Petition: More Hooks for Guild Flagship!

Johnkorriban

Guild Flagships are great, we love decorating ours. But I have a serious gripe - we either have to have a bunch of basically completely empty rooms, or have everything mega spaced out because a limit of 700 hooks for something as massive as the flagship is lunacy.

I know the same can be said for Tatooine too - but these flagships are enormous with huge decorating potential, I don't think it sounds completely unreasonable to say a 700 limit is half of what it could, or should be.

Right now, we either have 6-7 rooms really well decorated (not cluttered at all) and the rest of the rooms empty, or all room decorations stupidly spread out and barren looking. There is a ludicrous amount of hooks to use too.

I think 1,400 hook limit would be ideal. Of course we could use more, but I don't feel we're asking too much to ask at least another 500-700 hooks for flagships, it isn't unreasonable if you really want us to take pride in our ships and spend the effort to them, cause right now it feels pointless cause of the way over the top restrictions.

Any comment from Bioware on this, please?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the amount of hooks for the imperial ship is redicoulusly low. You got this big ****** ship. Yet barely any hooks to play with. Makes it feel more empty than ******. Please, keep size improve hook amount Edited by Sarksunlight
Spelling error

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

/Signed

I would love to be able to add detail to all areas of the ship, now I have to be extremely careful and use only large items in low traffic areas.

This lack of hooks mean:

No chairs in front of terminals (or really anywhere)

No couches in public areas

No NPCs near terminals or computers

No small wall lights, anywhere.

No Trophys, anywhere.

No extra crafting nodes, only like 3 types make the cut.

No extra plants or accents

No room for donated Mount Collection.

No room for banners on large walls (I can manage maybe 1 stripe out of 4)

There really is not enough hooks to decorate the ship well.

/Signed

I personally have a lot more fun decorating the flagship with my guild than I do my own strongholds but we've run into the hook limit so many times its ridiculous. I've had to remove so many decorations just to make room for other things.

Just this past weekend we opened up 2 crew rooms and 1 command room. I had to first remove everything out of the big round command room since decorating rooms in a non-sparse manner means you have to leave 1-2 additional rooms completely bare. Then after setting up the new med bay I had to go back to the bridge and remove all the chairs in front of the consoles, a few of the computers, and most of the wall items. That still wasn't enough though since we had to remove items from the officer sections as well. I don't even see the point in the hooks in the entrances as we had to remove all of those decorations ages so that there would be something actually in the room the chambers led to. I thought we spent 50 mil to buy this epic place we could all come to and be proud of. A place to showoff our guild spirit and hang out in. Sadly I feel like we were misled.

I like to go visit other guild's flagships and it gets boring after 2 or 3 visits. 95% of the time every room is decorated the same: statue, plant, statue, plant, statue, computer and repeat. And all along the edge of the walls. Doesn't matter where you go - officer deck, command deck, crew, engineering - they all look the same.

Double the size please bioware. Allowing members to customize is a major factor in getting them to stick around because you've let them make it theirs.

Edited by RaeAvenger

I like to go visit other guild's flagships and it gets boring after 2 or 3 visits. 95% of the time every room is decorated the same: statue, plant, statue, plant, statue, computer and repeat. And all along the edge of the walls. Doesn't matter where you go - officer deck, command deck, crew, engineering - they all look the same.

Not sure what you expected. There's isn't exactly unlimited number of different objects (not to mention prices/ease of obtaining) and considering that ships are "mutual" strongholds for large group of people, most guild go for universal faction-themed look. So Imp ships end up full of Emperor statues and red banners while Rep ships get Jedi/Greek republic decos. As for computers - we're talking ships. Sure you can claim the "guild decorator" position and go for a unique Noah's Ark idea. Will sure be original, but not very flagship-like as most of your guild members probably would like