Series 505 Cybernetic set

Hunterkat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done. :)

In my case.. I put the full set (including melon ball head) on the companion.. but I roll with Mandalore helment, legs, gloves, and boots on my character. :D

I love how Mako sounds in conversations now with that slightly mechanical voice, and she didn't even complain much when I cut her head off and replaced it with the robotic one. Of course she was unconscious at the time... But she's good with it now!

I was thinking about getting the white Gree armor and going with just the head and hand but I like my bounty hunter like this. I might make a new trooper once I get the set unlocked in my collections and put her in that with a body type 3. That would look awesome:) I hope they come out with more sets like this :)

I don't really see how this is a bug, just a design oversight. Unfortunately, I doubt there is much that could be done as it is scripted for specific cutscenes to have the head slot hidden.

I know what you mean though. I tend to keep masks or helmets on the majority of my characters. A cut scene will start and suddenly I see their face for the first time in a few weeks and it always catches me off guard.

I don't really see how this is a bug, just a design oversight. Unfortunately, I doubt there is much that could be done as it is scripted for specific cutscenes to have the head slot hidden.

I know what you mean though. I tend to keep masks or helmets on the majority of my characters. A cut scene will start and suddenly I see their face for the first time in a few weeks and it always catches me off guard.

Oh I know it's not a bug, it's working as intended, for helmets. Like I mentioned in the opening post though this really isn't a helmet, but a full head. Take off any chest piece you have on with this part and look closely at it and you would agree.

what I'm asking is that since this is different from a helmet that the Devs code it to where if a character is wearing it that it doesn't come off during cutscenes. Or maybe give us a toggle on it to make it not come off during cutscenes.

Very Cool. I was thinking of that on my BH. I was also thinking of a whole squad of Cyborg Troopers. lol

I too want a cyborg trooper. The only class though, from what I see, that you can have a full cyborg/droid ship with is the agent. all other classes have at least one companion who the armor wouldn't work with.

Oh I know it's not a bug, it's working as intended, for helmets. Like I mentioned in the opening post though this really isn't a helmet, but a full head. Take off any chest piece you have on with this part and look closely at it and you would agree.

what I'm asking is that since this is different from a helmet that the Devs code it to where if a character is wearing it that it doesn't come off during cutscenes. Or maybe give us a toggle on it to make it not come off during cutscenes.

Wasn't directed at you specifically, just at the few commenters who suggested putting in a bug report.

And yes, I understand, acknowledge and agree that it is far more than just a helmet, I was just using it as a comparison. The problem is that certain cut scenes are scripted to have a helmet removed, the helmet being a generic command that encompasses any sort of head gear. To have an exception of precisely one head helmet (or one series of helmets) would be a huge undertaking, and I'd imagine is fairly low on the list of priorities.

I agree that it would be nice to include, and a toggle to always have helmet on in cutscenes would be even better, but I don't think we will see this coming any time soon.

What I don't like about this set is, that it replaces too much.

A whole leg instead of a foot.

A whole arm (plus shoulder ?) instead of a hand.

A whole head instead of just a bit more than the usual cybernetic implants.

If I'd like to role-play ("what's that ?") a Jedi whose hand had just been cut off by a Sith (or vice versa), a little bit like what happened to Luke Skywalker, then I can't use this set, because it replaces a whole arm.

Similar things for leg - or head. :rolleyes:

Apart from that, I don't find this set cool, but rather gruesome. Like most Imperial armor, by the way. Meanwhile there doesn't exist any mirror of that for the Republic (an arm where The Force replaces the whole arm ?).

If I'd like to role-play ("what's that ?") a Jedi whose hand had just been cut off by a Sith (or vice versa), a little bit like what happened to Luke Skywalker, then I can't use this set, because it replaces a whole arm.

Apart from that, I don't find this set cool, but rather gruesome. Like most Imperial armor, by the way. Meanwhile there doesn't exist any mirror of that for the Republic (an arm where The Force replaces the whole arm ?).

What is keeping you from just using the hands?

What you don't like is exactly what is so cool about this set. If you only want a hand replaced then just use the gloves. Same for the feet, although they included both feet and the head is a fully cybernetic head but there are many head options already in the game that simulate cybernetic implants like Malgus's jaw and HUD displays. I think this is a set they can build on and give us many very cool options for character design.

Wasn't directed at you specifically, just at the few commenters who suggested putting in a bug report.

And yes, I understand, acknowledge and agree that it is far more than just a helmet, I was just using it as a comparison. The problem is that certain cut scenes are scripted to have a helmet removed, the helmet being a generic command that encompasses any sort of head gear. To have an exception of precisely one head helmet (or one series of helmets) would be a huge undertaking, and I'd imagine is fairly low on the list of priorities.

I agree that it would be nice to include, and a toggle to always have helmet on in cutscenes would be even better, but I don't think we will see this coming any time soon.

I have to agree that to make a exception just for this head piece might be a bit difficult. I have also heard from many that they want their helmets, ones outside of just this one, to display during cut scenes so maybe adding a toggle in the appearance menu would be the way to go. It shouldn't be any more difficult to do than the toggle to display or not display the head piece. The only cut scenes in my book that having your helmet on wouldn't look right is just the handful of the romance scenes involving kissing or the likes. that to me is not a good enough reason to have the helmet come off for every companion scene or some of the other non companion scenes it is removed for. Adding a toggle doesn't mess with any of these scenes but just gives the player the choice of how they want to see them played out.

Absolutely love the armour; whomever came up with this deserves a bonus and should be promoted because this armour is so unique and the gear fits in quite well with multiple other armour sets.

I'm not planning on every purchasing the entire set for one character, rather I'm going to spread the gear out across my legacy. It makes sense for my 55s to have some sort of structural damage given everything they've been through so I'm going to throw in a missing leg here, and a missing arm there!

