Respec of advance class needs to be implemented

LoL-K-Noob

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing silly about it, they are two separate classes, if you wanted to play a Mage in WoW instead of a Warrior you have no choice but to reroll.

There is a reason that despite all the success and every convenience feature they have implemented (faction xfers and character xfers, etc...) that Blizzard hasn't implemented paid class changes. The same logic behind that decision applies to SWTOR as well.

There will never be AC "respecs" (such a poor use of the term), ever.

There's nothing silly about it, they are two separate classes, if you wanted to play a Mage in WoW instead of a Warrior you have no choice but to reroll.
Nah, the diffrecens between a shadow and a sage are no more than the differences between an elemental shaman and an enhancement shaman.

Sages and shadows are both the same class. Trying to pretend that they're as different as a mage and warrior is pretty absurd (and that doesn't matter whether you're the one who's doing it or the devs are)

Edited by ferroz

Nah, the diffrecens between a shadow and a sage are no more than the differences between an elemental shaman and an enhancement shaman.

Sages and shadows are both the same class.

No they're not. The devs have even said that AC are DIFFERENT classes. That's their whole basis for not allowing AC changes.

I think he was talking about pvp, space missions and just running flashpoints in addition to solely doing the class quests.

Yes the same flashpoints, space missions, pvp etc. you did the first playthrough. All the same thing just to experience the other class. Pointless grind.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

No they're not. The devs have even said that AC are DIFFERENT classes. That's their whole basis for not allowing AC changes.

It is no where near other games where a class is completely different form the other. We have ACs sharing many of the same talents/abilities even a tree. It is just BioWares way of trying to keep people sub'd who would actually waste their time doing it.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

Yes the same flashpoints, space missions, pvp etc. All the same thing just to experience the other class. Pointless grind.

Uh, you experience the exact same flashpoints and space missions on ANY class. You're problem is you only want one character but be able to do everything?

Uh, you experience the exact same flashpoints and space missions on ANY class. You're problem is you only want one character but be able to do everything?

Thanks for supporting me by showing how boring of a grind you have to go through in order to actually start having fun. Same silly objection as the objection to respec within AC where people want you to level 2 sages so you can play a different tree on each. Sorry, most people have a life and betetr things to do.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

It is no where near other games where a class is completely different form the other. We have ACs sharing many of the same talents/abilities even a tree.

Who cares what "other games" do. Bioware designed AC to be totally different classes, and that's what I was commenting on. They are designed as different classes despite what the guy I quoted feels.

You can make a argument about how you should be able to change to different classes even though other games don't have that ability or do classes differently. But calling them the same class is just ignoring how this game is designed.

It is no where near other games where a class is completely different form the other. We have ACs sharing many of the same talents/abilities even a tree. It is just BioWares way of trying to keep people sub'd who would actually waste their time doing it.

Sure they share many same talents from the core class, but the tree is not identical. Look at them and you will see differences. The core abilities from the tree may be the same, but not the whole tree.

Thanks for supporting me by showing how boring of a grind you have to go through in order to actually start having fun. Same silly objection as the objection to respec within AC where people want you to level 2 sages so you can play a different tree on each. Sorry, most people have a life and betetr things to do.

This is beyond funny! You claim leveling is the "boring grind" on your way to "having fun", and yet endgame in every MMO is the same thing over, and over, and over again!

I also always love when people throw in the "I have a life" garbage. I think they just need to keep telling themselves that.

I think 1.2 legacy system has something to making alts faster. Its kind of a double standard cuz..

re'specc'in between a duel wielding dps monster to a single saber damage tank is too far a stretch to be fair, however- making an entire new char and leveling just to expierience it is quite annoying.

My suggestion, opposite faction mirror.

Its silly to play the exact same story line twice to experience both classes. A long or hard quest should be implemented and upon completion you choose the other AC.

No, start grinding. What your asking for would cut the games grind in half (Not gonna happen).

It's been explained SO many times so MANY MANY times that advanced classes are completely different from each other. A Juggernaut is not a Marauder. A Powertech is not a Mercenary. What you want is no different from hitting max level with your Paladin and demanding to re-spec as a druid. Don't want to do the same story twice? Press the spacebar, pumpkin. Edited by sanctified

Its silly to play the exact same story line twice to experience both classes. A long or hard quest should be implemented and upon completion you choose the other AC.

A long hard quest wouldn't be that much different from just doing 1-50.

Play the other light/dark alignment with the other class is my advice.

No they're not. The devs have even said that AC are DIFFERENT classes.
Yes, and soe said that it's impossible to expand the bank. Dev's say a lot of things that aren't actually true.

Shadow vs sage = feral vs resto/balance druid.

Sage and shadow are the same class.

That's their whole basis for not allowing AC changes.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the basis for not allowing it is that people asked for it to be that way during beta (you know, back when you could do that); so if people feel differently now that the game is live, they should continue to talk about it. If enough people want it, I'm sure it will happen. Edited by ferroz

You must be new to video games.

Yes, and soe said that it's impossible to expand the bank. Dev's say a lot of things that aren't actually true.

Shadow vs sage = feral vs resto/balance druid.

Sage and shadow are the same class.

It's easy to find a likeness and then come up with the black or white conclusion that it is the same class. Especially if you use classes from other games.

Using 3.5 DnD rules:

Shadow vs sage = Cleric with high STR and CON vs Cleric with high WIS and CHA.

Therefore they must be the same class...

However, they both may have similar options, their gameplay is completely different. A high STR/CON cleric would be great for frontline DPS or Tanking, while high WIS/CHA is great for backup, spell based DPS, support and healing. Fundamentally they are different.

Edited by monkgryphon

A long hard quest wouldn't be that much different from just doing 1-50.
No, it's totally different than just doing 1-50 again...

Doing 1-50 again means repeating all the same content that you've already done, particularly the class quest. A long hard quest means doing completely new content.

Play the other light/dark alignment with the other class is my advice.
I have pretty much 0 interest in that.

No, start grinding. What your asking for would cut the games grind in half (Not gonna happen).

Ya I know it aint gonna happen because its one of the few ways BioWare is going to keep subs. The only people who are against this are greifers, it has no effect on them what-so-ever just like respec within AC. This is 2012, the only pointless grindfest that should exist is in a korean MMO.