Still no cross-faction-communication?

Sylend

/say is not enough for RP.

In dept RP storylines need to be coordinated OOC as well as RP-PvP in some case. Thats why we don't see much of it here, areas and communications are too restrictive. Even custom emotes are blocked.

Cross-faction custom channels and tells would be a great asset to the game and make things a lot easier for those who want to run cross-faction stories and events.

Open all channels to all factions except PvP and General and give the user the option to activate or not cross-faction communications.

That sounds good, and simple.

A simple little "chat" option: allow tells from opposite faction.

Disabled by default.

Or something like, if a Smuggler wants to chat with a Bounty Hunter, and the Smuggler starts, trying to start a conversation, the BH would get a confirmation box [####### wants to chat with you, please accept or decline the convo invite].

Let those who want it get it, and those who don't want it, leave it alone.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how rotten we are to the people in our own faction, I don't see why x-faction tells should not be allowed if harassment is your only problem.

If someone wants to nerd rage after getting ganked whats to stop them from jumping on their other toon on the other faction to smack talk? If the game did not allow you to have toons from both factions on a server this would make sense, but they do.

You can already talk with other factions in /say which is more than you could do in any other MMO I have played, and more than enough imo. This would be way more trouble than its worth, and would cause a lot of confusion for people forming groups/guilds.

As far as I've tested it /say works in WZ but not in open world.

It sure does work in the open world. I've had conversations with the opposite faction that way many times. :p /say has a range on it, you have to be near each other.

I'm really sick of "it breaks PvP" being used as an excuse.

Cross-faction tells are great for everyone but PvPers. And you can certainly prohibit tells to opponents while in a warzone and perhaps even for a time period after.

Disallowing Cross faction communications except for /say does not stop pvp harassment. IF someone wants to harass it is easy as heck to log make a BS char on their faction and then log in and send them tells. I've seen it happen before, but what it does do is limit Cross Faction RP. You hae to jump through hoops to organize and do it.

Plus there are Many guilds who are on both sides and have no way to communicate between themselves except for 3rd party.

There were many good ideas that havev been posted. Please enable Cross faction communications

P.S. Saying /say is enough is like saying you don't need a telephone because you can walk across town to talk to talk to someone..

Plus there are Many guilds who are on both sides and have no way to communicate between themselves except for 3rd party.

There were many good ideas that havev been posted. Please enable Cross faction communications

P.S. Saying /say is enough is like saying you don't need a telephone because you can walk across town to talk to talk to someone..

Yip. This.

I'd be happy with cross faction custom chat channels and the custom emote bug fixed. I can say without a doubt that having a large custom player moderated and ran chat channel specifically to find groups was one of the greatest boons to teaming in a previous MMO I played.

I'd be happy with cross faction custom chat channels and the custom emote bug fixed. I can say without a doubt that having a large custom player moderated and ran chat channel specifically to find groups was one of the greatest boons to teaming in a previous MMO I played.

On a tangent: player-moderated chat channels? Bad idea.

I agree with this. I would love to gank the crap out of someone then cuss them out on gen chat. You have my vote! :D

This is why the answer is.. NO.

They tried it in beta and the dipsiths went ape.. don't need it now.

Come on Bioware, whats going on? You locked crossfaction "tells" because you thought players would bash each others after pvp. Now pvp zones are imp vs imp / rep vs. rep too and nothing would stop people from bashing. Why keep that sh*t? And what about that "bug" that /e emotes are not readable from the other faction?

At the RP community meeting a year ago you said that you guys weren't even aware of that and would fix it.

I know there is more "important" things to do like butting more stuff into the cartel market to make money but you can't tell me that this would take alot of time.

Atleast crossfaction /e emoting!

this is a RP-player rant

over and out!

I don't think the worry over players bashing each other has anything at all to do with why cross-faction players can't whisper back and forth. I think its only this way because that was the accepted standard in the industry, and I think that became the standard in the industry to make it more difficult to have a "mole", so to speak on one side whispering his buddies on the other side. Of course, with the advent of various voice chat services, the whole thing is kind of a moot point.

I definitely agree with being able to /e cross faction...I have no idea why that wouldn't be allowed, except as an oversight. I don't think we should go so far as whispers, though...at least not over long distances. Maybe if they could come up with a way that you could whisper an opposing faction player if you were within a certain proximity, I could support that from an RP perspective. But, the idea of whispering opposing faction players from halfway across the galaxy...I don't think it adds enough to RP to be worth the consequences.

Should be kept this way, although wow's function where you can put someones email in and get access to them on any toon while they are on would probably be a good middle ground. talk with your friends, not with strangers

I've been able to cross-faction /say & /emote.

I can send mail between my Republic & Imperial toons.

Are you saying you want a PvP chat channel for both factions, so you can all yell obscenities at each other?

All of it scrolling by at the speed of light.

Right.

That.

Is a bad idea.

The only thing I'd like to see is cross-faction Guild chat. A way to link two guild chats together.

Just a small annoyance though. I was playing a Pub toon yesterday, and everyone in our guild was on Imp side. Don't really want to join a "populated" Pub guild -- because I rarely play my pub toons.

This. Our guild has a republic and imperial guild so it would be nice to be able to talk to everyone at once.

And OP, for RP reasons you can't talk to the other faction because you don't have access to their communication channels. While your concerns over /e not working are valid, you shouldn't be able to talk to the other faction through any other methods than /say or /yell.

Even during same faction PvP it is, lore wise, a training exercise. Since you wouldn't be able to contact the other side normally that communication is not allowed during training.

First of all:

We should be able to put both alts and friends on the other faction on our friends list

No, there is nothing weird about having friends on the other side of "the fence". Some of the best stories and movies revolve around that, so allow use to add people from the opposing faction to our friendslist.

Once that is sorted out:

Allow whispers between players of opposing faction on 2 conditions

1. Both players must have eachother on their friendslist.

2. Neither player is in a warzone at that moment.

The first rule will prevent the foulmouthing people are afraid of

The second rule will prevent too easy information transfer regarding tactics etc. within warzones (easily circumvented using voice, but whatever, I personally don't see spying as an issue at all)

I've been able to cross-faction /say & /emote.

I can send mail between my Republic & Imperial toons.

Are you saying you want a PvP chat channel for both factions, so you can all yell obscenities at each other?

All of it scrolling by at the speed of light.

Right.

That.

Is a bad idea.

you can send mail to YOUR toons only if they are on the opposing faction.