Macro with Naga Mouse.

hyjaxxx

Salutations folks, I just bought myself the Naga mouse and was all excited to start messing with it , when i mentioned this in guild chat a couple folks said that Macros were against the TOS for Swtor and i would be banned. is that correct?

I havent even tried doing it because i was afraid of breaking the rules. if someone can chime in that would be great.

an example of the macro i was thinking about was something such as

Select Target((Target Name)) /cast (Rank6 Advanced Medical Probe)

would something like that be a big No-no?

I have played with a Naga mouse since launch and I have found Macros a complete, useless waste of time.

That's it... I feel like it would be too much work to go into all this macro business. I have much more confidence in my abilities to manually select a target and cast a specific healing regimen as I see fit.

I don't even see what purpose that macro in your examplle would serve, except that now I have to have a different button for every target coupled with every healing spell. A rotation is not good for every situation and there are different healing goals all the time.

I have all of my healing as the priority keys on the thumbpad of the naga... I have four keys for four party members on my keyboard... I look around and move with the mouse and do healing, selecting targets with the keys. It's really not that hard.

In OPs I make the frame big enough and just click on whomever I want...

In fact I end up doing most of my playing just sitting back and using the mouse to move and heal since I need no modifiers except to attack (other than cc) which I don't normally do

The macro discussion comes up a lot. Yes it's against the TOS, no I don't know how or what will cause you to get caught... but this game really doesn't benefit from it methinks.

Edited by Polyneux

They won't bother you unless it's full out botting, and even then right now I don't think they would do anything.

I've used them to combine buttons, ability combos (situational abilities such as backstab and stab at same time, so if I'm not behind the person stab still triggers), made space combat tons easier (move ship around/flip all the time for you), chat text for certain abilities, etc...

If you don't have a kb/mouse that can do it for you there are a handful of programs out there that can do it as well.

Personally I use a logitech G13 and Razer Lachesis

There's been several threads in the past about this but most will boil down to EA/Bioware fully endorse keyboard and mice that have macro functionality built in and have adapted control options to use them. PVP is rife with people that use macros, space is damn near bottable as is, PVE is just aoe based rotations.. I could name over fifty people that they're whole playstyle is nearly entirely macro driven.

Macros simply ease some burden to allow more enjoyment for less work.

Mouse over macro's would be awesome for healing so it would be a target player AND begin cast heal in 1 key stroke or in this case naga button. I myself have a naga mouse and i cant play without one. I was wondering if there was already an in game function similar to mouse over macro's. I unsubbed in april and came back early december.

Did they add any of that functionality in game? or if not would it then be possible to create a mouse-over macro for the naga.

-Cheers - Ax

well, my purpose wasnt for a rotation. I wanted to be able to do something similar to a "click cast" where when i click on someone it automatically casts a heal as well.

This is exactly what I was refering to in my previous post. This is similar to the Mouse-Over functionality available in WoW where u simly move the mouse over the target group member health frame and by hitting a button or hitting a key it targets AND casts the skill.

To answer the question no Swtor have not added macro's to the game. I have Naga and I love it the problem comes in the details of what Swtor allow and don't allow what you are talking about is allowed basically one button = one click or ability at a time. What they do not want is time delayed things such as a one button = a set of abilities that automatically go off for the next while. That being said they can't really stop it but they don't like it. Hope that clears it up if not let me know.

To answer the question no Swtor have not added macro's to the game. I have Naga and I love it the problem comes in the details of what Swtor allow and don't allow what you are talking about is allowed basically one button = one click or ability at a time. What they do not want is time delayed things such as a one button = a set of abilities that automatically go off for the next while. That being said they can't really stop it but they don't like it. Hope that clears it up if not let me know.

What im talking about and the OP is talking about is being able to target and use an ability.

Yep you want to be able to mouse over and heal like in WoW right? That has not been implemented nor given Swtor stance on those kinds of macros would it I think. You can use 3 party software like the Naga to get close to it but it is still not the same.

I figured it out by watching a post on you tube. I set the macro to target the target of target then cast a heal. this way i can dps the mob then when it starts hammering on a person i can use the macro to switch targets and toss a heal on them. I need to test it tonight to make sure it works as i just wrote it this morning before i left for the day.

• 3 months later...

i have a razer Naga mouse and a razer nostromo that i have been using since beta, you can get the one click target + heals. I have it for 90% of my healers skills i even have one button that casts crushing darkness + force slow + then affliction, you can even get it to click cast on the ground i.e. revivification.

If you know what you're doing macros can help a lot and to the ops question about can you use macros yes you can the devs have said they don't like it but they are not going to do anything about it as long as you're not botting