FAKK your stun bubbles

Kyanzes

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubble stuns are broken, I'm sure it was never meant to be a permanent stun for the entire team, keep the stun, but only on the player that casts it.

Keep the stun effect on all bubbles cast if someone specs into it (we have to go pretty high up that tree making us less effective at healing anyway). But apply the stun only if the bubble is broken by damage, not if it expires on its own or is clicked off. And boost the resolve value to make it comparable to other stuns.

This way, the bubble is still useful for healers to try to keep a teammate up. The problem for sorc/sage heals in PvP right now is that our efficient heals take a long time to cast. Having a stun on the bubble gives us time to get one of those casts off. Without the stun, bubbles are too weak to really do much, at least compared to their effectiveness in PvE.

But giving a free extra stun to our entire team that can be used even when they are stunned themselves....yeah, that part has to go.

No one cared about it when it was a mez. As a mez it'd be totally fine. It'd be another grenade, nbd. As is, it's far and away the most imbalanced thing in the game. Every class has an aoe stun that is off the gcd, can be used during a stun and generates negligible resolve. Complete joke.

Just dodge it.. what's the problem?

Crazy thought, maybe if every warzone was not stacked(between sin's/jugs/mara/mirrors)with 4-6 melee every warzone and there was a reason to bring along some ranged dps, this would not be a big issue. There should be downfalls(stun bubble) for stacking any one class type(melee). Class balance? Balanced warzones? Maddness i say!!!! Nerf stun bubble, make it useless again. Let melee have free rain over warzones once again.

P.S i do have a 50 sorc but i'm either full speced corruption or madness never once ran the bubble stun spec.

Edited by fogdog

one of the few perks to playing a merc. i have never once been stunned by one of these stupid bubbles lol

:cool:

pretty sure you have when i play on my marauder and i charge to you and it pops in your face guess what BLIND ive even gotten snipers with it so dont lie... and mercs dont matter anyway lol

I think it would be fine if it was changed to a partial Mezz, a Mezz gets immunity to Dot damage. That would be much better then the old version where your Affliction or Crushing Darkness pretty much broke the Mezz instantly, and much less powerfull then the current version when cast on a Marauder/Jugg who clicks it off and starts attacking.

probably the best idea ive heard

Playing as a full lightning sorc, stun bubble is essential considering our best abilities have activation times. However, I really think it should be higher up the lightning tree so hybrid healers can't access it without major sacrifices to healing talents.

What I want and what is never talked about is a clear way to tell the difference between a bubble that will stun you and one that won't. I shouldn't have to completely tailor my gameplay to these stupid bubbles because they might stun me.

ranged DPS at yout service, we blow up the bubbles so that YOU can SMASH'em :)

one of the few perks to playing a merc. i have never once been stunned by one of these stupid bubbles lol

:cool:

Umm what? :confused: I find it hard to believe that a Knight/Warrior hasn't ever leaped to you with the bubble on and clicked it off causing you to be stunned and eat their next Ravage/Master Strike.

No one cared about it when it was a mez. As a mez it'd be totally fine. It'd be another grenade, nbd. As is, it's far and away the most imbalanced thing in the game. Every class has an aoe stun that is off the gcd, can be used during a stun and generates negligible resolve. Complete joke.

Far and away the most imbalanced thing in the game would be ... smash. How anyone can deny this, I just do not understand.

It hits *harder* than the abilities operatives *had* that were making everyone demand nerfs to the class. Its also an AOE. It has no positioning requirement. It automatically crits and is a Force-attack allowing people to simply stack the crap out of power and surge.

Do stun-bubbles suck and need to be fixed? Sure. But there is no way you can justify changing them without addressing how retarded derpsmashers are.

the MS channel is only 2s?

I havent ever tried it, but Im pretty sure you can click off the bubble to stun them while "casting" ravage/master strike.

Edited by Dras_Keto

Probably the only perk.

On another note, most, it not all, people who complain about bubbles are playing melee and 90 % of all melees are currently smashers. They think smash is balanced and a L2P issue because it's apparently easy to avoid the three or more smashers every team has. Why isnt equally easy for them to avoid bubbles? I mean, everyone els should apparently leave the objective as soon as they're rolling in so how about that they simply leave the area when they see a bubble? Problem solved.

Look, I'm a bubbler. The last thing the game needs is offense stuns. But there is a reason everyone plays bubble as sorcs. The nerf to our clutch healing means that we have to. Deep-heal is not competitive.

Smash is the problem. Bubbles constrain smash just a little bit. Bubble needs to be fixed, but it needs to be fixed after Smash. And sages need a viable lightning tree spec, as well as a viable pvp deep-heal spec.

Look, I'm a bubbler. The last thing the game needs is offense stuns. But there is a reason everyone plays bubble as sorcs. The nerf to our clutch healing means that we have to. Deep-heal is not competitive.

Smash is the problem. Bubbles constrain smash just a little bit. Bubble needs to be fixed, but it needs to be fixed after Smash. And sages need a viable lightning tree spec, as well as a viable pvp deep-heal spec.

/sign