Kudos to the artists and team that implement this. I'm usually quite specific in what I want my characters to look like and frankly there is not enough customization yet to make me entirely happy but this was a curve ball I wasn't expecting and is now an essential part of several characters.

- Arcada

Absolutely love the armour; whomever came up with this deserves a bonus and should be promoted because this armour is so unique and the gear fits in quite well with multiple other armour sets.

I'm not planning on every purchasing the entire set for one character, rather I'm going to spread the gear out across my legacy. It makes sense for my 55s to have some sort of structural damage given everything they've been through so I'm going to throw in a missing leg here, and a missing arm there!

Kudos to the artists and team that implement this. I'm usually quite specific in what I want my characters to look like and frankly there is not enough customization yet to make me entirely happy but this was a curve ball I wasn't expecting and is now an essential part of several characters.

- Arcada

One very good reason to get this full set bound to one toon is collections. If you have the full set on one toon it goes into your collections and that character can get endless copies of it for themselves and their companions. Pay 600 CC and you can unlock it for all your toons account wide. I have the full set on my BH and now I just have to stay out of the appearance designer and save the CC to unlock it for the rest of my account :p

I'm not just picky on what my characters look like but their companions too. I love the collections and mix/matching pieces of different pieces from my collections. It has saved me quite a bit of credits on companion looks.

Must admit I love this set. Have it on my 3 55's. The best though is my female smuggler with a white/white dye kit. Looks very Bjork if people remember the All is full of love video. The only problem is the white/white kits are expensive to get, for those looking for a cheaper option the orange/white also looks great with only a little orange accent and they are much easier to get hold of.

Must admit I love this set. Have it on my 3 55's. The best though is my female smuggler with a white/white dye kit. Looks very Bjork if people remember the All is full of love video. The only problem is the white/white kits are expensive to get, for those looking for a cheaper option the orange/white also looks great with only a little orange accent and they are much easier to get hold of.

I like it in white too, although I can't afford the dye. Mix/matched with the white Gree armor gives some really cool looks though :)

It's a weird workaround for lousy Cyborg character creation options, but I like it.

This.

This Cash shop armor is approx what I dared to assume Cyborgs, as a race would have been like from day 1. Set looks great and I much like it. I bet/hope we get more similar cash shop items sold for cash for people who like giving EA some more of their cash so cash can cash the cash as they Monetize the Players.

Since graphics are already there, it would(have) be(en) fair if they'd add this stuff as part of Cyborg customization options.

But seriously, it looks great.

Edited by Stradlin

This.

This Cash shop armor is approx what I dared to assume Cyborgs, as a race would have been like from day 1. Set looks great and I much like it. I bet/hope we get more similar cash shop items sold for cash for people who like giving EA some more of their cash so cash can cash the cash as they Monetize the Players.

I'm all for Cartel Coins and the Cartel Market. I'm all for supporting a game that is very enjoyable for me. I am a subscriber, and have been one since pre-launch. I also have no problems spending a few extra bucks for some Cartel Coins when I can afford it. If that is what it takes to keep the game around for a long time I have no problems at all with it. It's better than the options of just shutting it down because it wasn't making money or putting it on maintenance with no more updates at all. If you enjoy the game this should not bother you. If you don't enjoy the game... well that is another story all together.

Since graphics are already there, it would(have) be(en) fair if they'd add this stuff as part of Cyborg customization options.

But seriously, it looks great.

Look back at my earlier posts on this subject.

I'm all for Cartel Coins and the Cartel Market. I'm all for supporting a game that is very enjoyable for me. I am a subscriber, and have been one since pre-launch. I also have no problems spending a few extra bucks for some Cartel Coins when I can afford it. If that is what it takes to keep the game around for a long time I have no problems at all with it. It's better than the options of just shutting it down because it wasn't making money or putting it on maintenance with no more updates at all. If you enjoy the game this should not bother you. If you don't enjoy the game... well that is another story all together.

Look back at my earlier posts on this subject.

Wetther or not such heavy emphasis on cash shop and monetizing subscribers is a necessary evil is very questionable. It most assuredly serves best interests of remaining Devs and EA both to sell this idea to players.

I have a huge problem with significant majority of new, good looking gear being available for dollars. I'm glad you do not!

Let us assume group of invest bankers, large corporations and their lobbyists own my country. Because of greedy stunts and mistakes they have pulled,my country begins crashing and burning. I am told a bail out of massive scale is needed to salvage things. I can believe this bail out is necessary. Unlike groups previously mentioned, I don't own my country. Thusly, It is me who ends up having to pay for it. It doesn't mean I shouldn't despise this Bail Out or the reasons why **I** ended up as the payer of mistakaes, greed, miscalculations and selfishness taking place long before end-user.

TOR launched in dysfunctional condition and under completely unreasonable expectations. BW got 200 millions+++ of cash to toy with when developing it. Yet game was unfinished, uninspired and misliked by many. Instead of being forced to pull some old fashioned hard work and top notch quality service to redeem things[Rift. Eve Online.] , they get to buy(or rather,sell) their way out of the hairy situation. I have no problem at all in being pissed off and disappointed about all this despite liking many aspects of the game.

SW:TOR is in all likelyhood most expensive video game ever made. Idea that EA would give up on it or 'pull the plug' just because it is " dangerously close" to not making any profit is ridiculous. It is clear "we need a new way of doing things" was a present thought though. Comunity's warm reception of getting to pay 10 dollah for Holo XCmas trees and Revan bathrobes ensured the easiest, most low effort, most greedy and most insulting way to subscibers was the right call. We, as community, most certainly didn't make EA work for their sub fees, so to speak. We are easy.

Edited by Stradlin