Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ACtions speak louder than words...

Just a question to all the APAC: Anyone feels that they want to transfer out to the US servers instead?

Reason why I'm asking is because this recent event has shown that BW either doesn't care for the APAC servers (the more likely option), or are simply too incompetent to deal with it.

So if there's enough pressure from the ground for server transfers, we might just get it.

Just to get a feel: This ever struck anyone's mind?

It has for alot of people but main thing is going from 30-40 latency back to 220-300+ latency which can be a kick in the teeth for those with less powerful computers

Also the prime time for most APAC players is usually bed time for alot of US players so its a catch 22, especially if people transfer to same type of server they are currently on. :tran_tongue:

Just a question to all the APAC: Anyone feels that they want to transfer out to the US servers instead?

Reason why I'm asking is because this recent event has shown that BW either doesn't care for the APAC servers (the more likely option), or are simply too incompetent to deal with it.

So if there's enough pressure from the ground for server transfers, we might just get it.

Thought about it heaps as I have a sniper that couldn't be xferred to the APAc cluster.

Went back to play it a few weeks ago and remembered why I couldn't face the re-rolling issues. 250+ MS with spieks of upto 4-500.That and only the night owls/stoners really play at that time and I have enough issues with sober idiots as it is.

That and I lose the approx 10 milllion creds worth of legacy perks,4 toons worth of unlocks etc etc.

re-rolling/xferring to a yank server really is not an option.

Thought about it heaps as I have a sniper that couldn't be xferred to the APAc cluster.

Went back to play it a few weeks ago and remembered why I couldn't face the re-rolling issues. 250+ MS with spieks of upto 4-500.That and only the night owls/stoners really play at that time and I have enough issues with sober idiots as it is.

That and I lose the approx 10 milllion creds worth of legacy perks,4 toons worth of unlocks etc etc.

re-rolling/xferring to a yank server really is not an option.

I'm hearing different stories from players in my guild. One is reporting server populations of 250+ during off peak hours (and that is more than double Dalborra's PEAK period) and ping fluctuates between 200-250 without a proxy... Of course this referring to the mega servers....

Yea as in they need to transfer literally out entire accounts over if they are going to default on the promise of keeping the APAC servers well and alive

I'm hearing different stories from players in my guild. One is reporting server populations of 250+ during off peak hours (and that is more than double Dalborra's PEAK period) and ping fluctuates between 200-250 without a proxy... Of course this referring to the mega servers....

Yea as in they need to transfer literally out entire accounts over if they are going to default on the promise of keeping the APAC servers well and alive

Not to be rude, but where did they promise to keep our servers healthy?

And even a transfer of all my toons over to a US server won't honestly help matters alot.

I've actually been doing alot of thinking recently, and with me nearing the end of the story pillar (4 pubs to max, and with 4 imps about halfway) I really can't see a massive drawcard anymore aside from the IP.

I play to end game pve, and while the fights are nice there just isn't the...... Longevity that I've grown accustomed too.Don't take that the wrong way, the fights are really fun the first few times, but after kill 4+ they lose alot of the luster.

Not to be rude, but where did they promise to keep our servers healthy?

Here is where i see a promise to keep servers healthy, a reply from a CSR:

we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience, regardless of which server they play on. As such server population balance and composition is something which we are constantly monitoring.

Just want to throw my two cents in the mix once more: I would NOT be okay with us all being transferred to US servers. I would prefer to cope with these population issues and reap the benefits of a local server.

yet no other mmo besides swtor i can think of have oceanic server so my question is to how did you manage before without oceanic servers cause even if they merge all 3 its only a temp fix

From what I read here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=539632

It sounds like they have technical constrain, resource constrain, or they are working on paid transfer; therefore no more free transfer will be offered.

As I suggest in an earlier reply to this thread, I still think it is highly possible that EA is looking at relocating the APAC server to another more asia-friendly physical location. Consider the potential market in China, they may even talking to authority in China, so people don't need to play the game via proxy.

