POSSIBLE SPOILERS Who really has the most authority/power?

benovide

Emperor's Wrath is seen as an equal to the dark counsel.

Darth Nox is a member of the Dark Counsel

Voidhound controls a fleet of pirates

Cipher is the head of Sith Intelligence

Bounty Hunter, well, he's just alone.

Jedi Knight is a member of the Jedi council or made a General

Jedi Consular is a member of the Jedi Counsel

Trooper is just a Battalion XO, or just a leader of what is essentially an ODA.

Who is the most authoritarian, and who has the most power? Why?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Emperor's Wrath is technically above the Council and has the right to defy them if the Emperor demands it. Of course, he can't just order them around, but he is somewhat more important than the average Council member.

Darth Nox is a member of the Council, giving him complete authority about his "Pyramid". However, since his Pyramid is not particulary big and important, other Council members are more important.

The Voidhound controls a fleet of pirates, that's true. And that's all there is to it. No political or military authority beyond that.

Cipher may be the head of Sith Intelligence, but does that even exist yet? Better yet, is it still under the order of a specific member of the Dark Council? In that case, his authority isn't that great.

The Bounty Hunter is a Mandalorian hero and Grand Champion of the Great Hunt, so if Mandalore ever calls the clans to war, he might end up having authority. Beyond that, not really anything.

I don't think the Knight joins the Jedi Council (although it's been a long time), but he really doesn't have to. A decorated war hero and Supreme Commander of the Jedi forces (at least on Corellia) as well as a Jedi Master, he has a lot of authority within the Order and in the Republic army.

The Consular is a Council member, so has a lot of authority, but is not Grandmaster or anything. So he has a lot of authority, but not in any extreme.

The Trooper is a Major, as well as CO of Havoc Squad. Seeing as he is Special Forces and not technically part of the Republic Army, he has even higher authority than his rank. It's made clear at some point during the Trooper story that he can commandeer any local forces of the Republic Army, if need be. However, he still has to answer to his commanding officers (General Garza as head of Special Forces, for instance).

There, you have a list. Pick the one you see as having the most power/authority/influence.

The Agent only becomes the head of what's left of intelligence, and is answerable to the military.

Jedi Knight become liaison between Jedi Council and Military, but does not join the council.

By Voidwolf, I assume you mean the smuggler leads a fleet of pirates, also he is joint leader(alongside Rogan the Butcher) of a criminal network.

The Emperor's wrath is limited in his power, he can do what he likes, but has no powerbase to draw upon, although I assume he would quickly build one.

That just leaves the Jedi Consular and the Sith Inquisitor, both are members of their councils, although Jedi Council only controls Jedi, while Dark Council controls the entire empire. To me that suggests the Inquisitor has the most power, with the Wrath and the smuggler in joint second place.

For people who didn't pay attention, or at least who didn't go Dark Side, Lord Jadus appoints you as the head of Sith Intelligence. And will model it to your desires.

Oh, I didn`t side with Jadus so I never got that option:o

Drat, now I wish I was the Hand of Jadus:(

Lord Scourge never built a powerbase as Wrath, and the new Wrath doesn't really have one either, and it will never rival that of Nox.

The most power lies with The Hero of Tython, the Smuggler, Barsen'Thor and Nox, Nox and the Smuggler having a damn fleet each, Smuggler with a criminal empire, Nox with the silencer and a few Moffs to boot. Barsen'Thor and The HOT having elite ground forces, and possible armadas to boot.

For people who didn't pay attention, or at least who didn't go Dark Side, Lord Jadus appoints you as the head of Sith Intelligence. And will model it to your desires.

He appointed you as the Hand of Jadus but he did NOT appointed you as the head of Sith Intelligence, not to mention you never get to see anything concerning Sith Intelligence but only vague references, outside the IA storyline.

Also, last I checked, the one who oversaw all operations concernign Imperial Intelligence was the Minister, which was the former Keeper. This is made ABUNDANTLY CLEAR during the second act.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The agent also has the choice to go off on her own as well so depending on the option you take and I don't know about you but any agency

that tries to brainwash me

Also in act three Darth Jadus leaves and you get reassigned to another Darth in Corellia so what Darth Jadus did matters little when he leaves (if you didn't capture him)

, I have a serious problem staying with..

