Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My romance options:

1) Vette, someone who was given to me as a slave, and frankly feels too much like a kid sister. I'd feel dirty romancing her.

2) Jaesa, someone who I spent the second half of chapter 1 stalking, very nearly drove insane, and have forced to travel with me (even as a lightside, it's a "I have to kill you, unless you join me" situation). I'd feel equally horrible romancing her.

Can't we get another love interest for males here? And another for females, too. Quinn is too controversial.

Had another thought on this that needs more debate on. This whole game and its story were sapposed to be about choice and consiquence. If you take away the consiquence then dosent that bastardize the whole concept that bioware laid out for the game? Their intentions were that you had to make tough choices and live with what ever came of them right? If they take away the consiquences of your actions then the game becomes a version of WOW and if we all still liked that game we would be there and not here....

I just dont want to see Bioware ruin there good concept for game story telling because people could not accept the consiquences for there actions.. Just like in real life..

I get where you are coming from, but the problem here is that it makes NO sense in terms of the story being told and the developement of the character. If it was a natural consequence of the choises, sure, it would be understandable.

However, light side Jaesa finds herself in a spot where she has found the groun beneath her crumble and the reality she thought she had, revealed as lies and people just trying to use her. The way the story develops, you become her new foundation and help her find her way again, she goes from serving you as your apprentice, to eventually warming up more and more and going from respect into proper friendship and creating a bond of trust with the sith. Just take the scene where Pierce walks in on them, i found that to be one of the most telling moments in terms of the relationship between the characters, and the way the characters move closer and closer, not beng able to romance her actually felt waaaay more out of character as the story had been following a natural developement in that direction. Some people say "jedi dont date", but she is NOT a jedi, and there is not at any point given any indication that she hasn't potentially developed feelings beyond merely being close friends.

Again, if the story supported it, like them having a heartfelt talk about why they should just be friends, or hell, even a throwaway line with her smiling and going "you know, if love wasn't forbidden, i might fall for you." would have been all that was needed to have the story make sense. Right now, it just ends in the middle of it all and without a proper resolution.

By contrast, the actual only romance option for light-side SW's is one that ends up feeling forced and fake and where the story more supports the "friends" direction that gets forced down our throats with Jaesa. Interestingly, in discussing romances, it is insanely common to hear people describe vette as "more like a little sister", and the story is kept at a distance where you dont see the feelings develop, they just suddenly pop up because the story demands at least one romance option, and the logical one isn't available.

In short, the problem isn't the story, but that IT MAKES NO SENSE IN TERMS OF THE STORY BEING TOLD.

Having learned that you can't romance Light Side Jaesa, I am reluctant to continue my class quest. I don't know if I want to make her Dark Side just to romance her, or take the chance that Bioware will change this in a later patch. Part of the thing is that I haven't made even one Dark Side option on my Warrior. Am I willing to forever see the 100 or so Dark Side points forever on my character info and know that I chose to make her a Sith? Probably. Still kinda lame.

You wont 'forever see" dark side points on your character. Once you hit 10,000 LS points, any points you receive beyond that wipes out any DS points you have. In fact, it is necessary to do so in order to obtain the "Pure" title.

I'm torn on this topic... My SW married Vette (love her and her story) and while he cares about Jaesa as well, it's more in a teacher/student relationship being a LS Sith. I know that teacher/student relationships seem to be becoming a norm in the media nowadays (sic), but he just wants to make sure Jaesa makes up her own mind and does so for the right reasons. Yeah, she's eye candy in-game, and if I were playing a DS SW I may be more inclined to woo a DS Jaesa since Vette hates all the evil Sith stuff, but playing LS and wooing Vette was a lot of fun and worth it IMO.

I used to like DS Jaesa.

Then I lost like 500 affection with her when I decided to help out a ship full of innocent civilians. Turns out she 'aint my kind of gal >_>

My Jeasa accrued 291 affection when I killed those ships full of civilians. The only other time I got that from her was when I told a certain Dark Lord to beg for his life.

DS Jaesa is a perfect fit for my psychotic Warrior.

P.S Petittion to make Dark side Jaese and Vette romance at the same time like in Jade Empire.

I'll agree to that. After everything my Dark Side Marauder did for Vette, she turned her back on me when I claimed that I deserved both Vette and Jaesa as partners. Luckily DS Jaesa didn't mind but Vette clearly needs to be more open minded considering she's hanging out with a DS Sith. How dare she reject me. I felt like I needed to shock her at that point to make her submit to my DS passionate desires but it wasn't an option so I was forced to reject Vette yet she still insists on hanging around me. I feel that as a DS Sith I should be able to have the option of having both Vette and Jaesa.

DS Jaesa is so much fun though. Her personality suits my Marauder so well that there was no way I could resist those charms of hers. :)

/signed

I just got done the story up to this point and I'm a little pissed. To the point where I don't want to play my Sith Warrior because I was looking forward to turning her. Talking to her annoys me as well. It's like someone else mentioned, now I am trying to Destroy the Empire. That's stupid.

• 3 weeks later...
Sith 'Light side' is not "Good". Sith light side is more lawful neutral than the chaotic stupid that many of the dark side options are. IE: Kill somebody just for the sake of killing them because that is how gosh darn evil you are, right before devouring a baby 4 teh evulz.

You're still Sith. You still fight for a tyrannical and militaristic dictatorship who want to rule the galaxy, you're just not a dick about it.

Very well put, perfect way of describing the LSS.

Disappointed to learn that you can't romance Jaesa as a LSS, especially after the majority of act 1s storyline is focused on her and the idea of bringing her to the sith. It would make for quite a compelling companion story arc I reckon, and would make her development as a LSS much more interesting.

I really couldnt be bothered going through all 50 pages, so I'll just ask:

Has there been any feedback from Bioware on this? Are they going to be including it in an expansion or do they plan to keep it as it is? I know there was some talk of it being included in the near future, but I was more thinking if there has been any direct feedback to this thread or hard evidence of that happening.

Also, I have been wondering if it is possible to romance DS Jaesa as a LSS? Because it'd be rather strange if you weren't able to at all just because you decided to go with a Light Sith. As the quote says above , Light Sith doesn't mean good, you're still a Sith so it's not like romancing Jaesa (Light or Dark) would go against the ideas or principles if you will of a LSS.

Edited by InnLikeFlynn

Disagree on the notion of Light side Sith not truly being light side. Kinda up to how you see your character. I outright refused a lot of quests just because my Sith wouldn't have anything to do with some of those quests. But at the same time, if you flat out asked him if he considered himself Sith, he would say no, he is just a force-user.

Along that same line of thought, someone mentioned that Jaesa is a light side Sith...No, no she's not, lol. She's just not a Jedi. Not being a Jedi does not make you a Sith.