Can't get into my Agent, advice

ElevenBfour

I've leveled a Shadow, Jugg, and PT to 50. I want to level a Smuggler or Agent so I have all the buffs when playing. But I just can't get into my Agent. I haven't really tried a Smuggler yet, but since my last toon leveled was a Pub, I want to go empire next so I don't repeat content so soon.

Any advice? I love the idea of the Sniper and Op, but the playstyle just seems too slow for me. Am I missing something? I've never leveled either past 15. I just can't make myself do it. If I'm beyond help, let me know, if I'm missing something awesome, let me know.

I've leveled a Shadow, Jugg, and PT to 50. I want to level a Smuggler or Agent so I have all the buffs when playing. But I just can't get into my Agent. I haven't really tried a Smuggler yet, but since my last toon leveled was a Pub, I want to go empire next so I don't repeat content so soon.

Any advice? I love the idea of the Sniper and Op, but the playstyle just seems too slow for me. Am I missing something? I've never leveled either past 15. I just can't make myself do it. If I'm beyond help, let me know, if I'm missing something awesome, let me know.

I know how you feel. When I started lvling an agent (sniper) the story of terrorists didn't appeal to me and it seemed slow. But trust me, once you start getting to the end of Chapter 1, it'll be worth it. This is my second favorite class story of all and the choices you pick in this actually DO matter.

My opinion is to be a sniper especially if you want to pvp because they do better (generally) then operatives. Keep in mind these are all MY opinions and you're not forced to do anything I say. I'll go ahead and tell you some of the story to get you excited. If not skip the next paragraph labeled *Spoiler*

At the end of chapter 1 you learn that Jadus is alive and get to make 1 of 3 game changing choices for your agent

To me the smuggler story was above average at best and did have one twist but not anything near like the agent's. You truly have to get to 50 to understand the whole concept of the agent. To me Imp. Agent is a 8.5/10 story-wise and smuggler is 6.5-7/10 story-wise. Trust me, if you lvl an agent to 50 you won't be disappointed.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

I know how you feel. When I started lvling an agent (sniper) the story of terrorists didn't appeal to me and it seemed slow. But trust me, once you start getting to the end of Chapter 1, it'll be worth it. This is my second favorite class story of all and the choices you pick in this actually DO matter.

My opinion is to be a sniper especially if you want to pvp because they do better (generally) then operatives. Keep in mind these are all MY opinions and you're not forced to do anything I say. I'll go ahead and tell you some of the story to get you excited. If not skip the next paragraph labeled *Spoiler*

At the end of chapter 1 you learn that Jadus is alive and get to make 1 of 3 game changing choices for your agent

To me the smuggler story was above average at best and did have one twist but not anything near like the agent's. You truly have to get to 50 to understand the whole concept of the agent. To me Imp. Agent is a 8.5/10 story-wise and smuggler is 6.5-7/10 story-wise. Trust me, if you lvl an agent to 50 you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try and push on. And yeah, this terrorist story is not grabbing me at all. :(

I have an assassin and a marauder lvl 50, and I had the operative at lvl 33 just before leaving the game, and for me it was a pain in the *** leveling to 33, now im 42, the supposed "golden age" of the operative (40-50) , and I just .... feel forced to level it, because it bores me. Although I have to say ... the story rocks ;)

MY whole idea when I started was: cool a dps with stealth and knives. I didn't even mind that the endgame dps was supposed to be under the normal standards. But now.... I find the DPS lacking in thrash mobs while I quest and the animations and fight style boring. So yeah, you stick a knife in the back of a guy. that's all the animation. And you are a hybrid, you can't only melee, you are like a mix and match between the shooter and the rogue.

I wondered why I didn't see operatives DPS in FP and HM. Now I have changed my perspective and I'm only going to use the operative as a healer. (and I'm leveling as a healer in PVP and FP)

Perhaps I'm used too much to use a "jedi" style of gameplay but.... in the end I'm just quite disappointed with my operative. We will see at lvl 50.

Edited by TamrielShax

I have an assassin and a marauder lvl 50, and I had the operative at lvl 33 just before leaving the game, and for me it was a pain in the *** leveling to 33, now im 42, the supposed "golden age" of the operative (40-50) , and I just .... feel forced to level it, because it bores me. Although I have to say ... the story rocks ;)

MY whole idea when I started was: cool a dps with stealth and knives. I didn't even mind that the endgame dps was supposed to be under the normal standards. But now.... I find the DPS lacking in thrash mobs while I quest and the animations and fight style boring. So yeah, you stick a knife in the back of a guy. that's all the animation. And you are a hybrid, you can't only melee, you are like a mix and match between the shooter and the rogue.

I wondered why I didn't see operatives DPS in FP and HM. Now I have changed my perspective and I'm only going to use the operative as a healer. (and I'm leveling as a healer in PVP and FP)

Perhaps I'm used too much to use a "jedi" style of gameplay but.... in the end I'm just quite disappointed with my operative. We will see at lvl 50.

so I mainly play concealment, simply because I enjoy it in pvp, but in pve unless you are at a stage where you can just grenade and carbine burst and everything is dead, you should use a tank companion so you can backstab.

If you are used to the jedi thinking of battle, run in and hope everything dies, you are not being a operative. Ever watch Serenity? As Shepard Book tell's Captain Reynolds, They will think sideways, sidle right up to you and hit your blind spot. Kind of hard in pve but in pvp that's what the whole concept is about.

Think sideways, not forward with a op.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try and push on. And yeah, this terrorist story is not grabbing me at all. :(

I feel the terrorist arc is there to give you more insight in the Imperial Intelligence service. A side we rarely to never see in other Star Wars media. Unlike the Jedi (d'oh)/Sith (d'oh)/Smuggler (Solo)/Bounty Hunter (Fett). Personally, I found that a great aspect of the story. Instead of blindly throwing someone into a scenario he or she isn't even remotely familiar with, will make no sense.

After that arc, it gets into a slipstream and it becomes perfectly clear why the Agent story is loved by so many. :D

I've got a 50 Operative and a 44 Sniper, although I've never read any of the storylines (Basically all I do is power through alts to PvP) I can safely say they are really easy to level with. Oh and if you like PvP they are both incredible in their areas. Sniper may not put out the highest numbers but It's only counters really are Operative/Assassin and the occasional Sorc who knows how to LoS. As for Operative.. popping out of stealth and getting off 8k damage before they get back up from the floor? yes please :)