Animal Mounts in the Cartel market

lucotas

Hi everyone, i think we all want Animal Mounts and this would be a pretty good featured in the cartel market (because it is a mount).

Now for the people who say: i don't want an animal mount in the imperial fleet, that is just insane.

well we have already got pets and this is a game no real life i believe it won't be a problem go around with an animal mount (or pet).

Bioware could make good money from these mounts. example: 1800cc each mount, i have 2 main character and i would buy them for 3600cc and save more cc buying 40 dolars pack. and of course if we talk about around 300k people (this game has around 600 or 700k people i think) buying this mount for maybe 2 or 3 or maybe more characters, bioware would get rich in a few mins because to be honest all the people in my guild want this kind of mount in this game : D

and remember these mounts should be 90, 100 and 110% of speed. why this? because if you see in the movies they are faster than 110% but the real speeder are faster than many animal mounts. if you watch star wars episode VI you will see that luke's speeder is faster than the speeders in this game.

These are some of the best mounts (my opinion)

PLEASE BIOWARE BRING ME A VARACTLY

varactly (this one is my favorite)

Taun Taun

Dewback

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/8/8e/Reek.jpg (no idea de name of this one)

http://furiousfanboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/swdeadliest_08.jpg (no idea the name of this one)

if you are agree with this please support this thread posting in it

goodbye and may the force be with you

ps: i would pay alot of money for animal mounts but only if they are not in cartel markets. i want a mount like c-17 cerka... i want to buy it separate and not in packs. (i would buy a lot of mounts for all my alts and my future alts)

i am not saying it has to be 1800cc but something like that should be

Edited by lucotas

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea but we barely get anything worthwhile as it is, these mounts will probably never surface.

well if Bioware wants good money from me, they have to add animals mounts (varactly)

Edited by lucotas

The problem I foresee with introducing animal mounts is the animations involved. Right now a given character on any given speeder simply sits (in one of three positions: sitting like in a car, straddle like a motorcycle, or squatting) on that speeder and glides along with no animation other than a robe (and hair/lekku) flowing behind the character in the flow of air. Further, all of these existing speeder animations work with the "taxi services." There are a handful of animal based taxi services but in all candor the animation is not very good - the body is static and the wings flap (not very convincing). Animal (ground) mounts would necessitate the introduction of a character bobbing up and down as the animal runs. While not difficult it is VERY time consuming.

The problem I foresee with introducing animal mounts is the animations involved. Right now a given character on any given speeder simply sits (in one of three positions: sitting like in a car, straddle like a motorcycle, or squatting) on that speeder and glides along with no animation other than a robe (and hair/lekku) flowing behind the character in the flow of air. Further, all of these existing speeder animations work with the "taxi services." There are a handful of animal based taxi services but in all candor the animation is not very good - the body is static and the wings flap (not very convincing). Animal (ground) mounts would necessitate the introduction of a character bobbing up and down as the animal runs. While not difficult it is VERY time consuming.

i dont' care lol i want an animal mount

I agree, but no mounts like Rancor, Acklay, Reek, etc. I don't think people would want to ride something that could eat them.

Are you kidding me? I would love to ride on something that could eat me at any moment! My frail sage rolling through outlaws den on a reek? That would be so kick a**

• Dev Post

Howdy everyone!

I wanted to pop in here and let everyone know that we are very much reading y'all's suggestions (and the ensuing debates :p). I figured the Animal Mounts discussion would be a good one to jump in and let you know that creature mounts are something we have wanted for quite some time now. Now, obviously I can't tell you anything concrete yet - mostly because there isn't anything concrete yet - but I can tell you that Hoth doesn't feel right without being able to ride a tauntaun.

i can see the option "First Bioware Post" but it doesn't let me see the messege. I WANT TO SEE THEIR ANSWER!

please

lol yeah, I have a similar marker on my thread. trolled to the max I guess :)

Edit:

It seems the Dev posts have been fixed and I can now see them!

Edited by Voren_Kurn

/signed (once again, already signed on the original thread)

Howdy everyone!

I wanted to pop in here and let everyone know that we are very much reading y'all's suggestions (and the ensuing debates :p). I figured the Animal Mounts discussion would be a good one to jump in and let you know that creature mounts are something we have wanted for quite some time now. Now, obviously I can't tell you anything concrete yet - mostly because there isn't anything concrete yet - but I can tell you that Hoth doesn't feel right without being able to ride a tauntaun.

ty a lot of the reply its allways great to hear from u guys. Am very entusiastic to hear that the idea have been discussed internally!

Edited by YeIIow