Cathar as a Playable Species

iamthehoyden

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if the Cathar are going to be a buyable playable race class. That you can only get through the Cartel Store with cartel coins.

Also what if that could be a trend. For those who have the coins to spear. But don't what to spend 1.5 mil in game credit to unlock future playable races or who have yet to create a LVL 50 Legacy character yet.

Could this be a good idea or a very bad idea for Bioware to try with a few popular playable character races ???

Edited by omega-alpha

I think I get why the hatred for cathars. A lot of people are too scared of being accused of playing cartoon characters. Well, if I'm wrong, why people always name cathars thundercats and claim they "don't belong"?
This is true, I mean really who wants to play a Thundercat anyway when there was a heck of alot more species that they could have added....

Agreed. I'm saving my Jedi Knight slot for when Cathar becomes playable.
If you stay as a subscriber when f2p opens you will be getting 10 more character slots so .... Edited by Legolose

Plenty of people do want Cathar, which is why BioWare chose them as the pilot run for any new species: they were consistantly high in player preference whenever the question was asked in the past.

If you stay as a subscriber when f2p opens you will be getting 10 more character slots so ....

No, subscribers still have 12. Free players who become subscribers are upgraded 10 slots, from 2 to 12.

And funny how quickly folks jump in to bump anything else if an SGR thread it at the head of a line.

I just wish they would roll out the Cathar as they promised this past Summer. What gets me that they promise this for this year and it still has NOT happened. No wonder BW is losing subscribers hand over foot.

they said "in the coming year" not specifically in 2012. it hasn't been a year since they made the cathar announcement yet.

they said "in the coming year" not specifically in 2012. it hasn't been a year since they made the cathar announcement yet.

At E3 they announced it as coming this year, meaning 2012. Since then a lot of crap has happened that changed the entire timetable, so who knows when they will come out. I still say March 2013 we will get them.

They're going to be a Cartel Market unlock - so save your coins if you want one. Also, it's likely that they won't be in by the end of this year. There's going to be one more major content update this year (which is likely the Makeb storyline) and Cathar probably won't be in it. Not for certain, of course, but unlikely.

Can someone tell my BW's reasoning, if there is any to be had, as to why Cathar are the next species. I have no use for them and it seems it was an arbitrary decision.

I think the Cathar are a popular species. But I personally would rather see Bothans. Maybe Bothans will be added later. I have to admit that I would probably pay to play a Bothan. But Bothans might take a bit more work because they are smaller in size than other species.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to open saber options for all force classes too. A Jedi Knight/ Sith Warrior using a saberstaff would make for some awesome offensive and defensive capabilities. Especially to have a Cathar Jedi Guardian armed with one of those? Good night sweet prince.

I know I'll definitely be playing a Cathar Knight. I just wish [because I know hey won't do it] they would get someone to VO the Cathar separate so they have their distinct russian-esque accent and the growls on the harder syllables.

• 3 weeks later...
Personally I can't wait for the Cathar to be playable. I have two slots waiting for them--one as a Jedi and one as a Sith Sorc.

I cant wait for the Cathar to be playable either. I actually really like the species and think it would be cool to play as one. I am saving at least one slot for a Cathar character. ::wea_03::wea_05::wea_09::wea_15::sy_lightside::sy_item::csw_r2d2::csw_r2d2::csw_bluesaber::csw_bluesaber:

Edited by Mubuka

Are Carthar known for having Russian accents? I thought only Juhani did.

I wouldn't say Russian accents, but they do sound different. Humans evolved from omnivores while Cathar evolved from carnivores. Their dental structure would produce a voice with much more pronounced sibilants. It would be very cool for Bioware to do this with the voice, but I don't see them redoing the voice for all eight classes on all missions. And I don't see how you could apply a filter to the existing ones to modify the sound sufficiently (but I'm not sound effects artist).

Back on topic, I am still waiting eagerly for the Cathar to be released. I'm feeling a bit burnt out on the game. The new tier 7 ship components have bankrupted me between my two 50s I've managed five or six of the parts and now I'm broke. So I've been playing a lot of Skyrim and LOTRO while I rebuild my savings on the AH.

• 3 weeks later...