Ideas for playable species.

SiegerJenkins

Dear development team,

I'm not sure if this is the best forum for you to see this but I'm going for it. I think there should be a lot more playable species in the game being that there are quite a few species throughout the Star Wars galaxy. A few of the species I would the happiest to create are the Kel dor, Naurotan, and Togruta. All are obviously force sensitive. With the Kel dor, some of the customization options could be the goggles and rebreathers they must wear, possibly changing them seperately. Also make the tusks below their chins customizable, ranging from having one tusk, to three tusks, and the organs on the sides of their heads different sizes and/or shapes, and skin color ranging from peach to crimson red (as stated on wookiepedia.com). For the Naurotan, a different amount of head tails, different lengths, maybe tattoos and/or jewelry on the head tails, different skin colors, eye colors. For the Togruta, different amount and length of head tails, different tattoos on the face, eye color and head tail colors.

P.S. I would be most excited about making a Kel dor, theyre my favorite. Please at least respond to my post and hopefully give some consideration into adding these species in the near future, I'm sure I am not the only individual that would be absolutely stoked about making one if not all of these species. Thank you and may the force be with you all.

I agree that some new species would be awesome, I love the Cathar, so I was very glad when they showed up. However the species you've mentioned here have a common problem, that might MIGHT be a problem. Helmets. While all of these species have a humaniod body, which is vital for gameplay, none of them can wear helmets. Kel dors head shape is too different, Nautolan's (I'm assuming that's what you meant) got too many head tails, the twi'leks are able to wear helmets despite their lekku because they have only 2, not that much, I can't remember the specific number of head tails a nautolan has, but it's a lot more. They're heads are also a bit of a different shape to accomodate that and the Togruta have their head spikes. The sith inquisitor companion Ashara is an example of this, since any helmets you equip her with don't show up.

Honestly I reckon the Kel-dor might work, and I'd love to be able to play as one of them as well, but aye, doubt the other two are gonna happen :/

Edited by darthpersipholus

Why do you doubt the others won't happen?

I would happily play all of those species whether they could wear a helmet or not. I think they are also some of the more striking species from a visual point of view as well and wouldn't need to be hidden by helmets.

Yea, sorry, Nautolan, and with the Twilek, you can only wear specific helmets and the ones that go up their necks. All three of these species could have the same basis in that aspect and the Nautolan have six to eight head tails I think, maybe more. I know they have two in the front and quite a few in the back. And I'd be more than happy to pay for each of these on the CM if they were to introduce them. Come on ToR team, make it happen.

I agree that some new species would be awesome, I love the Cathar, so I was very glad when they showed up. However the species you've mentioned here have a common problem, that might MIGHT be a problem. Helmets. While all of these species have a humaniod body, which is vital for gameplay, none of them can wear helmets. Kel dors head shape is too different, Nautolan's (I'm assuming that's what you meant) got too many head tails, the twi'leks are able to wear helmets despite their lekku because they have only 2, not that much, I can't remember the specific number of head tails a nautolan has, but it's a lot more. They're heads are also a bit of a different shape to accomodate that and the Togruta have their head spikes. The sith inquisitor companion Ashara is an example of this, since any helmets you equip her with don't show up.

Honestly I reckon the Kel-dor might work, and I'd love to be able to play as one of them as well, but aye, doubt the other two are gonna happen :/

Well devs should make these species available and work on a bunch of new helmets that could be specific to these species (and make the twi'leks headbands not only a decorative stuff but an adaptive gear like those new ones i suggest)

PS: Rodians would be great if the devs still doesn't want to use species to different from humanoid shapes

Edited by SitHamster

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Personal opinon: Anything that can be a companion, with the exception of Dashade (rare) and Droids, should be able to be made into a playable race. The design for them already exists and the ability to wear gear and have it show on the model.

I also think they should ditch the Companion Appearance slot and just let us modify them in the Appearance Designer, with the race and gender options grayed out. More opportunity to make your companion look unique within the limits of their lore.

• 3 weeks later...
Personal opinon: Anything that can be a companion, with the exception of Dashade (rare) and Droids, should be able to be made into a playable race. The design for them already exists and the ability to wear gear and have it show on the model.

