Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, he's saying that Bioware should put all the SGR/A stuff in one place?

Why? He's afraid of catching The Gay?

No wonder he didn't want to comment further or elaborate, merely posting in this thread probably put him at risk of The Gay :rolleyes:

I heard that once you're exposed, you start listening to Seline Dion, wearing Flips and have a intense urge to go to the theatre. lol.

Anyway, back on topic.

I do like that Bioware and slowly easing the whole SGR into it. It doesn't totally excuse the fact it wasn't there at launch, but atleast they're trying and doing more of it like with this new weekly bounty thing.

I heard that once you're exposed, you start listening to Seline Dion, wearing Flips and have a intense urge to go to the theatre. lol.

Anyway, back on topic.

I do like that Bioware and slowly easing the whole SGR into it. It doesn't totally excuse the fact it wasn't there at launch, but atleast they're trying and doing more of it like with this new weekly bounty thing.

Is it really that much more? I got the feeling it was just more flirts.

I think I'm more disappointed with Treek being introduced and not Lord Cytharat and Lemda or a new companion that could be SGR than Treek being an Ewok.

I think I'm more disappointed with Treek being introduced and not Lord Cytharat and Lemda or a new companion that could be SGR than Treek being an Ewok.

The problem is:

Cytharat:

You can let him die.

Lemda:

She's a scientist, and not of the medical type sciences. Realistically, I am not sure how much use she'd be as an actual companion you could take with you, since it would be a bit silly for a geologist to be a healer (which is the role most scientist companions fall into), and she doesn't appear to have had any actual combat training (which I suppose doesn't mean she hasn't or that such training couldn't be written into her back story somewhere for some reason).

I'm also not 100% sure how I feel about her "romance" arc - the way she reacts to being flirted with, she seems so put upon at times. And looking to her uncle for permission to comply with a request for a kiss? Eww.

Also, the fact that she's bisexual/herosexual while Cytharat is pure gay bothers me. (I wouldn't have minded so much if they were both bisexual, but it's clearly a case of "a female LI must be available to male characters regardless.")

Having said that, I did like Lemda as a character, so I wouldn't be opposed to having her as a full companion.

I believe it is just flirts for the time being, but I'm saying that I'm happy that they're atleast building up their way towards what was promised to us, however I do feel somewhat frustraited that they havn't brought in something that was meant to be installed pre-launch and then, due to time constraints, promised it'd be "soon" post-launch and yet it's been about...a year so far? Yet still not done.

However I do believe that they need to keep the income coming in by making bug fixes, new content and so on to bring in new players and keep old players. Unfortunately it feels at times as if SGRAs are very low on the list.

Also about the Ewok...I just had to laugh when I saw her cause I was thinking "God I hope she's not romancable" I would definantly like to see a few new and old companions SGRable.

The problem is:

Cytharat:

You can let him die.

I know this. But it doesn't stop them from being able to say he survived it.

Lemda:

She's a scientist, and not of the medical type sciences. Realistically, I am not sure how much use she'd be as an actual companion you could take with you, since it would be a bit silly for a geologist to be a healer (which is the role most scientist companions fall into), and she doesn't appear to have had any actual combat training (which I suppose doesn't mean she hasn't or that such training couldn't be written into her back story somewhere for some reason).

I'm also not 100% sure how I feel about her "romance" arc - the way she reacts to being flirted with, she seems so put upon at times. And looking to her uncle for permission to comply with a request for a kiss? Eww.

Also, the fact that she's bisexual/herosexual while Cytharat is pure gay bothers me. (I wouldn't have minded so much if they were both bisexual, but it's clearly a case of "a female LI must be available to male characters regardless.")

Having said that, I did like Lemda as a character, so I wouldn't be opposed to having her as a full companion.

Her as a healer role wouldn't be bad, because a lot of the healer companions aren't really in the medical field. Like you said, they just get put into that role.

Theran, Mako, Talos, all come to mind as not being healers. Doc, Elara and Lokin are the only ones I can think of, that actually come off as being in the healing profession. Quinn I would've thought fit the DPS role more than the healer role.

I took the side glance to her uncle as more of a "Right here and now?" and less of a "Can I? I won't get into trouble will I?" or what have you. But yeah, no idea why they actually did that bit.

But I mention them because we have connections to them already. In fact, I'd actually love it if they made multiple (SGR or not) NPCs from planet quests as companions!

I know this. But it doesn't stop them from being able to say he survived it.

Obscure death rule could definitely apply, though that might annoy some players because it kind of makes their choice invalid. Still, it isn't like it hasn't been done before.

Theran, Mako, Talos, all come to mind as not being healers. Doc, Elara and Lokin are the only ones I can think of, that actually come off as being in the healing profession. Quinn I would've thought fit the DPS role more than the healer role.

You've definitely got a point there. I guess healing technologies are easy enough to use that anyone with a modicum of training can use them.

I took the side glance to her uncle as more of a "Right here and now?" and less of a "Can I? I won't get into trouble will I?" or what have you. But yeah, no idea why they actually did that bit.

It was just weird.

But I mention them because we have connections to them already. In fact, I'd actually love it if they made multiple (SGR or not) NPCs from planet quests as companions!

