Being kicked from Ranked Solo AFK feature?

postingonforums

I was just kicked while laying dead and yes I could have played better, but so could everyone else. I also know who did it, so now I will be throwing every time I get in a match with them. Round and round we go...

I agree with you Elypsidre but it is necessary to persist if we like the ranked and not be intimidated by young pimply young (cartman of the kennies) me I continue to go in ranked in zl master ops, the little idiots who are behind their computers and insulting people that makes me laugh, but it's the serial ban kick that I don't like I would like bw to ban them for a season to prove to them what it feels like to be deprived of ranked or at least a week of ranked

heh and you people wonder why votekicking is rampant when people behave like this :jawa_angel: seems to be a system that works if you are getting kicked when intentionally trying to ruin the game

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the voting system kicks in and kills the ranked. the new players who come thanks to steeam see that the community which uses the kick vote is toxic, and in addition it insults the players who ask how to improve, given the number of posts on this i think bw will reflect on this problem especially with the arrival of new play thanks to steam. they will not let themselves be polluted by little idiots who do not want to share their secret garden the ranked solo and a game mode made for all players there is no need to see arrangement between friends to exclude new ones

My character is 1 1/2 week old.

I highly suggest you practice more in regs. There are basic pvp skills like awareness, APM, class knowledge, game knowledge, LOSing, ect, that can only be learned in regs. If you try to jump into ranked without those skills you will be hopelessly lost. It won't be a good experience for you or your team. Perhaps you are a pvp god and learned all that in 1.5 weeks. Most likely you haven't however. The average player takes years to learn all of this.

I don't play on your server. I am in no way effected by you queing or not. I offer this advice merely as a tip for you.

Edited by septru

Thanks for that. Yeah I didn't report them and will probs avoid ranked now, at least until they fix that feature.

You are running into years of established toxic behavior that has only worsened when this small group of losers took over ranked and started to dictate who can queue and who cannot by using vote-kick.

You are doing the right thing, save yourself the trouble and wait for this "feature" to get removed. For now, let the manchildren that live in ranked have their fun, it's all they have, apparently.

I was asked the question if I found it interesting to ruin the elo odds of the players and what I report as added value to the game, to the ranked. that made me laugh I answered him to I was going in ops in wz in fp that I play has swtor for the pleasure, he answered me nothing.

I was asked the question if I found it interesting to ruin the elo odds of the players and what I report as added value to the game, to the ranked. that made me laugh I answered him to I was going in ops in wz in fp that I play has swtor for the pleasure, he answered me nothing.

Probably because no one can understand what you're saying

Just coming back to SWTOR so not upto date with current PVP but reading this post?

In all honesty I think what ranked PVP really needs is either :

pre-set item levels upon match entry

or

pre-set item level required to enter a match.

I did a rank match once (years ago) upon reaching max level at the time. Team mate was angry but did later explain to me a bit so I learnt.

Because right now? Any causal player might say "hmm, I've been doing well in normal PvP, I'll give ranked a try" and then be cursed out of playing...

A dedicated pvp'er might do research first but definately not casuals.

The bad thing is the treatment they receive will make it unlikely they bother joining ranked ever again.

I went to play my first ever solo ranked game yesterday. I was 306 augmented with a pvp specific tactical but I only had a regular set which gave 2% alacrity. I was kind of excited to try it out and wondering how I'd do.

As soon as I arrived all 3 other, clearly experienced players started discussing me like I was dog dirt, and made it plain they would kick me. It really was how dare you play this.

And sure enough the second I died they initiated vote kick and of course I could do nothing about it as I was dead so couldn't initiate combat.

I'm no stranger to MMOs or SWTOR - played since launch - so expect a range of people and attitudes just like in RL.

But I have to say there was something truly shocking about the complete scorn and contempt here. Yes I understand wanting to gain and maintain rankings but dam I was willing to try to the best of my abilities and if that particular set bonus was a deal breaker and held me back I would have been the first to acquire it.

So yeah - vote kick needs an urgent fix and I agree with OP.

I can only think that these guys have nothing going for them in RL so after the initial shock, frankly I pity them.

This is exactly why I've always said not to kick people right away, and ultimately why vote kick should be removed. If it's clear that someone is in over their head, the first step should simply be to tell them. As you say in your post, you were new and excited to try ranked. You were clearly a bit ignorant of what you were in for, but that's okay. The people in the match could have given you some basic advice about what set bonus to work towards and how to practice in regs.

Because fundamentally they are right that you need a proper set bonus to play ranked, but they shouldn't go about immediately insulting and kicking you for it if you're new. This is the kind of behavior that is just disgusting and gets promoted by a lot of the people that love to kick.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

This is exactly why I've always said not to kick people right away, and ultimately why vote kick should be removed. If it's clear that someone is in over their head, the first step should simply be to tell them. As you say in your post, you were new and excited to try ranked. You were clearly a bit ignorant of what you were in for, but that's okay. The people in the match could have given you some basic advice about what set bonus to work towards and how to practice in regs.

Because fundamentally they are right that you need a proper set bonus to play ranked, but they shouldn't go about immediately insulting and kicking you for it if you're new. This is the kind of behavior that is just disgusting and gets promoted by a lot of the people that love to kick.

Getting advice from ranked players is almost impossible, they are quick to jump down your throat, moan, etc. I'm not saying all ranked players are toxic, but you can expect a lot of hostility. Which is a shame, because if more ranked players, actually gave advice, chances are it would improve the ranked matches. There are so many people who would learn with a little guidance

Never heard the winning team complaining about the other team having a bad player :D.

I would rather have a competitive game where all 8 players have similar skill levels and compete as hard as they can. Yes, it's "nice" to get a rating bump when a team has a player in 270 gear that gets globaled in 10 seconds, but it's not actually fun. The game needs to forbid players from queuing if they don't have a 306 iRating, and it should lock players out of queuing if they do less than a certain output for multiple games.

A player in 306 can be global if 3 or 4 players decide to focus and he may use his CDs he will be global. If the team doesn't play together, it often happens. And those who decide to kick themselves who are global have not understood the game, it is by playing and dropping that we learn.