I also think they should ditch the Companion Appearance slot and just let us modify them in the Appearance Designer, with the race and gender options grayed out. More opportunity to make your companion look unique within the limits of their lore.

Love this idea about the Appearance Mod Station

I would also love to see smaller creatures in the game as well for playable characters ... like the yodians, ewoks, and jawas(would be really interesting to see what they could come up with as far as facial features). I'm curious as to why they couldn't think of a way to plausibly put the Voss in as playable characters ... I get that their planet is neutral but that could be easily fixed by having to get a certain rep with them to unlock the species for play. Wouldn't be that hard in my opinion.

This. Plus I might even add the desire that most characters in game period should eventually be on the list. I know some species like the Iridoniuns would be hard to have armor that wasn't just for them so yeah, besides some basics like that, some races like Rodians are so common to SW's it sounds silly to not have the option in a game this expansive.

• 1 month later...

Nobody's mentioned Rodians yet, I would love to play as one, plus they already have bases for both genders in it so it shouldn't be as hard as say Mon calamari or trandosians as they only have male templates so far.

And as for speaking galactic basic in the clone wars there was a rodian padawan that could speak English.

• 3 weeks later...
Well being a Trandoshan would really be cool. I was one on SWG and as for the armor...they didn't ware boots, however all u have to do is put the boots, gloves, or helmets on hide. this way u can still get all your stats from armor. Same goes for wookies and most races, if they don't usually ware humanoid cloths, just have it where its on hide. :D So ill wait for the next big expansion for a new race...see what happens then.

Love the idea of being able to change their appearance in the Appearance Designer. Great idea.

• 1 month later...

I totally agree, I'd like to also be able to change my companions name, and maybe a random characteristic could be implemented. I'd like to see more diversity, everything is being used on a short model of appearance, everything mirrors each other for the most part. Also, I don't get how all of my characters have the same legacy name, I'd like to maybe put last names on my guys. My biggest WANT at the moment is to have like 20-40 'key characters' throughout your storyline, and you can pick their fates, either by joining your team, and being exceptionally good at crew skills, or really great in combat, or you could execute them, or force persuade them to do something random... let your imagination wander.

• 2 months later...

Arkanian Offshoot.

They're quite important in the Knights of the Old Republic comic series that was set during Mando wars. The offshoot character Jarael was so epic in it. Malak even has a brief crush on her. :)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Arkanian_Offshoot

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jarael

Edited by ReturnDaenerys
add links so people know who race and character is.

Declaration: My belief, despite what others have relayed me, is that various lines of droid models could be added to be in place of a species. Since a droids AI/memory core can "technically" be transferred to other chassis there could be many customization options similar to a meatbags gear (plus the various weapons droids can wield).

Statement: I would indeed find this addition to be most enjoyable Master Bioware!

Declaration: My belief, despite what others have relayed me, is that various lines of droid models could be added to be in place of a species. Since a droids AI/memory core can "technically" be transferred to other chassis there could be many customization options similar to a meatbags gear (plus the various weapons droids can wield).

Statement: I would indeed find this addition to be most enjoyable Master Bioware!

Yes, if they added playable droids I would totally pay to play as one :D though I am guessing it would be unavailable to force users...

I personally think that there is one species that would be epic to include, and while some may think it is clichés, that species is

The Shistovanen wolfmen

P.S. This last part is wishful thinking, but being able to play Selonian would be cool

• 2 weeks later...

Playable Species:

Bothans

Why are Bothans a feasible choice?:

With the introduction of the Bothan Character by the name of Fleet Admiral Bey’wan Aygo, the Developers have introduced a species that is known to speak basic and has a sufficiently humanoid form that could address the animation needs of the various Class Story Cut Scenes.

What could be a reason why Bothans wouldn't work?:

Granted, Bothans have distinguishable semi-long snouts, that could make Romance Scenes (more specifically, 'Kissing Scenes') a little difficult and require some tweaking. However, Developers were able to overcome a similar obstacle with the Cathar.

They already have NPCs that are each of those races, and more. It'd be cool to be a Kel dor jedi. They should also add species like Mon Calamari or Wookies. Sure they might not be able to wear all kinds of armor, but you would have made a character knowing that. Maybe if they had more species, we'd be seeing a lot less Humans and more of the iconic Star Wars aliens.