SWTOR vs SWG

PeacefulViolence

Started SWTOR as F2P and after a week of playing i subscribed,then after a week i forgot about SWTOR and i am back to SWGEMU bye bye!

SWG is still way better than SWTOR.

PS SWG will always live they cant shut it down.If they want to make some money they should think of creating SWG2.

Its not what is good its what the market demands it.

If you have any questions you can find me on swgemu.com (PRE-CU) or projectswg.com (NGE).

REGARDS!

If they wanted to. They could easily shut it down lol.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it comes down to people who played MMOs when you had to scratch and crawl your way to the top clashing with folks who have enjoyed playing theme-parks. it really was fun to not know what is over the hill.

I spent seven months in SWG just crafting pets before I started exploring and finding new things to do. Sure it had bugs, some had me really pissed, but when your guild all gears up to attack a huge player city and it was up to me to slice the base terminal before the ENTIRE city swarmed on us, was just amazing experience to be part of that. You know once you blow up their forward base it was only a short time before they declared war on us and then the fun started.

My first time being at war with another player city I had just made it back to our city and I got frantic tell that 80 people just wiped out our mayor on his way back to the city. after a short time we got over run. they also kited two krayt dragons to our city were we battled for almost two days before they gave up. was the most epic time in my gaming history. and that was the norm before combat upgrade.

In the long run it's about how developers design the proper systems to allow players to have those fun moments. lets face it no one likes to play the same dull stuff over and over. at some point when it gets dull, you need fall-back systems in a MMO that provides an outlet for the bored, while the Devs create more devious inventions for players.

This game needs many more social systems. like all those cantinas are pretty much a waste of game space if players have no reason to be in them. give them one, add a social class that can change a players look and they can also entertain and buff. it was a brilliant ideas in SWG and gave Star Wars fans a nerd gasm. it also provided something to do when it did get slow.

At this point we have many pressing issues, lets hope the new year brings more focus on some of the current issues affecting players. and we get a better picture of where they want the game to be down the road.

SWG was WAY Better in EVERY way. I love that sandbox. SWTOR is just an instanced P2W nowadays, which SUCKS because it's got potential. If only EA could be erased from the picture, and BioWare gets some new blood that knows how a true MMO should work, then they might be immense.

Well graphically I like TOR I mean the toons look better and the animations are better. SWG? well the crafting is the best in any mmo as was the economy it really was player driven not just buy coins be lucky and sell for lots of creds.

PvP was better in SWG purely because there was open world pvp, the battlezones were broke very early on in SWG and took almost 6 years to sort out. This game lacks open world pvp its that simple, nothing better than being in huge battles with big groups on either side. We need open world pvp big time here though Hutball is a great idea I cant deny it. Wasnt a stun fest in SWG which made it better in my opinion.

Player housing, wasnt really into that but I appreciate many were. Ops are better in this game and are well worked and thought out.

really if they sorted illum out like the way restuss was then great but thats just my view. Sure you can go to outlaws den but why? for what? give open world pvp a reason.

After playing swg for 7 years and tor since launch, I would have to vote swg. I like ToR's immersion and voice over. Also the graphics are great. I like the ops groups and warzones. I love companions and the class stories. However SWG has a true sandbox game. The crafting was the best around, not this cookie cutter ToR does. I could also pvp anywhere I went. I had a awesome space minigame. And by far the community was the best. Even though I really like some things ToR does, SWG is still has attributes I value more.

Well, SWTOR's WAY too instanced. It should be more free, less linear and bigger. Also, space combat on rails? Please, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard; You CAN'T make a Star Wars MMO with on rails space... Space is HALF of SW for gods sake.

Well, SWTOR's WAY too instanced. It should be more free, less linear and bigger. Also, space combat on rails? Please, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard; You CAN'T make a Star Wars MMO with on rails space... Space is HALF of SW for gods sake.

.... the very first Star Wars video game was an on rails shooter

Star Wars has a LONG history of on rail shooter games.

But with that said have no fear they always said that the current space combat was just a place holder and the real space combat is still being worked on. What that is we have no idea

I hope when one day this game comes to its end that SWTOR players do not act like the SWG crowd .

These SWG spams harm SWG more than help it .

SWGEMU needs support from the SWG crowd , if they love SWG so much than go support your game .

I left SWG for FF11 , a MMO 1 year younger and still going . Yet I do not plaster SWTOR forums with SWTOR vs FF11 !