Edited by ScarletBlaze

For those who didn't pay attention, the outcome of the Agent Story depends entirely on your choices,

[personally I defeated Jadus, so he was either a prisoner of the DC or dead at the time.

Edited by AlexDougherty

Agent can also stay as undercover republic agent in Imperial Intellegence. Or become some sort of shadow broker, and that, as you can see in ME, is a lot of power.

Consular can be denied his place in jedi council and become it's military advisor instead. Not sure how it works, but anyway you are republic's link to Rift Alliance and it's armys. And it looks like they take orders from you, even if inderectly.

Knight can be general instead of jedi master. Not much power in both, but he is a hero anyway.

Warrior, even without power base, is feared and respected by Dark Council. So i dont think they will mind him giving orders to others, as long as this orders are adequate.

Nox ends up as head of sphere, which can give him even more personal power, and he is already one of the strongest force users. Once again, here comes fear and respect, and with them - political power.

BH is just one of best hunters in the galaxy. Can't even imagine why he need power at all.

Same for troper. Head of the best Republic squad during war.

Smuggler ends up as republic privateer (boring), or head of the criminal empire. With fleets (pirates), resources and political influence (as long as you have money to buy people). And if he takes advantage of Cartel's bad position after Makeb...

The Agent has so many alternate endings that being head of Sith Intelligence varies on your choices, for example I killed Jadus and chose to destroy the Black Codex letting Intelligence never come back together and The Agent basically becoming a Bounty Hunter/Contract Killer because he/she is no longer under intelligence. Another ending is if you leave Arden Koth alive and choose the light ending when the Black Codex comes you end up giving it to him and joining the SIS so there are many alternate endings to the Agent saying that he is in charge of Soth I telligence is just one of the outcomes.

The Agent has so many alternate endings that being head of Sith Intelligence varies on your choices, for example I killed Jadus and chose to destroy the Black Codex letting Intelligence never come back together and The Agent basically becoming a Bounty Hunter/Contract Killer because he/she is no longer under intelligence. Another ending is if you leave Arden Koth alive and choose the light ending when the Black Codex comes you end up giving it to him and joining the SIS so there are many alternate endings to the Agent saying that he is in charge of Soth I telligence is just one of the outcomes.

I'm fairly sure Darth Jadus CAN'T be killed by the player.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The Emperor's Wrath is technically above the Council and has the right to defy them if the Emperor demands it. Of course, he can't just order them around, but he is somewhat more important than the average Council member.

Wrath has no real authority I'm the Empire at all. He's not really bound by any authority either but he doesn't outrank any other Sith Lord.

Imps:

Wrath>Nox

Nox>Cipher

Cipher>The Champion

Wrath is only more powerful on paper, he is above the Dark Council but has no powerbase of his own, when he assumes the position he is warned by the Dark Council not to interfere with their affairs, this is an indication that Nox?Imperius/Occulus is actually higher in real terms than the Wrath.

'Pubs:

Voidhound>Barsen'thor

Barsen'thor=Havoc XO

Havoc XO>>>>>>Hero of Tython

Smuggler has more power than Barsen'thor, but no way is the leader of Havok Squad the equal of a member of the Jedi Council, and no way Leader of Havok Squad more powerful than Hero of Tython. Barsen'thor is greater than Hero of Tython who is greater than Leader of Havok Squad.

:eek: I had no idea.

Playing this game going on since near launch, and I never knew that. OMG I'm going to make a LS OP to become a member of the SIS FY!

Edited by benovide

Smuggler has more power than Barsen'thor, but no way is the leader of Havok Squad the equal of a member of the Jedi Council, and no way Leader of Havok Squad more powerful than Hero of Tython. Barsen'thor is greater than Hero of Tython who is greater than Leader of Havok Squad.