From what I read here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=539632

It sounds like they have technical constrain, resource constrain, or they are working on paid transfer; therefore no more free transfer will be offered.

As I suggest in an earlier reply to this thread, I still think it is highly possible that EA is looking at relocating the APAC server to another more asia-friendly physical location. Consider the potential market in China, they may even talking to authority in China, so people don't need to play the game via proxy.

They can merge servers, they just did it, so no technical restraint. The have the system to let you choose to move servers too. They are obviously working on paid transfers. Mo money, mo money mo money! But I don't think that would please many players here. I have 9 characters I want to move and I won't pay to move them because EA won't do anything about the problem. Unless they have some very cheap bulk move option.

I also doubt they would move the servers. Their plans for Asia haven't changed that much in half a year.

And WoW has Oceanic servers, to the guy who said no other MMORPGs have them.

Nice one. I will admit, I do not have a character on the Asia/Pacific servers for a couple of reasons I got the game at physical launch, could not way for Australian release date. Once I got my Legacy on the US server all new Alts were created using that same server to maintain my legacy.

I have since joined a great guild on the US server and don't have any plans for being on the Asia/Pacific servers. The only thing that might encourage me is the latency.

yet no other mmo besides swtor i can think of have oceanic server so my question is to how did you manage before without oceanic servers cause even if they merge all 3 its only a temp fix

That's why I'm here, playing this MMO, it has oceanic servers. Merging the 3 isn't a temporary fix, APAC has easily enough population for one extremely healthy server.

And WoW has Oceanic servers, to the guy who said no other MMORPGs have them.

Not really. They just label them "Oceanic", but they're just the same as the US servers.

Why can't they open one of them High Pop Servers and give us an option to transfer to it if we choose to? That way, Biowares given everyone a choice of which server they want, echoing what Joveth said on Twiiter about allowing a choice, and everyone in the Oceanic Region that wants a merge will get it, with out actually merging anything.

Of course, this will mean the complete death of the other servers and really suck for those that stay, but after reading countless forum post, I doubt anyone would stick with the old servers.

Just a thought.

Bioware you must have a plan, please tell us what it is already.

They have told you, their plan is to tell you more as the find out.

Of course for them to find out more, that would require they actually think about the problem. Which would also require thinking about the Oceanic community as a whole. They did that once, they're due to do it again sometime in the next 12 years.

Bioware say they are watching this thread with a lot of interest lol but I was also told everyone should email there concerns to communitysupport@swtor.com personally I don't like how they use these forums they just don't work and the wrong people are answering our questions we need devs not online community guys that take 3 weeks to reply with an answer he must have been waiting on from another source.

But people have to remember more problems will come if population levels get very high making things like doing your daily runs and other stuff horrible.

Bioware say they are watching this thread with a lot of interest lol but I was also told everyone should email there concerns to communitysupport@swtor.com personally I don't like how they use these forums they just don't work and the wrong people are answering our questions we need devs not online community guys that take 3 weeks to reply with an answer he must have been waiting on from another source.

But people have to remember more problems will come if population levels get very high making things like doing your daily runs and other stuff horrible.

High is good...loving leveling my new toon on harbinger.......its great!!!

I suspect a large proportion of Dalborra players are also leveling a new toon on harbinger as they have given up on Bioware's promises. Most of my guild now have toons they are leveling on Harbinger.

How would this be any different to on US servers with much higher pops? I personally would love it also group up with people and do em together, most daily areas seem to spawn alot faster now to handle higher pops.

Normal questing areas may be different but as i just stated group up and do quests together, problem solved. (If they wont group, wait till they pass and mobs respawn. Doesnt take too long)

Edit: 600 posts and still no more information..... This is woeful service. I had planned to leave at end of month but will wait to see what F2P may bring :rolleyes:

Edited by Esno