[SWTOR] Ace GSF Pilot Drakolich Helps a Brand New Gunship Pilot

scotchh

This is something a bit new me and Drakolich are trying in order to not only help new pilots but to show everyone what the ships are like. I hope you enjoy and if anyone would like to have Drakolich go over a video with them on or off the air hit me up here to get the ball rolling.

This is something a bit new me and Drakolich are trying in order to not only help new pilots but to show everyone what the ships are like. I hope you enjoy and if anyone would like to have Drakolich go over a video with them on or off the air hit me up here to get the ball rolling.

Nice... I should find a recording program then... And just submit a few of mine.. One can never be TOO good... And I'm still far under Drak skill ;)

You forgot something:

Press 'tab' kind of frequently even though you know your target is in range. You don't have to have something targeted to hit it, and it will tell you "Scout with you targeted is closing fast!" very often in time for you to get away from it/mess up its targeting solution. You don't have to lead rail shots, and you don't have to lock them on, so tabbing every few seconds will help your situational awareness quite a lot.

Something else is this: In a high-speed chase, well... he figured out that he can stop the ship instantly by scoping your railgun, cause I saw him do it to avoid hitting some terrain. If there's a persistent scout following you too closely (weapons range, even for laser cannon), you can force it to overshoot by scoping.

If it's a scout with retros, it will be able to avoid overshooting. If you pay attention, you can recognize the different engine components by what the tail end of their ships look like, so you know what engine ability they picked before they use it even once-unless it's a p2w ship.

Something else: Press 'R' a few times after death to see who all killed you.

Something else: If you know it's going to come after you, watch for it. That works extremely well in solo games where you have maybe one or two serious theats to deal with, which is basically most fights against pugs. It's not too bad in serious games, either. You have the weapons range and enough mobility to choose the terms of the engagement, and the terms you're looking for are simple: you get a clean shot at long range and it dies. Or, if your threat is not a battlescout, you can usually win a turning match because BLC are nasty like that. And, of course, there's always blasting at its tail with your short-range guns if you can set up that shot.

I also noticed the guy you were helping was playing Imp. That means he can choose Salana for the Wingman ability, which is extremely helpful in dealing fighting an enemy with evasion stacking, like all the good scouts do on their serious builds. Or just massacring a pesky low-level scout.

"I think I see bodyparts."

Thanks a lot for the additional comments. Ixop'jork the pilot in the video does a lot of damage and gets so many kills in most matches. I was surprised to see some of the things he was doing and still getting high kills. It is because you all and Drako who take the time to help the community that he will become a damn good pilot, i feel, in the future.

***EDIT***

Funny enough in the last 2 seconds of the tail slate he tells Drako I am going to make it harder on you now. I thought that was funny because he basically said thanks for the help now let me shoot at you. LOL

Edited by scotchh

I honestly wish I had a recording system, so people could give me tips on all my ships. I am a decent pilot, but having flown so long I have probably hit my skill cap with out assistance.

I can help you set up Open Broadcaster Software it is free and doe snot take a lot of CPU.

I can help you set up Open Broadcaster Software it is free and doe snot take a lot of CPU.

If you could that would be kind of awesome. This way I can upload videos for once and maybe get some people to comment on my..... decent flying..... maybe its worse then I think :p.