I definitely liked Lemda (in spite of the <spoilers>), and Cytharat isn't too bad for a Sith Pureblood male. ;) I don't think I'd object to either of them being companions.

I agree about planet quest NPCs as companions too, there are some very interesting characters that seem woefully under utilized. Sadly a couple of the more interesting ones

suffer from Lord Cytharat's "can be killed" curse.

However, I can't help but think that there is such a thing as too many companion characters. It is part of the reason why I'd like to see some of the current companions adapted to SGRAs.

I agree about planet quest NPCs as companions too, there are some very interesting characters that seem woefully under utilized. Sadly a couple of the more interesting ones

suffer from Lord Cytharat's "can be killed" curse.

However, I can't help but think that there is such a thing as too many companion characters. It is part of the reason why I'd like to see some of the current companions adapted to SGRAs.

If they limit some of the companions to being strictly Republic or Empire aligned companions, it may be less of an issue. Possibly at some point have one companion leave if you get to a certain point, so that you can switch your crew about :)

Probably wishful thinking, as it'd probably be to much work for BW to even consider even if it was a CM option.

So... why bother posting then? Especially since your next comment is incomprehensible.

Does anyone have a clue what this means? It seems like it should mean something, but I DK what.

Jesus are you dense or what, she was asking how Bioware could include homosexual content in ME2, after it had already been released. I answered her, they could do so by release a downloadable content. Fire island is a famously homosexual vacation spot. By setting a downloadable content there they would be including homosexual content in an already completed game. You people have the sense of humor of dead wood.

Jesus are you dense or what, she was asking how Bioware could include homosexual content in ME2, after it had already been released. I answered her, they could do so by release a downloadable content. Fire island is a famously homosexual vacation spot. By setting a downloadable content there they would be including homosexual content in an already completed game. You people have the sense of humor of dead wood.

Um right, and everyone in this thread is a homosexual that has heard of Fire Island.

Um right, and everyone in this thread is a homosexual that has heard of Fire Island.

Guy's just angry because his cryptic nonsense was revealed as being cryptic nonsense rather than the cutting and classic repartee he was hoping for - instead of trying to explain himself, he goes straight (hah) towards insulting other people's intelligence as a defense.

Genious.

Also it's fairly obvious that he hasn't read the thread nor cares for the subject, because otherwise he would know how often people waltz in here with sound bite ideas, thinking they're witty and new.

Also it's fairly obvious that he hasn't read the thread nor cares for the subject, because otherwise he would know how often people waltz in here with sound bite ideas, thinking they're witty and new.

Post mortem schizophrenia.

You mean like that?

(and no, it does not mean a thing; just random words)

Edited by Dominoris

Post mortem schizophrenia.

You mean like that?

(and no, it does not mean a thing; just random words)

Pretty much, but they also try to apply it to the topic at hand, so more like:

Bioware should post mortem schizophrenia this into a DLC from the CM because think of the children.

And some straight people who haven't.

Obviously - I'm one such person. The point of my comment was that just because someone is gay/lesbian doesn't mean they have inherently heard of it.

Edited by Noremacv

Obviously - I'm one such person. The point of my comment was that just because someone is gay/lesbian doesn't mean they have inherently heard of it.

Absolut was also being sarcastic, but I can't tell if you knew that or are making a bad joke...

Damned text with no verbal inflection or body language cues.

Absolut was also being sarcastic, but I can't tell if you knew that or are making a bad joke...

Damned text with no verbal inflection or body language cues.

I caught the sarcasm, and if you want to call it a bad joke, go for it. Whether it was a good or bad joke depends on one's sense of humour; I just made the joke in general.

I caught the sarcasm, and if you want to call it a bad joke, go for it. Whether it was a good or bad joke depends on one's sense of humour; I just made the joke in general.

I'm really bad at catching jokes that don't have smilies attached to them.

Fair enough. I apologize for the confusion :o

Well, it's quarter past eight in the morning and I'm facing a miserable day of work ahead of me and I just remembered that I went on a rant about Male Slave Gear to Ms. Green that ended with me talking about three of the snakes my husband and I keep, so I can't really say I'm that with it.

Before you ask:

Hello Ms. Green,

This issue has been much ignored and maligned by the Bioware staff and I would really like an answer:

Is it possible to have Slave and Dancer gear for MALE characters?

Thank you.

Hi Tatile,

Thanks for your suggestion. As you may have noticed, there has been a significant increase in the male "skimpy" gear that's available, but there are always new things in the works too.

Cheers,

Amber

I've already told Ms. Green that you can't expect gear that specifically sexualises the wearer and that hails from specifically sexualised 'professions' which largely work from the basis of a lack of autonomy for the wearer* to taking your jacket off. And I don't think she nor anyone else cares for my reply, which is why I talked about python for about a paragraph.

His name is Parcel and he's really sweet, but he had a massive hunger strike which we're only just breaking, so he's a bit underweight :(

*yes, there are dancers who do it for themselves and have their own say in things, but the majority of the Star Wars universe appears to rely on the slave trade to provide "female entertainment", hence the lack of autonomy.

I'm sure this has been answered before but I couldn't find it... is Lord Cytharat the only M/M romance in the entire game? Apart from that time when my Sorc asked Talos if he was flirting with him, lol. If only one companion in the game gets to be SGR, I want it to be Talos Drellik.