Powertech 2.0

FeralPug

Shoulder missle when activated will over time stack 4 missles on it. Each missle is off GCD and has a 1 sec CD between missles. When you fire all the missles it goes on a 90 sec CD. When I was in full tank spec with tank gear(i.e. no damage buffs to it) it was hitting for 1k, so I'm guessing in a dps spec it will add some nice off GCD burst to it. Also the missles will last for 5 min if you don't fire them, which is nice

is the Superheated Rail changed, and does it still stack with the new Puncture?

havent read that it doesnt still stack, so i assume it does.

also after checking out the new gear on PTS, alacrity on everything, even dps gear....

early ideas?

stack it for?

ignore it, just 'let it happen' if its there?

avoid it in favor of other stats, as the decreased gcd may cause heat issues?

One interesting thing I found was that I was getting pretty much exactly the same numbers against the Ops dummy in pyro and AP. In the current game I get much better numbers with Pyro. I enjoy the mechanics the AP better and they get some nice toys (30% aoe damage reduction just to name one) where as in Pyro I had to put a bunch of points in snares and slows just so I could climb the ladder, so AP might actually be the better PvE spec come 2.0. Running against the dummy in AP I never used rapid shots once and every time I overheated I had vent heat off cooldown. Plus the new missles are a ton of fun in all 3 specs.

I've always enjoyed AP, and usually favor it for normals for fun factor. I think it finally has a fighting chance. The buffs are unmistakable:

1. increase damage to HEGC

2. blood tracker

3. power loaders

4. energy rebounder

Moving energy rebounder, and buffing it, is huge. Not to mention the fact that our energy shield is buffed passively. It's a huge boon to AP. I always argued that pyro was more survivable over the course of an entire WZ due to energy rebounder. Now that AP has it, we have a very durable spec.

I can see an AP PT guarding a node in Hypergates or off-node in VS. With power loaders up, no one is gonna cap on you.

My only gripe is that the shoulder cannon looks terrible with my fur coat.

I just started trying AP and it seems really fun but im interested in seeing the full difference with Powertech 2.0 as I might just switchto it entirely. Pyro is awesome no doubts about it but i think personally Im having more fun try to get AP down pack that with 2.0 its gonna be an awesome delight. I may end up using one spec for PvP and the other for PvE

So with the new Pyro Shield ability, is it pulsing that damage every second it's active or is it reciprocating that damage when attacked (similar to marauder cloak)? I hope it isn't just a one time "pulse" when you activate energy shield because that ability could be pretty sick, even though it's a 2 min cooldown :\

So with the new Pyro Shield ability, is it pulsing that damage every second it's active or is it reciprocating that damage when attacked (similar to marauder cloak)? I hope it isn't just a one time "pulse" when you activate energy shield because that ability could be pretty sick, even though it's a 2 min cooldown :\

Similar to the Marauder's Cloak of Pain. So each time an enemy attack damages you while you have energy shield activated they take the flameshield damage.

Awesome, thanks for clarifying.

I did some tests with it on Ilum today. Unfortunately the talent disappoints...greatly. It seems to work versus all direct attacks, though dots do not proc the thorn-effect. It works versus ranged attacks as well, not just melee, but the thorn-effect has a limited range, so someone gunning at you from 30 meters away won't take any damage from Pyro Shield. The range on the damage seems to be somewhere between 6 and 10 meters.

Unfortunately, it only emits a single roughly 600 damage hit per second max, regardless of how many enemies attack you. If for example 10 enemy players are bombarding you, a random player will take 600 damage, 1 second later another random player takes the 600 damage hit, 1 second later another..etc..etc.. So its not an AOE at all. In fact it is mostly useful vs 1 enemy, at most 2, as a little bit extra burst. I'd personally probably skip this talent if I were to play Pyrotech (which I won't :p )

I also tested our other special shield talent: Energy Rebounder. This talent I have found is extremely nice, and imho much better than Pyro Shield. As it is on live, every point of damage you take be it from a dot, AOE or a direct attack reduces the cooldown of Energy Shield by 3 seconds, meaning you can essentially use Energy Shield every 40 seconds or so if you are continuously attacked.

