eventually dies at the end anyway. People who do this are only punishing their own team making them wait to lose and rejoin the queue.

So whats the mechanic? Is there a safe place to stand? The game isn't very clear on explaining it...."No ties ...sudden death", and then that's it.

Acid starts at the outer edge, closing on the center. If you stand in the center of the map you wont get hit with acid until the very end, and it reduces the area that the stealther has to hide in w/out taking damage.

^^ also start spamming AoE in that center in case you get the pesky shadow who will use a KB + PW at the last second.

Also you can't heal through acid, believe me, I tried many times. It's a certain percentage of your health per tick. So any damage you can do during the acid should be done asap.

it doesn't happen often....but the honesty of the guy helping the other team..don't play with my team ill report ya.

look up the definition of a exploit this isn't a exploit its just smart stealthers outsmarting smash monkeys..uggggg stand let me smash you ...why you move me strong you die.pfffffffft

Though some call it cheap or akin to team killing I agree with "selling out" the remaining hidden player to the other team because I find the hiding aspect unfair to the three eliminated (and possibly some opposing) players who are forced to watch a drawn out match of inevitable non action. For me, the appeal of 4 on 4 matches is the relative speed and outcome of the match which is completely negated by this tactic so I will simply tell the other team that I will tail the hidden player and keep them at 12 o'clock as a means of locating them (or as I like to say: GPS meaning "Give Players Something!")