Keybinding imaging for Shadow Tank

Igoligirl

Need some assistance in keybinding my abilities on my Level 50 Shadow Tank. Have regular keyboard and mouse, no gaming paraphernalia as of yet. Anybody have a setup that really works for them? Please post an image and/or explanation to share with me and other new 50s! Edited by Igoligirl
rewording

I think keybinds are something that is personal, so regardless how good I am with mine as a shadow tank, I suggest you try for yourself what works best for you.

Agreed.... You have to experiment, because the possibilities are endless. I tried many variations of other peoples bindings and none of them ever worked for me. I actually went back to mouse clicking (oh hell...that's gonna start a debate) and use foot pedals. One for P2T and one for my interrupt.

• 2 weeks later...
Agreed.... You have to experiment, because the possibilities are endless. I tried many variations of other peoples bindings and none of them ever worked for me. I actually went back to mouse clicking (oh hell...that's gonna start a debate) and use foot pedals. One for P2T and one for my interrupt.

Foot pedals? What's that from, a driving controller?

That's freaking brilliant. Maybe I should put my rudder pedals to work.

Foot pedals? What's that from, a driving controller?

It's not from any kind of driving or flight thingy. They are just USB pedals you can hook up.

Here's the link to the company's website. There are places you can get them way cheaper, but I didn't want to plug any one store that sells them.

Scythe pedal

The biggest advantage is that I dodn't have to stop what I'm doing to key up Vent. I just bound the pedal to my PTT key.

Edited by Grumpftard

As other people I really do not want to give any specific advice as it would be pointless.

But I can give few tips which might be useful:

* Enable all quickbars you have in Interface Editor and put them on screen edges for case when your memory fails and to prevent accidentally switching main skillbar unless you specifically rely on switching it

* assign every skillbar specific group which is easy to memorize, like bar1: [-=0-9]; bar2: Shift-[-=0-9]bar3: Ctrl-[-=0-9]; bar4: Alt-[-=0-9] bar5: F1-F12; bar6: Ctrl-[QWERASDFZXCV]

* Use easily quickslots with easily accessible key-binds for more frequent skills. For right-hand 5-button mouse WASD system it would be like: */Shift/Alt-[1-5]; Ctrl-[QWERASDFZXCV]; Shift-[RFZXCV]; F1-F4; mouse 4/5, Ctrl/Shift-Space

* If you have more then 3 buttons on mouse, you can use those for some most important functions but better if add them on some quickbar as secondary key-bind: */Shift/Ctrl/Alt-mouse 4/5...

* Avoid using regular un-modded letters [A-Z] for anything unsafe as it is really easy to create chaos if chatline does not pop up by some reason

Edited by notean