In addition to this, every point of damage you suffer, be it a dot, a force attack, whatever, and regardless whether Energy Shield is active, has a 20% chance to proc an absorb shield similar to that of the Immortal Juggernaut following a Force Scream, though (obviously) somewhat less potent. I have found it absorbs roughly between 500 and 600 damage. Over the duration of a fight this adds up and is an awesome little bonus to an already great talent.

Edited by LordExozone

Focusing on the changes and comparing to current is good, but it all depends on how it balances with other classes. What are ppl experiencing on the PTS when it comes to how the Powertech handles? Is it as uber as the old one compared to other classes or have you guys noticed the edge is gone?

Focusing on the changes and comparing to current is good, but it all depends on how it balances with other classes. What are ppl experiencing on the PTS when it comes to how the Powertech handles? Is it as uber as the old one compared to other classes or have you guys noticed the edge is gone?

Can't properly test it as there is a bolster bug where people end up with godly stats (900k health, 60k damage with basic attacks, etc..) in PvP you die in 3 seconds due to this.

How much does this thing improve the burst for AP? i am curious if it will allow us to kill healers with AP.

Atm in live it is possible to kill most healers as AP using CGC and 3 points in the pyrotech tree for the guaranteed flameburst proc, though heat management is challenging. With 2.0 killing healers will be harder for all specs.

What our new shoulder rocket essentially does is give 4 (or 7 as AP) attacks a roughly 1.000 damage bonus (since the rockets are off the cooldown) on a 1.5 minute cooldown. Will this extra on demand burst be enough to kill healers? I dare not say. But it will certainly help.

I love how besides simply added burst, shoulder rocket has several other more situational uses. For example instead of adding them to your rotation for more burst, in PvP you could use them to deal roughly 4k damage while stunned/mezzed to finish off an opponent on low health who thought he was safe, and as Shieldtech you can use them as an on demand self-heal (20% of your hp!)

Edited by LordExozone

it's 10m only, you must make sure you are close to the cap.

Thats the problem for all classes lol...not being close to node!

Anyways i dont think being AP and being able to kill healers is OP. we got a boost and itll help us out in the long run. And i do agree that for pvp SC is good for defending nodes for AP and ST although I would say it could used in your AP rotation at the end or right before you use Flame Thrower (3stacked). And for operations SC could be equivalent to Series of Shots for Lethality snipers, a high hitting filler move. I actually think SC could contribute well to AP dps solely because its a decent hitting move and gets a slight ammo boost cause the AP tree

I did some duels on the pts in AP with the full set of Arkanian gear minus relics. The way the talented shoulder cannon talent works is that when you activate it you immediately get 4 missiles it then proceeds to load three more at the normal loading speed for a total of 7 missiles. They crit for about 2.3k and the cooldown between launching them is approx. 0.7 sec. Lining up a RP/RS, with a TD/ED and missile will be a serious amount of burst.

However while I think AP is getting better what i'm really excited about is pvp pt tanking in 2.0. The new oil slick is amazing the aoe it generates is bigger than an orbital strike and its extremely difficult to get out of. Plus the jet speed talent is now amazing. As long as you get attacked you get a 30% speed boost. I think pt tanks will be on par with jugg tanks in pvp when 2.0 hits. I can't wait to leap, flame sweep slow, pop HO and haul *** into the endzone in HB :D.

I did some duels on the pts in AP with the full set of Arkanian gear minus relics. The way the talented shoulder cannon talent works is that when you activate it you immediately get 4 missiles it then proceeds to load three more at the normal loading speed for a total of 7 missiles. They crit for about 2.3k and the cooldown between launching them is approx. 0.7 sec. Lining up a RP/RS, with a TD/ED and missile will be a serious amount of burst.

However while I think AP is getting better what i'm really excited about is pvp pt tanking in 2.0. The new oil slick is amazing the aoe it generates is bigger than an orbital strike and its extremely difficult to get out of. Plus the jet speed talent is now amazing. As long as you get attacked you get a 30% speed boost. I think pt tanks will be on par with jugg tanks in pvp when 2.0 hits. I can't wait to leap, flame sweep slow, pop HO and haul *** into the endzone in HB :D.

On the first part of your quote: thats honestly sounds like SCannon will be fun to use though I'm so tired of Pyro at this point using it with AP will be a joy.

On second part: yeah the new enhancements to the abilities seem great though i never saw PTTanks as being less than Juggs they always seemed great to me