Authority-wise, HoT is actually just a Master. Sure, he's able to commandeer troops, but Havoc is, too. Besides this, HoT isn't NOTHING, but he has less direct military authority than Havoc.

Barsen'thor is, authority-wise about the equivalent of Havoc. I'm NOT talking Force Power, fight power, etc. I'm mostly talking military power. The Voidhound has faaaaaaaaar more power than the rest of the 'Pubs with his/her pocket fleet, close if not equal to Nox's. As for the HoT, Garza has more military chain-of-command power than him, and Havoc is very close to Garza's level. Therefore I have my chart, as shown in my last post.

Barsen'thor is, authority-wise about the equivalent of Havoc. I'm NOT talking Force Power, fight power, etc. I'm mostly talking military power. The Voidhound has faaaaaaaaar more power than the rest of the 'Pubs with his/her pocket fleet, close if not equal to Nox's. As for the HoT, Garza has more military chain-of-command power than him, and Havoc is very close to Garza's level. Therefore I have my chart, as shown in my last post.

I think you're forgetting a point about the Smuggler: it's made clear that he had that fleet at his beck and call for all of one assignment, essentially. With the possible exception of Ivory, the entire "power base" he built up, regardless of how he did it, was basically subverted after the big reveal in chapter 3.

Havoc's XO, similarly, has command of his own squad and that's about it. Heck, even the HoT outranks him at the end of the story (though, like the Warrior's title, it's probably mostly just an "honorary" rank). He has celebrity, and Garza's willing to bend certain rules for him, but Garza's still the one who actually has the authority.

Barsen'thor is on the Jedi Council, which makes him the only one, Republic-side in a legitimate and broad leadership position. Unless you assume the Knight's title is more than honorary, this leaves the others in a 3-way tie for second, having legitimate influence over...their companions, and not much else, really.

The Voidhound's military power REALLY, REALLY massively hinges on what choice you pick. If you pick either of the two DS options, you lore-wise keep your fleet and holdings. The 180 degree opposite happens if you choose the LS option.

As for Havoc, I remember him/her only being answerable to Garza. Garza, in turn, is answerable (as far as I know) only to the Chancellor (I also remember a big fracas about her political power in the 'Pub gov't.)

Barsen'thor has great military power no matter what you choose. However, the only place he really gets to exercise it is on Corellia :rolleyes: He is theoretically, like Havoc, able to commandeer whatever Republic forces happen to be at hand, but I don't remember if they ever actually show Bar'senthor doing it.

The Voidhound's military power REALLY, REALLY massively hinges on what choice you pick. If you pick either of the two DS options, you lore-wise keep your fleet and holdings. The 180 degree opposite happens if you choose the LS option.

As for Havoc, I remember him/her only being answerable to Garza. Garza, in turn, is answerable (as far as I know) only to the Chancellor (I also remember a big fracas about her political power in the 'Pub gov't.)

Barsen'thor has great military power no matter what you choose. However, the only place he really gets to exercise it is on Corellia :rolleyes: He is theoretically, like Havoc, able to commandeer whatever Republic forces happen to be at hand, but I don't remember if they ever actually show Bar'senthor doing it.

Havoc is answerable to all superior officers and the Senate, he is following Garza's orders, which gives him a certain leeway, and his/her commanding officer is General Garza herself. But if another officer gives him an order and it doesn't technically violate his orders from Garza he/she has to obey them.

Barsen'thor isn't shown using any miltary authority, but that is besides the point, he/she has it, within reason. He/she also has significant pull with the Senate, he/she is acting as an ambassador to the Rift Alliance for the Senate, therefore he/she can use Senatorial resources to accomplish his/her objectives, bearing in mind he/she will have to explain any such uses to either the Senate/Supreme Chancellor/another representative acting on behalf on the Senate/Supreme Chancellor.

In another post you claim the Hero of Tython is just another General, I think you underestimate Him/Her, as well as being a General or Diplomatic Attache between the Jedi and military (depending on choices), he/she is a Folk Hero, his/her story is going to be told through out the republic, and thus he/she is going to be given the benefit of the doubt when giving orders or responsibility for his/her actions.