Would you still want a KOTOR 3 after this?

Sevenpifers

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BioWare rejected the sequel (KoTOR 2) due to time limitations (LucasArts demanded the sequel in 14-16 months). So, KoTOR 2 and 3 were supposed to be made by Obsidian. KoTOR 2 was cut short (You can get the mod to get the real ending), and KoTOR 3 never got green light. But it was in development.

Most of the Characters. Most of the items. Most of the planets. Most of the story. They were all made. KoTOR 3 is still out there. If only this game didn't destroy the legacy so hard...

This is the real problem Swtor has destroyed a lot of what Kotor 3 could have been.

This is the real problem Swtor has destroyed a lot of what Kotor 3 could have been.

I'm laughing hard off of that one :p

In correction it was the fans that destroyed SWTOR for consitant whining about early release. That's the real problem but its easier to point and blame.

The ones that pretty much destroyed kotor3 was lucasarts with its time limitations being way too early. Though if they gave BW an appropriate time limit it would surely be out and awesome as well. plus it would be the opposite mouth bashing on swtor

In way swtor and kotor do connect in a story falaxy driven way so if anything swtor pretty much complimented kotor. Though I would love to see a kotor3, hell I want one after having sadly finishedkotor 1 and 2 numerous times :(

I dunno, I think Kotor 3 kinda went out the window when the book Revan was released, so it spoiled everything, but never the less I would not mind playing it if it was released, but I highly doubt it would be on par with Kotor or even Kotor 2 because Bioware is not the same any more (I am aware that Kotor 2 was made by Obsidian) and I don't mean that in a good way... Edited by Darth_Exar

what do you mean "MAKE" kotor 3...

they already have.. it's called Swtor. Anyone with a SHRED of mmo gaming knowledge knows this is single player rpg with multi player. Proof of that being the obviously inbalance between story/progression and "end game" content. The way the game feels, atleast to me and many others I'm sure of is role a toon then repeat 20 times for all the ls/ds male/female etc etc so forth and so on.

I'm with other posters in this thread and will never purchase another title BW has even LOOKED at. Someone on these forums said not long ago they wish BW could be stripped of the IP so a production house that actually listens/learns and above all cares can take it over and do right by the story/genre and us the player/fan base.

what do you mean "MAKE" kotor 3...

they already have.. it's called Swtor. Anyone with a SHRED of mmo gaming knowledge knows this is single player rpg with multi player. Proof of that being the obviously inbalance between story/progression and "end game" content. The way the game feels, atleast to me and many others I'm sure of is role a toon then repeat 20 times for all the ls/ds male/female etc etc so forth and so on.

I'm with other posters in this thread and will never purchase another title BW has even LOOKED at. Someone on these forums said not long ago they wish BW could be stripped of the IP so a production house that actually listens/learns and above all cares can take it over and do right by the story/genre and us the player/fan base.

He means a Kotor 3 set on the Hunt for Revan, the finding of Mandalore's mask, the Capture on Natheema and the Battles of Nyriss' fortress and The Citadel.

This is the best game I have ever played in terms of me being completely entertained and I've been gaming since the early 80's. Yes I have played many great games but none have had me so completely emerged like this one has me. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I feel the devs are doing a great job on this game and I know it will be around for a long time and continue to get better. I'm not saying it's the best game for everyone but each time I roll a new character I get lost in the story, the social interaction is just a huge bonus! I appreciate this game and I know many others do too.

This is the best game I have ever played in terms of me being completely entertained and I've been gaming since the early 80's. Yes I have played many great games but none have had me so completely emerged like this one has me. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I feel the devs are doing a great job on this game and I know it will be around for a long time and continue to get better. I'm not saying it's the best game for everyone but each time I roll a new character I get lost in the story, the social interaction is just a huge bonus! I appreciate this game and I know many others do too.

I mean no disrespect but it's people with attitudes such as yours that have been one of the primary causes of problems in this game and proves that this has been engineered as a singe player rpg with large scale multi-player capability. Not denying for a second the stories are good for sure, but they should NEVER have been the single most focal point for this game. Story driven MMO or not, the fact is so much effort and money went into that 1 singular facet that in reality is rather shortlived if you esc the convo's etc, that it eclipsed the other aspects that it needed to round out the whole. A MMO, be it RPG or other is more than the sum of it's parts, yet those parts need to be treated equally otherwise the whole thing is unbalanced.

I'd definitely like to see another Kotor game, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a sequel. Even if controversial, the book Revan and this game serve as the sequels to the original games. Not much room to come out with a game that is a direct continuation.

With the name Kotor, you have a wide selection of time periods to set a story in. There were "knights of the Old Republic" all the way back to 20.000 years before Yavin up to 2500 years after TOR. It doesn't have to have anything to do with Revan.

And if someone says that Kotor is built around Revan... that isn't entirely true. The first thing in Star Wars to use the name was a comic book arc of Tales of the Jedi centered around the character Ulic Qel-Droma.

I'd definitely like to see another Kotor game, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a sequel. Even if controversial, the book Revan and this game serve as the sequels to the original games. Not much room to come out with a game that is a direct continuation.

With the name Kotor, you have a wide selection of time periods to set a story in. There were "knights of the Old Republic" all the way back to 20.000 years before Yavin up to 2500 years after TOR. It doesn't have to have anything to do with Revan.

And if someone says that Kotor is built around Revan... that isn't entirely true. The first thing in Star Wars to use the name was a comic book arc of Tales of the Jedi centered around the character Ulic Qel-Droma.

I'll preface admit my knowledge of the EU history is.. limited but pretty sure that "kotor" as the name/acronym stands doesn't extend back that far. I did some reading couple of nights ago about the timeline (what books to read etc), if your going back 20,000 thats the force was and the emerging of the jed'aii (sp).. basically the beginning of an organized group of force users. Feel free to correct me if wrong but I believe the kotor strand of the timeline is at best 1000 years before revan?. If you can predate a story before kotor then you can leave Revan out (or maybe touch on his family/heritage), anything after tho, even up to yavin and beyond you might expect atleast a passing mention. For the kotor timeline itself he is a pivotal figure however.

I mean no disrespect but it's people with attitudes such as yours that have been one of the primary causes of problems in this game and proves that this has been engineered as a singe player rpg with large scale multi-player capability. Not denying for a second the stories are good for sure, but they should NEVER have been the single most focal point for this game. Story driven MMO or not, the fact is so much effort and money went into that 1 singular facet that in reality is rather shortlived if you esc the convo's etc, that it eclipsed the other aspects that it needed to round out the whole. A MMO, be it RPG or other is more than the sum of it's parts, yet those parts need to be treated equally otherwise the whole thing is unbalanced.

I did type a lengthy response but my phone decided to have issues lol! All I can say is that I love this game and there are many ways to play it and I will continue my Old Republic adventure until they pull the plug. I don't use titles in this game but I will wear my founder title with pride when this game reaches the ten year mark.